Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-13-2007, 10:56 PM

LiquidC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
Well, I don't even follow hockey anymore, but when I did, I always cheered for the Canadiens, even though I wasn't a Francophile at the time. Is Koivu still around? And who was that goalie who was so good that they had a few years ago?
Yeah Koivu is stll around, still captain and he's still good.

That goalie was Theodore, but he got traded 'cause he started to suck alot and no one liked him anymore. Now we have Christobal Huet as our goalie who is actually french from Fance.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Can you ask him if he has a beau cul?
Old 10-13-2007, 10:58 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Isn't Huet the French national team's goalie? I frequently play as France on NHL 06/07/whatever season I have, though I could be mixing it up since I play as Montreal the rest of the time.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:00 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidC View Post
Yeah Koivu is stll around, still captain and he's still good.

That goalie was Theodore, but he got traded 'cause he started to suck alot and no one liked him anymore. Now we have Christobal Huet as our goalie who is actually french from Fance.
Very cool, maybe I'll have to watch some playoff games this year. PM me if there's a really cool game that they play .
Old 10-13-2007, 11:01 PM
485 Internet points!

Solaris is on a distinguished road

I hope not but she stated in an interview a good while ago that when asked if she would ever promote her Album in the Us and she said no. they know more about us because we are a part of their lives a lot but you rarely hear of France over here...unless you are into Gaming cause they got a real big developing team over there, Ubisoft.

[9:59] [Solaris] here comes marik!
[Alizée Bar and Grill]: marik has entered at 9:59
[9:59] [Bill Seals] OH shite
[9:59] [Solaris] I TOLD YOU
[9:59] [Chommpers] mind powers
Old 10-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Corsica is only sort of French. It is politically part of France and under French law, and (not without some effort and struggle) speaks the French language, but culturally and historically it is itself. It has been independent only briefly, though. It was under Genoese rule from 1282 until France bought the island from Genoa in 1768.

Although Corsicans speak French today, there is an indigenous language, very close to Latin and closer to Italian than it is to French, called Corsu. There appears to be a fairly active independence movement on the island. More realistic than full independence, which it's unlikely France will grant, is increased autonomy. Corsu is believed to be in danger of going extinct.

Wikipedia has a pretty decent article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corsica

As for city versus country, the biggest towns are Ajaccio with about 53,000 people and Bastia with about 40,000. So there are no really big cities. It's an easy flight or ferry ride to France proper, though, and the island itself isn't totally primitive. As noted Joseph Jacotey is a computer engineer of some kind (unless he's now become a professional photographer -- he's good enough).

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Alizée has been to New York and she got married in Las Vegas. I would think she has no problem with the American people.

Here are some links to some photos Alizée's father has taken in Ajaccio. I believe Ajaccio is the capital of Corsica.

http://jacotey.fr/Site/Ajac%27art.html

http://jacotey.fr/Site/Le%20port.html

I believe there is a small movement in Corsica that want independence and have committed terrorist acts, but I know very little about it. Maybe someone here who knows more can elaborate on the subject.

Last edited by lefty12357; 10-14-2007 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: Fix link
Old 10-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Old Geezer & Music Critic

AmericanFan is on a distinguished road

Well that sucks! New York isn't the first place I would want a visitor to see and I'm from Nevada. There is a reason that you only see photos of Las Vegas at night. During the day it looks like the surface of the Moon.
There is a time diff between us so I get to wait to talk to him again.
According to the photos, some of the buildings look ancient but everything else looks modern. I must have misunderstood almost everything he said. I need a good translator!
If her dad works with computers I wonder why he has Apple logos on his web-page. I also wonder why he doesn't update his daughter's web-page.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:34 PM
485 Internet points!

Solaris is on a distinguished road

Well apparently her father has formed a new passion of photography. Thats why he has apple its suppose to be a better photo/video editor than PC. That would explain why he has the Apple symbol. Corsica looks beautiful, like a place to just forget everything.

[9:59] [Solaris] here comes marik!
[Alizée Bar and Grill]: marik has entered at 9:59
[9:59] [Bill Seals] OH shite
[9:59] [Solaris] I TOLD YOU
[9:59] [Chommpers] mind powers
Old 10-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
It's an easy flight or ferry ride to France proper, though, and the island itself isn't totally primitive.
Not at all, even the hotel had free wireless Internet.

Though... there is an unspoiled kind of beauty to the place, preserving older sites and not over-developing things. Think other popular Mediterranean travel spots, though less artificial.

Actually, the most primitive thing I saw in Corsica was the rickety train across the island, though they even shut that down while I was there (pain in the butt) to begin modernizing it.

About the independence terrorists, yeah they exist though obviously I didn't encounter them or really any hostility. They're kind of more a mafia from what I've heard anyway, intimidating rich non-Corsicans who move there and start building houses on the island.

There's a cool Jean Reno movie about it, though being an action-comedy, I'm sure it's not very accurate.
http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthread.php?t=14883
(DVD has English subtitles)

Funny this topic came up now, because just the other day in my quest for everything and anything remotely Alizée related, I downloaded this episode of The Amazing Race:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VTUMT3OW

I'll leave it at that and let you guys discover it for yourselves.