Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 08-15-2018, 03:22 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road
Default [2018-09-08] Singing - Farewell to Summer - Warsaw

Seems like she's going to perform Moi...Lolita and J'en ai marre there...

Any thoughts ?

I'm super happy for this ! : dance::ah a:
Old 08-15-2018, 05:20 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Wow! Where did you find this Edsel? I follow alizee.updates on IG but have not found this. It looks like she will perform in Warsaw, Poland? I cannot find any mention of dates.

If this is legit, this is HUGE!
Old 08-15-2018, 06:20 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road
Default Confirmed !

CONFIRMEEEEED SHE WILL SING !!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !
Old 08-15-2018, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Edsel, can you please post a link?
Old 08-15-2018, 09:18 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Edsel, can you please post a link?
Just look on Alizée's Instagram Stories.

https://www.instagram.com/alizeeofficiel/

Edit:

Quote:
On 8 September, the Czechowicki Park in Ursus will visit the world-famous French singer Alizée. It will be the star of our outdoor event 'Farewell to Summer'. Her most famous songs in Poland include 'My ... Lolita' and 'J'en ai marre'. It promises to be a great musical evening.
That doesn't say what she will be singing.

https://www.facebook.com/dzielnicaur...18049668235608

park.jpg

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 08-15-2018 at 09:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-16-2018, 02:40 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

This is big in my opinion. It shows she hasn't given up on her music career and the probability of her being in Les Enfoires I'd say just went up dramatically.

I hope she chooses her songs carefully. Some of her songs that sounded good years ago, sound different now due to changes due to age I'm sure.

I also hope she chooses her outfits carefully. During the time she was promoting Blonde, she looked great in her off stage appearances and in my opinion, not so great on stage. She really needs a manager for her career, especially if she hopes to make more appearances like this.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-16-2018 at 02:47 AM..
Old 08-16-2018, 07:58 AM
Administrator

OK guys, I was very skeptical about this yesterday because it seemed to come out of the blue and she hadn't performed anywhere in 4 years and it looked like she was done singing. It was like a dream and I just needed to be pinched to wake up. Today, I am convinced.

I agree with Scruffy about song selection and outfits. Everybody in the audience will want to hear Moi Lolita and JEM, that is a given. She was cute when she was a teenager singing Moi Lolita in those outfits MF picked for her, but when she was still singing them 10 years later, squeezing into that Moi Lolita dress didn't look as becoming. If she decided to sing them, I think it would be a mistake for her to try to recreate the dances as they were. Maybe (hopefully) this is something that she has worked on with MF lately, having a stage performance that is more mature but still fun.

One thing brought up in the past was her apparent loss of voice strength singing as she aged. She also seemed to struggle with higher notes. Like an athlete, singers need to exercise their voices. I hope she has been working on it and sound terrific next month. I REALLY hope that she realizes how much she missed singing afterwards and not only be in LE 2019, but put out a new album (with good management)!
Old 08-16-2018, 09:14 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well one thing I've seen over the years of following her including the different phases of her album productions, was seeing her in the dance studio on numerous occasions. How ever, the number of times she's been seen in a sound studio has paled in comparison.

I'm sure she's rusty as hell, but I also think she'd be willing to step out on that stage with little rehearsal. She better get some coaching and I mean not just a friend, but somebody who really knows what they are doing or this could go very badly for her.

I have a feeling this crowd will be expecting or at least hoping for the type of performances they saw from her from 1999 to 2003. They will not be happy with the amateur hour performances they saw in Mexico. She needs to present her most beautiful side and I don't think I have to go into detail of what that involves. They still know her and they will not be happy with something that is far short of what she is 'still' capable of.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-16-2018 at 09:27 AM..
Old 08-16-2018, 09:40 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with both of you.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:04 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

When I first heard the news, I thought I must have misunderstood. I'm sure her audience will be generous if she's not on the mark, but I hope she has a smash hit that blows the audience away and encourages her to take up singing again. The sponsors probably requested her old hits: Moi...Lolita and J'en ai marre. So she might not have been given a choice of tunes. Even so, a good reception might bring her back.

This is great news that's taken me completely by surprise.

Last edited by Shepherd; 08-17-2018 at 12:15 AM..