Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 08-28-2015, 02:52 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Alizee could probably establish herself as a regular on a soap and do that for years. In that situation, she would, at least, not disappear from public view, but--in the category of "Never Satisfied"--that's not where I want her. I would love to see her in a serious role in a movie, but most of all, I want her singing again. We might on occasion see her sing as a guest on a TV show, but I suspect she has lost faith in her ability to excel in the music business. Despite what she has said to the contrary, I fear we will not see another album.

For some reason my comment is being scrambled. I noticed the comment by Scruffydog has also been distorted to the point it is difficult to understand. It's like our comments have been processed through a computer translator and come out garbled.

Last edited by Shepherd; 08-28-2015 at 02:57 PM..
Old 08-28-2015, 03:12 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
For some reason my comment is being scrambled. I noticed the comment by Scruffydog has also been distorted to the point it is difficult to understand. It's like our comments have been processed through a computer translator and come out garbled.
Everything looks normal to me. Does anyone else have this issue? Maybe your browser and/or device needs to be restarted?
Old 08-28-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Everything looks normal to me. Does anyone else have this issue? Maybe your browser and/or device needs to be restarted?

My comment looks ok now, but the one by Scuffydog still looks garbled.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:50 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Everything looks okay to me, though things I say, often come out garbled.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Everything looks okay to me, though things I say, often come out garbled.
I've never noticed you comments as being garbled before. I've retyped what I am seeing on my computer below. If you could look at it and comment as to whether that is what you wrote, I'd appreciate it. What I am looking at are all the capitalized words in the middle of the sentences and the unusual word arrangements:

"If she About did well..."
"I thought They want to Would-have her back"
"at least in a role Where She's not a regular qui..."
"something I'm safe she'd rather have"

Since no one else has noticed anything out of order, perhaps Ray is correct and it's my computer screwing up.

I do not think That Was Mentioned ever. That's why I was wondering What Was Said about her appearance in social media. If she About did well in the public's view, I thought They want to Would-have her back, at least in a role Where She's not a regular qui is something I'm safe she'd rather have. Purpose if this is the kind of shooting lag They Have entre year episode (march-august), Then it airing, They'd think I'd want to do something soon while her character is still fresh in the memories of people watch the Who show.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:20 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

@Shepherd Maybe this will appear correct if I quote it.

Quote:
I don't think that was ever mentioned. That's why I was wondering what was said about her appearance in social media. If she did well in the public's view, I thought they would want to have her back, at least in a role where she's not a regular which is something I'm sure she'd rather have. But if this is the type of lag they have between shooting an episode ( march- august), then airing it, I'd think they'd want to do something soon while her character is still fresh in the memories of people who watch the show.

Okay, so I've been thinking about her performance on the program last week. One thing I noticed is that the producers/directors/costume people chose to have her wear clothing that concealed her tattoos.

I also think that everyone agrees that her makeup and hair looked great. Whoever was in charge of these things (makeup and hair) knows what they are doing.

I'd love to see her acting more but I think (as others have said) that this was a one-time thing she did that was fun for everyone.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:37 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I was just kidding about my posts always being garbled, but it looks like what Shepherd posted was pretty garbled. Now sometimes I'll type something out real quick and then post it, then read through it and realize I made some mistakes, but I'm sure that's not what happened. It looks like some of the stuff got garbled some how.

Now the line "they would want to have her back, at lease in a role where she's not a regular" might not sound right, but it's because I believe she wouldn't want a full time role. I think she'd want one where she'd only would have to appear every so often.

As far as what Ray said, I do think she does look much better when the tats are covered whether they did it by design or by accident. It's like when she first walked into camera view, it was like wow, what a beautiful woman.

I honestly think she could do well as an actress, but I don't know how much her not having any professional acting lessons would hinder her, plus I think so many serious roles could never happen because of her tats, but I think that's probably a very good thing for us. I think most people here would much rather see another album with concerts and if she isn't getting any acting roles and with what I perceive as these dancing appearances as getting a little old in the not too distant future, then the only direction she can go in if she wants some more meaningful success, is another album.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:17 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think most people here would much rather see another album with concerts and if she isn't getting any acting roles and with what I perceive as these dancing appearances as getting a little old in the not too distant future, then the only direction she can go in if she wants some more meaningful success, is another album.
I agree, Scruffy. As I've said before, my interest in Alizée was because of the music. For me personally, dancing is just not a big thing to me. I have nothing against it and I appreciate the difficulty, the artistry and the fact that is very interesting to many people. It's just not my thing. I would be much more interested in Alizée's career if it was about recording albums and doing concerts. Having said that, I'm glad that she has been enjoying her life and had gained a boost in popularity during her DALS appearances. Most of all, I hope she does what makes her happy. But I really miss the music, and that's where my interests are.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:53 PM

A problem Alizee has grappled with for some years now is finding a musical niche in which she can succeed. She has experimented with a number of pop styles that haven’t worked for her.

The dominant style of music today is urban music, which is not at all appropriate for Alizee, making it more difficult for her to find a hit. Urban music doesn’t suit her personality or her voice. When she stood in for Britney Speers singing “Scream and Shout” in her soft, sweet French accent, it was like watching the Queen of England belt out “You got to turn this shit up.” As a fan of Alizee, I found it cute but not convincing. Alizee works as a French Mademoiselle, not a streetwalking ho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7osRpSJOsE

I think a direction Alizee might take a serious look at is to go back to the style of music she first sang when 15 in the amateur contest—“Ma Prière” or “DuPiano Debout”—French, jazzy, and sophisticated. It won’t make her a blockbusting star or put her in the top 10 pop tunes, but it will bring her back from oblivion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFMtlCfsroY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbR-...WSnyX&index=32

Last edited by Shepherd; 08-29-2015 at 06:15 PM..
Old 08-29-2015, 06:07 PM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
it was like watching the Queen of England belt out “You got to turn this shit up.”
Am I the only one who would actually really like to see this happen?