Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-02-2018, 08:34 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee Albums Deep Cuts

Have you found yourself bypassing certain Alizee songs, maybe for years, because they didn't start off appealing in any way, were not sung in any performance, or maybe because it was the last song on the album, but later listened to it and found it to be really good? Two songs come to mind where that has happened to me, off Alizee's first two albums.

First is off of Gourmandises, the song "À quoi rêve une jeune fille", which is the last song of the album. It has a classical sound to it and beautifully sung. It is a real tribute to LB's songwriting abilities. For the current lolita, Julia, I see her singing more songs like this one.

The other one is on MCE named "Cœur déjà pris", another slow song but has a very pretty chorus which Alizee nailed.

Anybody else enjoy her deep cuts on her albums, almost more than the promoted songs?
Old 12-03-2018, 01:38 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

"14 Décembre" on Une Enfant du Siècle.When I first listened a few seconds to this song I was not sure if i like it or not.
For example for a not so well know song is "Par les paupières" I knew immediately it is a song I would like.

but the song suprised me, it got better and better, especially this part is great
http://youtu.be/w4MJSFjNYi8?t=1275

Last edited by kulli; 12-03-2018 at 01:45 PM..
Old 12-03-2018, 03:53 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Have you found yourself bypassing certain Alizee songs, maybe for years, because they didn't start off appealing in any way, were not sung in any performance, or maybe because it was the last song on the album, but later listened to it and found it to be really good? Two songs come to mind where that has happened to me, off Alizee's first two albums.

First is off of Gourmandises, the song "À quoi rêve une jeune fille", which is the last song of the album. It has a classical sound to it and beautifully sung. It is a real tribute to LB's songwriting abilities. For the current lolita, Julia, I see her singing more songs like this one.

The other one is on MCE named "Cœur déjà pris", another slow song but has a very pretty chorus which Alizee nailed.

Anybody else enjoy her deep cuts on her albums, almost more than the promoted songs?
I definitely love Coeur deja pris. As far as En Concert, I wonder if they had to choose between CDP and Lou ou Toi, as far as that type of song to be sung. For me, it would have been a tough choice, but I think I would have chosen Coeur deja pris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
"14 Décembre" on Une Enfant du Siècle.When I first listened a few seconds to this song I was not sure if i like it or not.
For example for a not so well know song is "Par les paupières" I knew immediately it is a song I would like.

but the song suprised me, it got better and better, especially this part is great
http://youtu.be/w4MJSFjNYi8?t=1275
Par les paupières I think was the best song of the album. I think it's unfortunate they realized that too late.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:18 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road

For me la candida, l'email a des ailes, à quoi rêve une jeune fille, boxing club, many songs of blonde (haha), lily town, idéaliser
Old 12-04-2018, 06:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Di Meo View Post
boxing club
I love Boxing Club. Very upbeat and never fails to lift my mood
Old 12-04-2018, 03:04 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Rather than being songs I discovered later, I find these to be some of the less appreciated songs. Of these, I would say VVV is my favorite, L'Effet a close 2nd.

Veni Vedi Vici

Tempête

L'Effet

Mes Fantômes

Si Tu Es Un Homme

Mon Planeur
Old 12-06-2018, 12:11 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Glad to see another Mes Fantômes fan.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:17 AM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I love Boxing Club. Very upbeat and never fails to lift my mood
For me that one would be l'email a des ailes, I think the song is very underrated but it has a style very specific to the year it was released and I love that
Old 12-06-2018, 08:32 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Thanks for suggesting coeur deja pris; I've been listening to it alot.

It sounds like a "love theme" from a movie (or something like that!)
Old 12-06-2018, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Glad to see another Mes Fantômes fan.
It's a beautiful song, but Une Enfant Du Siècle is the only album I do not have and is very hard to find now.

I know of one other member besides myself looking how to purchase it. I prefer to purchase it from somewhere so Alizee gets something, but if that is not possible, I will buy it second-hand.

If anybody has any ideas, please post.