Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-10-2018, 07:40 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Ladies and gentlemen here we finally are: the Behind the Scenes video... .with some cute interactions between Alizée and Julia
Thanks for posting this! I had a few short segments of the video that was posted on IG, but not the full thing.

Julia, cute girl and looks like a good sport when they had bloopers. When the hair blows in her face at 3:51 and she couldn't help but start laughing, that is pretty funny But still, I keep waiting for the next time it showed Alizee. Her little shoulder shrug at 1:24... you just can't manufacture that kind of charm.

Quote:
I can 100% relate ...for some reason with Alizée I never felt the urge to act on some sexual thoughts of some sort... I just enjoyed her purity/cuteness/charm or whatever that is and It just kept awakening a protector instinct in me, like a brother would want to care for his younger sister or a dad cuddling with his daughter... it's really hard to explain..
Even though you said it is hard to explain, I think you nailed it, at least for me. I became very protective of Alizee very soon after seeing her for the first time. I get mad at lewd comments left on her videos. I'm a hugger, so it would be real nice to be able to give Alizee a big bear hug, but that's about it.

Edit:

Quote:
Agreed, the stereotypical image of french singers/actresses in the US is indeed sensual/sexy I believe , but also most americans think of french girls as brunettes/black haired for some reason.. so seeing some blue eyed blonde french girl showing up in the US market would definitely add to the surprise/novelty factor , especially with america's obsession with blonde hair on teenage stars , she might be presented as the french taylor swift or britney spears
Yes, America likes blondes, that's for sure. Marilyn Monroe probably started this. I never really stereotyped French woman as being only brunettes, probably because I am old enough to remember seeing movies with probably the two most famous French actresses in Hollywood back in the day, Brigitte Bardot and Catherine Deneuve. Both were blonde and extremely beautiful. Them being blonde when blonde was "in" probably helped them in their career.

Catherine Deneuve

Brigitte Bardot

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-10-2018 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-10-2018, 11:43 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for posting Lapinschous!
Old 10-10-2018, 01:31 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

*Beep boop* This is a message from future-Shepherd *beeeeep*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I went back to "I Will Always love you" to see if there was anything in it that predicted Julia's great success. She's attractive for a 13y.o girl. , but not straight up child model material either. She does have an outstanding voice, but so do many talent contestants. She made an excellent choice of music. She has a lot of self-confidence and a good stage presence. And then there is something more: the X-factor. I have watched this video dozens of times and never grow tired of it. Having said all that, I would have been cautious in my prediction. She could become a big star--I would say--but I wouldn't guarantee it. And then came Myléne Farmer."

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 10-13-2018, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Julia put out a short video of her performing live in front of a studio audience at some show (not sure what it is) on her IG account. When I say live, I mean "playback", but still, even Alizee did that plenty.

It's not on YouTube, but was able to rip it from IG and put it on my Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p4...pvna7t49RONN3U

I'm kind of rooting for her now, but I was really surprised by her performance. She looks frightened, stiff, and basically near zero stage presence. She looked so comfortable and easy-going in the Making of SEXTO video. Wow. Good looks alone can't carry you in show biz. Not sure what to say.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Julia put out a short video of her performing live in front of a studio audience at some show (not sure what it is) on her IG account. When I say live, I mean "playback", but still, even Alizee did that plenty.

It's not on YouTube, but was able to rip it from IG and put it on my Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p4...pvna7t49RONN3U

I'm kind of rooting for her now, but I was really surprised by her performance. She looks frightened, stiff, and basically near zero stage presence. She looked so comfortable and easy-going in the Making of SEXTO video. Wow. Good looks alone can't carry you in show biz. Not sure what to say.
Thanks for this CleverCowboy.

I thought she looked kind of tentative and she looked to be lip syncing which Alizee did a lot of because I think it was Madonna who said "You can have a good performance, ( Such as one with a lot of dancing in addition to singing) or you can have just good singing, but you can't have both." and Alizee did a lot of dancing in her performances.

I'm still sure she'll do quite well.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:04 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

No one will deny that Julia has a gorgeous voice and she is attractive. If you put her up against Celine Dion when Celine was a teenager, which of the two would you predict would have greater success? I think Julia would come out pretty well in that prediction. If Julia could get the right piece of music, she'd be in. I don't think SEXTO is all that bad, but it's not cutting the mustard on the charts. I don't think that's Julia's fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImNsZZEjBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABPyMbKlSYo
Old 10-15-2018, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
No one will deny that Julia has a gorgeous voice and she is attractive. If you put her up against Celine Dion when Celine was a teenager, which of the two would you predict would have greater success? I think Julia would come out pretty well in that prediction. If Julia could get the right piece of music, she'd be in. I don't think SEXTO is all that bad, but it's not cutting the mustard on the charts. I don't think that's Julia's fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImNsZZEjBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABPyMbKlSYo
I watched the entire Celine video you posted. The main difference between the Celine video and the Julia video is that Celine is really performing live, while Julia is lip-syncing in a produced music video. Celine shows a lot of passion while she is singing. There is no pressure of dancing while singing, or looking sexy.

To me, Julia's voice is more ear-pleasing than Celine. But, Julia has an image to portray, and that live video showed me she is not comfortable with what she is doing. It's not natural to her. I think you are correct though when you said that Julia would be in with the right piece of music.

Julia got noticed singing a Whitney Houston song. Here is a clip of a young Whitney Houston in 1983 on the Merv Griffin show. Amazing stage presence and she stood in one place the entire song. It's impossible to watch this song to the end on not think this young lady would make it big one day.

https://youtu.be/Dw2hjXDCM6k?t=153

I think Julia would do much better singing more classical styles of music.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-15-2018 at 10:19 AM..
Old 10-15-2018, 12:45 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Old 10-15-2018, 09:08 PM

Whitney Houston had an amazing voice.

I'm sure MF will be writing an album for Julia and I'm sure there will be some hits on it.

Have we heard anything about Julia as far as how she got started?
Old 12-07-2018, 08:40 AM
Administrator

It's been a while since I checked on Julia SEXTO video. It has a little over 500K views now, but is definitely losing momentum. 1.5K dislikes compared to 4.5K likes? That is not a very good ratio.

I'm starting to root for Julia and hope she does well. I just thought her album would be out by now - it's been three months since the video was released. Maybe a month in between, but three (and probably more)? There has been too much time for people to bore of her already and move on to the next best thing. It might be a big strategic mistake.