AAM app would be AWESOME
Old 07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Sooo...do we have an app for that?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

yes we NEED to do this! anyone know anyone that know how to write these things! it would be the coolest thing ever!
Old 07-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

You can actually now get some freeware to build apps for submitting to the App Store. But it's a major project, we would have to find an encoder. Or hire someone to do it!!!!

http://moneywatch.bnet.com/saving-mo...sy-steps/2435/

Quote:
Hire a developer: If you’re a computer programmer, or just somebody who doesn’t mind tinkering with tech until you get it right, you can probably build your own application, following Apple’s detailed developer guidelines. But you don’t have to be technosavvy, if you’re willing to hire someone who is.

How do you find a good and reasonably priced app developer? Ask your Facebook friends if they know someone they’d recommend. Cahill suggests you look for independent developers because they’re cheaper, but there are big companies in the business, too. You also can Google conferences on app development and how-to app development books. The speakers and authors are likely developers for hire, he adds.

Once you find a few potential developers, interview them to find out how they work, what they charge, whether they can provide references, and go. For a point of reference, Cahill says he typically charges between $5,000 and $10,000 to program an app for a client, but has charged as little as $2,000 and considerably more than $10,000 too. (Hodges got her app developed for $3,000.) The price will vary based on complexity and how much work you’ve already done. If you’ve got the layout and graphics and have a simple design, your fee is likely to fall on the low end. But, if you application needs to be coordinated with a yet-to-be-completed web site, you could be taking about some real money.

Big Monay....

Last edited by User22; 07-13-2010 at 02:05 PM..
Old 07-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Lili Loyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
You can actually now get some freeware to build apps for submitting to the App Store. But it's a major project, we would have to find an encoder. Or hire someone to do it!!!!

http://moneywatch.bnet.com/saving-mo...sy-steps/2435/

Big Monay....
one member here must have some experience in this field of work.... u never kno what might happen. keep fingers crossed that someone is able to do this for us.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:36 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Or, you know, you could just get on line and come here. What would the app do differently than the site? Trust me, if this site can run on a Samsung Gravity 2, it can run on an iphone/ipod. Aren't app's for doing things offline? What would the app do? Dl all the threads and topics? As well as the gallery and video sections? Because that would take a lot of space. A LOT. What is this app actually expected to do? We need to fgure that out before trying to find someone to make it. I can't see it actually being any more useful than a bookmark on the web browser for this site.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Lili Loyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Or, you know, you could just get on line and come here. What would the app do differently than the site? Trust me, if this site can run on a Samsung Gravity 2, it can run on an iphone/ipod. Aren't app's for doing things offline? What would the app do? Dl all the threads and topics? As well as the gallery and video sections? Because that would take a lot of space. A LOT. What is this app actually expected to do? We need to fgure that out before trying to find someone to make it. I can't see it actually being any more useful than a bookmark on the web browser for this site.
make it a place that is more user friendly way to be on the site.... actually be able to play the vids and actually have the threads fit the screen without having to zoom in...basically it would make it better and easier to use.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:55 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

This really sounds like a fantastic idea. My friend has always wanted to make iPhone apps. I see we are not over the expenses so I'll add my two cents (money humor):

It isn't that expensive to make an app. IF it doesn't do too much. Ya know but if you want to make an app for a site I believe it could get anywhere from 100-1000.

Take the Google App for example. It's free because Google can afford it. But a site like this when money is an issue it would have to be a costly app. Someone earlier said it could go to the site's expenses. Good idea.

Another thing is could we have a sort of rally for donations? We could buy the software for whomever accepts the challenge of creating the app. (I think we had a volenteer earlier in the thread.)

Give it to him or her and they can make an app.

I also think that you could only charge .99 cents for it. In order to get maximum sales keep it cheap. (MAX: 1.99)

Another thing. How many do you plan to sell and how to we get Apple on the boat?

TO BEN: Can you make this a mobile site? Save money and we don't NEED an app although I am totally for it.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:19 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

No, I am on mobile everytime I am on ths site! And it works 100% well! Do not, for the love of Alizée, make it optimized for mobile! And that is coming from me, the guy known for using this site almost exclusivey via mobile! It could screw it up terribly! I have never had a problem with zooming or anything! Though I have to scroll around a bit to see some stuff, it's not at all a problem! Don't fix it if it's not broke! And trust me, it isn't! I have tried going to forums optimized for mobile, like TDG and KatyPerryForum, and they SUCK! This site is perfect. Defintely easier than any mobile optimized site. It looks exactly how it on pc, except I have images/avatars/signatures turned off. You can do that if you care to. Ít's exactly the same on mobile as pc, no problems at all. Creating a mobile version would just cause problems. The only problem I have had is being limited on characters for typing things like responses. But that happens everywhere, including mobile-opped sites. It's the phone's small memory

Edit:

If you optmize for mobile, it limits you to ONLY being able to read and respond to threads and pm's. That's how tdg and Katy Perry's work. You can't view profiles, search, chat, see galleries, anything. Optimizng this site for mobile would be a terrible mistake. It would cost money, it would ruin this perfect site. Please don't try to optimize it. If anything, you can view a low-fi version of the site by clicking the 'Archive' link at the bottom of every page. That's pretty much a mobile version. Try it, and tell me if it actually is better. Because trust me, it won't be. I just hope that when the layout of the forum is changed, ben doesn't make it have a bunch of graphics. That would make it suck on mobile. Seriously. Just let it be.

Last edited by VVVACCPLPNLY; 07-13-2010 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Aren't app's for doing things offline?
Some are, yeah... but I can think of just one or two that are online

- Twitter
- Facebook
- Myspace
- FML
- IM+