Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-18-2007, 10:00 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road
Default Wikipedia Needs Our Help!

Go to this page, Alizée's page on Wikipdedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alizée

You'll notice something about it. There's no picture of her, only a template! Wikipedia desperately needs a free image of Alizée. Not just an image pulled off of a server free of charge, but one with a free license. This means that anybody can use it, manipulate it, or do anything they want with it. This makes Wikipedia a much more portable resource.

So, what gives you the right to make your image free? Simple. You need to own it. If you snapped a picture of Alizée while at one of her concerts, performances, or randomly on the street, you can make it free, and Wikipedia needs it.

Have a free image? You can license it yourself under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 license and upload it to Wikipedia, then edit the page, or I can do it for you. Just PM me with the image, and give me all rights to it. I will then own the copyrights to the image, and be able to license it and make all the edits for you. Yes, I will now own the image, not you, but it will be under this non-revokable license, so even if I wanted to stop allowing you to use it, I wouldn't be able to.

Please help improve Alizée's page -- We need a free image!
Old 06-19-2007, 09:15 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

This has been asked many times but to no avail...

Can't you just use an image and credit the photographer and source like they did here?

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 06-19-2007, 10:37 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Are copyright holders actually challenging the pic on wikipedia? Seems strange since a good pic would be a good promotion.

Oh well, we have some fine artists in this group. Why not use one of the nice pencil pics they've created. I'm sure our budding artists would be thrilled to have their pic there, along with their name.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:21 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

i've been noticing a lot of pics have been disappearing from wikipedia...which sucks..is this voluntary or is someone demanding they go down? i've noticed especially album covers of many musicians are disappearing left and right...booo...
Old 06-20-2007, 01:52 AM
The Presence

chrelion is on a distinguished road

Hm. Well, there's bound to be some from fans who were with her, but Lili seems somewhat guarded about those - such as that whole "recent fan meeting" post fiasco a while ago.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:03 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Pick Neoteny!

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=1460
Old 06-20-2007, 03:21 AM

dagle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
i've been noticing a lot of pics have been disappearing from wikipedia...which sucks..is this voluntary or is someone demanding they go down? i've noticed especially album covers of many musicians are disappearing left and right...booo...
Mostly voluntary I would say.
The thing is that the pictures shouldn't be there in the first place becuase they ain't free (as in freedom). There are alot of reasons why they need a free picture and that it was removed (don't blame wikipedia, blame stupid laws and record companies) and in the long run this is the only healthy thing to do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about the fact that a picture of my angel has been removed....

So, doesn't anybody have a picture of her or have someone contacted the music company to see if they can release on under a free license?

(P.S I'm a meber of free software foundation )
Old 06-26-2007, 05:33 PM

kdn is on a distinguished road

It's kinda strange that this little thing has not been resolved after so many years. There are many of her fans are wikipedia editors, admins... etc, some are on this board, too. We also have more than a few good artists, photoshoppers.

So why didn't anyone do this once and for all?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:52 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

I'm in contact with somebody who might be able to CC his rights to pictures he took at concerts, which is great news!
Old 06-26-2007, 05:57 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

^ you know someone who went to the concerts, holy crap, you have any connections? honestly he must be really lucky or know alot fo people to get there, or jusu live in France and have the money and time for it.