Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-24-2018, 12:01 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well if you go to the web site for Portel des Corbieres, they have nothing listed for that date, but Team AliGreg had this posted on their FB page that is if this (https://www.facebook.com/Team-AliGr%...4651265634495/) is their official page? So maybe it's not official yet.

Ali Greg.jpg
Old 03-24-2018, 12:11 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

You can buy the tickets at the bakery Baux in Portel Des Corbières.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:49 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Of course, why wouldn't it be legitimate? I was waiting to find something that seemed official before making a thread. Ske posted it informally the other day in an IG story but since that's as far as he went I infer he couldn't find any more information either. He usually posts things like this with links and hasn't yet. I do like visiting bakeries though.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:27 PM

Well I had seen 2 people post it on FB, but then I went to look up some info on the site such as where and what type of facility they had and saw on their site nothing on this event, so I started to have my doubts or at least thinking someone had jumped the gun until I saw that post on A&G's page. I believe the place holds about 400 people.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:48 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Here's the image Ske posted:

Edit:

Team AliGreg is a fan page

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 03-24-2018 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-06-2018, 02:46 PM

Saw a post on FB about winter being a bad time of year to visit the Great Wall of China. I had to add the following comment.

wall of china.jpg

Old 04-22-2018, 11:36 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

A little photoshop on Alizee international by Aude Abraham:

Last edited by Shepherd; 04-22-2018 at 11:47 PM..
Old 06-19-2018, 12:36 AM

There has been a thing in Facebook going on...I don't know if it just started or if it's been going on for a while, but it is a thing where someone get's nominated to share what their top 10 albums were in their life time. A gentleman who's first name is Mike in FB, who is an Alizee fan and who I had the pleasure of meeting in Finland, after sharing his top 10 nominated me. This is something I really didn't want a part of, but I decided to go ahead with it, but in doing so, I decided to tell the full story. I was just going to post a link to it, but I know some people here don't have a FB account and I think wouldn't have access to it so I will share my FB post here.

"Day 10: I have been nominated for the list of my 10 favorite albums of all time. Those who really made an impact and are still on my playlist, even if it's only occasionally. Post the cover every day, no need to explain and choose one person to do the same. I nominate David Hardy

As you see above, some freinds of mine on Facebook are doing a thing where they nominate someone to tell of the top 10 albums in their lives and recently one of them nominated me. You post one a day starting with your favorite. I didn't really want to be a part of this, one reason being though music has always been a major part of my life, I wasn't really into albums. Typically there's one or two very good songs on one and the rest are fillers and I never wanted to waste my time listening to these fillers and that is still true today, even for of a certain someone.
But I decided to go along with this, but in doing that, I decided to go full monty, describing the why and the wherefores, especially concerning my top 2.

In my early days of vinyl records. I would buy singles instead of albums. When cassettes came along, I could make my own cassettes adding my favorite songs. The 8 track stage was the only time I was into albums and so most of my choices are from then, the exception being a couple from recent years.

So the top 2 would be from a French singer who those around me know all too well by the name of Alizée. But for people to fully understand why she’s at the top of my list, I have to tell as Paul Harvey would say, ‘the rest of the story’.

Around 20 years ago, when I was living in Savannah, Georgia, after getting divorced, I met a woman who worked at the airport. We hit it off right away. Music had always been a big part of my life. I was big into the Napster file sharing site back then. I would make up my own cds and dvds. I had them all listed on spreadsheets so I could quickly put together a cd of what I wanted to listen to that week.

This woman I started dating use to do some gigs as a singer in a band with other members of her family. When we were driving around in my truck, she’d always be singing all my favorite songs. We were very close to getting married. In fact, we went to see a priest to see after getting divorced if there was a way we could still be married in the church. Then the company I worked for decided to pull out of Savannah. I got a job with a contract company and usually in the airline industry, that consists of going from job to job to job.

Me and my ex-wife had been in financial trouble for years, including with the IRS. I needed to get a good paying job. The major airlines started hiring around then and I got a job offer with one of them. In addition to good pay, they had a pension plan and I felt I had to take it, but that meant leaving Georgia. This led to the end of that relationship.

That led to 7 years of depression, deep depression at that. Even when I was going on vacation going to places like St Kitts or Antigua or Cancun, I’d be so depressed, I could hardly get packed in time. The only thing that kept me going was the fact I enjoy the work I do.

In that 8th year after taking that job with an airline, I stumbled upon the music of a beautiful young French singer and beautiful is an understatement. This is the perfect woman in my book. If I could go back in time and be a young man again, she is what I would want waiting for me. She’s also a very gifted dancer and she’s incredibly sexy at times. A lot too of why I enjoyed her music so much is the people who discovered her and wrote the music and songs for her. They were Mylene Farmer and Laurant Boutonnat. Mylene was the most successful female singer in French history. She is the French Madonna and the music written by Laurant was a large reason for it. I never realized how much I liked 'string' music until I heard his music.

Discovering Alizee’s music made me realize how much my music was depressing me. All it did was bring back memories I was better off not bringing back. With Alizée, there was great music from several different years of her life, plus because of her, I discovered the music of several other French singers such as Clare Keim, Patrick Fiori, Nolwenn Leroy, Christophe Mae and others. Once again, I could enjoy music again.

So I discovered Alizee 11 years ago and it's been 18 years since I moved up to Boston. You’d think not being able to listen to the songs I used to love so much would have worn off long before now, but about 2 years ago, I got a gift certificate for the Bass Pro shop. Now that store is kind of a long way from my house down a highway that has a traffic light at just about every other block. I don’t look forward to going there. So it wasn’t until about 6 months after I got that gift certificate that I finally went to the store. When I went in, there was music playing on the p.a system. A song came on that I had never heard before. In fact, I had never heard this singer before, but the lyrics struck such a familiar note, that I left the store. I didn’t just leave and wait until it was over. I hopped in my car and went home because it bothered me that much.

Another thing happened about the same time. I found out the woman that I had been in a relationship with got married and had a baby girl and thinking she was happy in her life, would've ended that depression for me, but she had also come down with breast cancer that was in a difficult area to remove. They removed it and apparently didn’t get it all and it came back. They did another operation and later on, it came back a third time. She also lost the use of one arm because of it. I haven't heard from her since I found that out and I'm very afraid to see what's going on with her.

So the feeling of not wanting to listen to the songs I used to enjoy so much became stronger than ever. With French music, there's nothing but good memories. That is the main reason her music means so much to me.

I have a cd player in my car that holds 6 cds. I have one cd that has my favorite songs from years ago. In the other five, it’s all either French music or English songs related to Alizee in one way or another. I hardly ever listen to that one with my old favorites and if I do play it, it’s not for long.
Never the less, I'm still a very happy go lucky guy though there is this and things related to this and something more recent that should leave me very depressed, yet I'm not. That depression is right around the corner and the only thing keeping it around that corner is a beautiful little French girl, who is now a beautiful woman by the name of Alizée.
As far as my vacations, I now get a tremendous amount of enjoyment out of them. Thanks to going over to see her, I've gained the confidence to go just about anywhere and have visited about 25 different European countries since.

So after telling the rest of the story, I’d have to say my #1 favorite album is the one through which I discovered Alizee and that is Gourmandises (Sweets).
Old 06-19-2018, 07:03 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Thank you Scruffy for sharing this story. Parts of it really resonated with me, and a few paralleled some of my life experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I stumbled upon the music of a beautiful young French singer and beautiful is an understatement. This is the perfect woman in my book. If I could go back in time and be a young man again, she is what I would want waiting for me. She’s also a very gifted dancer and she’s incredibly sexy at times.
This comment reads pretty much how I would describe Alizee and my thoughts about her. She was perfect in so many respects (for me), she became my standard for women.

I was single again at 50 and I had already know about Alizee for six years at that point. I was married for a long time (23 years), and not sure if I even wanted to marry again. It was hard not to think if I was a young man again and was looking for my wife to be, she would have to have as many of Alizee's attributes as possible. Her standard is so high, reality is that nobody would come close to them except Alizee herself.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:45 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Great story Scruffy.