Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 12-07-2010, 09:45 AM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Nice Scruffy. Hopefully it's going better for you than Texas.

Scruffy "The Janitor":

Old 12-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the encouragment Scruff I definitely have the motivation to goand make a fanmade video now
Old 12-07-2010, 04:25 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

I hope we can get back to this eventually...
Old 01-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Merci Alizée

If I'm not wrong then some of the young members of the forum must have done different types of school projects. In one such project, I noticed that main aim was to sell a certain number of cookies to other people.

I was wondering if you guys can do something like for Alizée. The task would be distribute sample CDs or DVDs in your area. So, far something like this was done by some of the older members like Scruffy and MYGOGT. But unfortunately they didn't get much success with it for various reasons like people thought there is some catch with it, etc. To be honest, I don't have much faith in standalone efforts or as FandeAlizée described it "quixotic" efforts. If you don't have much support then there is no choice and you have to do it alone. But when you have such a forum and enthusiastic young members then that energy should be used in some way. I'm not good at thinking ideas. This is one which I thought and I'm not sure how practical it is.

The idea is to invite members of the forum and they would do something similar to their school projects : "distribution of sample disc" in their area. For that first of all we need to create a sample disc with whatever content you guys think would be appropriate. Then take the task of distributing like 100 discs in a week or whatever number you want. The believe that young people might get a better response from others.

The content of the disc could be good quality videos with English subtitles. To make it more general and useful to the receivers, a basic French tutorial can be included so that at least they find it good for learning the language. While distributing you can say that our project is to promote the French language and this singer. You can explain them that they could use it for learning the language etc.

Younger members might find it a bit expensive idea. Here is one probable solution for that. Older members who are ready to spend money, but don't find it quite effective, they can give an Alizée item to whoever completes a particular task. In this way, both sides can contribute.

One more thing, you can prepare videos of campaign. All videos will be posted here. In the end those videos can be compiled into one video and we can have a series of Alizée America promotional videos.

All those who become a part of it would get recognition by the forum. I will create a separate user group "Promotion team" and that would be official staff of the forum.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 01-15-2011 at 07:42 AM..
Old 01-15-2011, 11:03 AM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
If I'm not wrong then some of the young members of the forum must have done different types of school projects. In one such project, I noticed that main aim was to sell a certain number of cookies to other people.

I was wondering if you guys can do something like for Alizée. The task would be distribute sample CDs or DVDs in your area. So, far something like this was done by some of the older members like Scruffy and MYGOGT. But unfortunately they didn't get much success with it for various reasons like people thought there is some catch with it, etc. To be honest, I don't have much faith in standalone efforts or as FandeAlizée described it "quixotic" efforts. If you don't have much support then there is no choice and you have to do it alone. But when you have such a forum and enthusiastic young members then that energy should be used in some way. I'm not good at thinking ideas. This is one which I thought and I'm not sure how practical it is.

The idea is to invite members of the forum and they would do something similar to their school projects : "distribution of sample disc" in their area. For that first of all we need to create a sample disc with whatever content you guys think would be appropriate. Then take the task of distributing like 100 discs in a week or whatever number you want. The believe that young people might get a better response from others.

The content of the disc could be good quality videos with English subtitles. To make it more general and useful to the receivers, a basic French tutorial can be included so that at least they find it good for learning the language. While distributing you can say that our project is to promote the French language and this singer. You can explain them that they could use it for learning the language etc.

Younger members might find it a bit expensive idea. Here is one probable solution for that. Older members who are ready to spend money, but don't find it quite effective, they can give an Alizée item to whoever completes a particular task. In this way, both sides can contribute.

One more thing, you can prepare videos of campaign. All videos will be posted here. In the end those videos can be compiled into one video and we can have a series of Alizée America promotional videos.

All those who become a part of it would get recognition by the forum. I will create a separate user group "Promotion team" and that would be official staff of the forum.
I rather like this idea MA. Maybe get Scruffy to make the compilation master disc and I/we could get it duplicated/replicated to 1000 copies for distribution.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
I rather like this idea MA. Maybe get Scruffy to make the compilation master disc and I/we could get it duplicated/replicated to 1000 copies for distribution.
First thing I would like to know the response and willingness of the other members. The main idea is to break the task into smaller ones and then implement it rather than just one person trying everything.

It would be better to do it on the smaller level at the start. If it works then we can expand it slowly, I mean we can start it even if we get say 5 volunteers. Our aim would be smaller in the beginning. Maybe 20 discs a week. Let's see what happens. Analyze it after one or two weeks, think more about it and then decide accordingly.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:08 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
First thing I would like to know the response and willingness of the other members. The main idea is to break the task into smaller ones and then implement it rather than just one person trying everything.

It would be better to do it on the smaller level at the start. If it works then we can expand it slowly, I mean we can start it even if we get say 5 volunteers. Our aim would be smaller in the beginning. Maybe 20 discs a week. Let's see what happens. Analyze it after one or two weeks, think more about it and then decide accordingly.
If there is enough interest in this project then it is more cost effective to get a larger number of video discs. 500 video discs are $1.09 each, 1000 discs are $0.59. Huge savings. The large number allows for free full color printing on the disc and possible 100 free 11x17 posters to go with it.Then say ship 20-50 discs to different members to start promoting with. We can cover a large area. Just my thoughts.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Chateau Marmont does US concerts next month

Sometime Alizée collaborator at Institubes, Chateau Marmont, will tour the US next month (March 2011). Well, actually they will just widely circle the Great Lakes before heading down to Austin to do three shows at SXSW, an annual music, film, and interactive conference and festival there.

Maybe you could attend and show up with a big sign reading <big><big><big><big>
Next time bring
A L I Z É E

</big></big></big></big>
and hand out Alizée CD/DVD samplers with a master copy provided by Scruffydog.

Who knows? Perhaps you can get CM to play an Alizée title. And if some security guards beat you up, be sure to catch the video footage for the local TV evening news! I can see it now -

Coming up after the commercial break
Alizée fanatics carry out 'martyrdom operation' at local music gig.

Ummm - I'm just kidding! LOL.

Get all the details about the US tour next month here.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

It's interesting. Alizée said the reason she didn't tour last summer is that she was waiting for the guys who worked on her album to be available. If I remember right, there was a mention of early 2011. As CM's schedule shows, they continue to do their own thing, without Alizée. Unless they are planning something with Alizée this summer, but I doubt it at this point. Maybe this supports the rumor that she has split with Institubes.

What's disappointing for Americans is that Rob was in the US with Phoenix, and now CM will be in the US. Yelle is coming again, but Alizée sits at home. It truly is a shame.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
What's disappointing for Americans is that Rob was in the US with Phoenix, and now CM will be in the US. Yelle is coming again, but Alizée sits at home. It truly is a shame.
Well not to add fuel to the fire, wait till Monday, you will see another French artist enter the US market.

Tags
aam project, alizee, america, canada, promotion, tour