Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-01-2007, 08:44 AM

clique is on a distinguished road

Yeah you're probably right about the overall sound isn't really Gourmandies/MCE-style, but I was mostly talking about the sound effects and such. Stuff like Alizée saying "Aaah!", "Woo!" and "Yeah!" in the background might have been cute back in the days when she was younger and had a different image, but tbh it just sounds tacky now and doesn't really fit with the (possibly) more mature image.

It just felt like this wouldn't have been totally out of place on her previous albums.

And I agree with you about the drowning of her voice. Don't like that at all.

Edit: Just to clarify, I really like the first half of the song. The second half though, not so much.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:51 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
Does the fact that the full song is out in the open make this an unintentional leak? Whose going to put their entire song on the internet pre-release?
well some people claim that they had the full song since the beginning. funny how as soon as the calendar hits september, the full song starts its circulation. i remember hearing that alizee's contract with universal/polydor was set to end aug. 31 and she couldn't say or release anything until sept. and the first day of sept. the whole song comes out. strange coincidence, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
Yeah you're probably right about the overall sound isn't really Gourmandies/MCE-style, but I was mostly talking about the sound effects and such. Stuff like Alizée saying "Aaah!", "Woo!" and "Yeah!" in the background might have been cute back in the days when she was younger and had a different image, but tbh it just sounds tacky now and doesn't really fit with the (possibly) more mature image.

It just felt like this wouldn't have been totally out of place on her previous albums.

And I agree with you about the drowning of her voice. Don't like that at all.

Edit: Just to clarify, I really like the first half of the song. The second half though, not so much.
yeah, i don't really like the "Aaah!", "Woo!" and "Yeah!" in fact, i hate it. it feels like two songs in one; it starts off nice and it starts falling apart, lol.

Last edited by heyamigo; 09-01-2007 at 08:56 AM..
Old 09-01-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
yeah, i don't really like the "Aaah!", "Woo!" and "Yeah!" in fact, i hate it. it feels like two songs in one; it starts off nice and it starts falling apart, lol.
Yeah, I wonder whos brilliant idea it was to add those to the song. They don't add anything to the it, except the feeling that I'm listening to a Spice Girls-song from '98...
Old 09-01-2007, 09:21 AM

Martin is on a distinguished road

It feels incomplete after the first chorus, so these weird sounds might not even be in the final version. I'm worried about the mixing of her voice mostly. Sounds a bit burried indeed.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

I'd say the idea was Lili's and it perfects the song.

It's not final edit and I don't expect the final sound exactly the same but something similar. The song is simple excellent even in current form. And when it is released, it will be perfect.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:36 AM

It's always funny seeing die hard fans defending whatever crap their artist of choice releases. I'm not saying this song is crap, since it isn't, but I can't understand how anyone can defend the horrible mixing in the song (especially the second part).

Regarding the sound effects, you are of course entitled to your own opinion, but to me they still sound extremely tacky. I don't see them adding anything to the song.

Is it just me or won't it be funny as hell seeing Alizée lip syncing to the part between 2.20-2.50?
Old 09-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Full verison is out already...before official release!!?? Even if it isn't the final edit...why release the full song? I don't get it. As much as i'd like to listen, i'll wait for the full official release....something to look forward to.

But i'm glad the single is getting good reviews so far....
Old 09-01-2007, 09:40 AM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clique View Post
It's always funny seeing die hard fans defending whatever crap their artist of choice releases. I'm not saying this song is crap, since it isn't, but I can't understand how anyone can defend the horrible mixing in the song (especially the second part).

Regarding the sound effects, you are of course entitled to your own opinion, but to me they still sound extremely tacky. I don't see them adding anything to the song.

Is it just me or won't it be funny as hell seeing Alizée lip syncing to the part between 2.20-2.50?
Well I think that some of alizee's songs in the past were a little to simple, if you play them you'll realize some of them are only 4 chords per song, and I guess thats Laurent Bounnat (or however you pronounce it)'s fault, because she wrote them, but now I think alizee came out of her shell and is showing us how she's grown into a better artist, and a more complex one. The song's 1:05 clip is amazing, the chords aren't simple at all, and even though the second half might not be; I just want a record company-put together version of the song so that it can sound complete when I play it over and over.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:44 AM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

And also; I'm sorry but can someone send me the song? The full version?

Last edited by MesGourmandises; 12-19-2007 at 05:08 PM..
Old 09-01-2007, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
Well I think that some of alizee's songs in the past were a little to simple, if you play them you'll realize some of them are only 4 chords per song, and I guess thats Laurent Bounnat (or however you pronounce it)'s fault, because she wrote them, but now I think alizee came out of her shell and is showing us how she's grown into a better artist, and a more complex one. The song's 1:05 clip is amazing, the chords aren't simple at all, and even though the second half might not be; I just want a record company-put together version of the song so that it can sound complete when I play it over and over.
I agree that the clip that was leaked is good. I think it's the best part of the song. I'm not really sure why you're talking about chords and the complexity of the song since I was just referring to the mixing.

And btw, Laurent is a guy