Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-16-2011, 11:15 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

This isn't easy for any of us who are in a position as a mod or an admin or what ever. I'm sure no one in here requested to be put in these postions, but were asked to take these positions as was I. I took it because Ben asked me to and I wanted to help out the forum. We're no experts at how to handle these jobs so we often try and confide in one another when something comes up but still it's a difficult role.

Since Corsaire joined this forum, after a rocky start which was the result of my stupidity (again) we pm'd each other on numerous occassions about this and that and I would chance to say that we are freinds, well as freindly as you can become in a forum. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him and know he would never do something delibrately of a negative nature for lack of a better term. I'm sure that the picture that was posted was done in fun as were some of the comments that followed, but again, when you take everything together, We saw the possibility that things could be taken the wrong way. So we decided it was best to delete the pictures.

Now in hind sight, maybe the best thing to have done would have been to contact Corsaire and ask him to remove the picture and contact others with our concerns about their posts, express our concerns, and ask them to change them if they agreed with us. But this job has a learning curve and we are just amateurs at it, trying to do the best thing. We probably didn't handle this well, but we hope to learn from out mistakes.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Well I think you guys did a great job handling it. So, thankyou.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:33 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Well, I have myself been a moderator and administrator for years on a forum I created and I know very well that you can sometimes miss the target while trying to do what seems to be for the best. Although I still believe that this episode could have been handled differently to avoid some of the misunderstanding, there is certainly a gray zone there.

In any case, I am glad that the situation has been clarified, but regardless of the outcome, there was never any doubt in my mind that the moderation was done for the sole intent of protecting the forums’ best interest. I would like to reiterate publicly what I have already told MA and scruffy privately; if it was not for the dedication of people like you, well, it is not for certain that there would even exist a forum where we could have the present discussion. ...

Sorry for this little interlude, people.

Last edited by Corsaire; 03-16-2011 at 11:52 PM..
Old 03-17-2011, 01:05 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Sounds like an amusing few posts. Sorry I missed them. However, due to the wide age variation visiting the forum, it is just as well. Better to err on the side of caution.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:47 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
just not going to be "uptight" about being attracted to anyone
You can't win against thousands of years of DNA. Right side brain....you can't stop what it tells you. All you can do is build the necessary moats and walls on the left side to keep it in check.

My wife once asked me a hypothetical question about my ability to resist the advances of a hot young chick of common acquaintance, to which I replied: "I would fight her off with great effort.....and fail miserably" ------mental moats and virtual castles be damned.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:51 PM

But see, the thing is, as long as you act like you are fighting it off...well, then you're doing a good job. But either way, no one likes to resist

Anyway...I feel as if I should stray away from here since I'm not old and know nothing. Farewell...
Old 03-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
But see, the thing is, as long as you act like you are fighting it off...well, then you're doing a good job. But either way, no one likes to resist
Well . . . she's, you know, on the other side of the world. And we have maybe half a language in common on a good day. And we've never met in person. Under those circumstances, resistance isn't all that challenging.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-18-2011, 02:26 AM

AceTone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
My wife once asked me a hypothetical question about my ability to resist the advances of a hot young chick of common acquaintance, to which I replied: "I would fight her off with great effort.....and fail miserably"
Trick question, there's no such thing as a hypothetical question asked by a wife. No?
But the correct answer would be telling her "Why would I resist your advances?"

Also, if you want to stop a woman's advances ... marry her.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Well . . . she's, you know, on the other side of the world. And we have maybe half a language in common on a good day. And we've never met in person. Under those circumstances, resistance isn't all that challenging.
Oh I was refering to young women in general...cause that's what OGRE was refering to...
Old 03-18-2011, 11:50 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post

Anyway...I feel as if I should stray away from here since I'm not old and know nothing. Farewell...
At least you confess... you're NOT OLD !! I suspected this kind of betrayal from you...