Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-29-2019, 01:17 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So I think Alcaline and K O were two top-notch songs who's beginnings, may have caused them to not achieve the popularity they should have. Good videos for these songs would have gone very well with the music, but they chose to only make a video for Blonde and for a lack of a good video and for lack of good beginnings, the album was lost.
I watch a documentary on how modern music is churned out to accommodate the short attention spans of listeners by putting a "hook" within the first 5-10 seconds of a song to keep them listening. K.O. and Alcaline take too long to get going (15+ seconds), and the intros are quite mundane. L'amour renfort, what I think is another good song on the album, only has 8 seconds of intro.

How well would the song "Bohemian Rhapsody" do today? It's a long song, and you have 3 or 4 minutes of intro before they light up their guitars.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:12 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I really enjoy K O, but in the beginning, I didn't like the sound of the way the French K is pronounced. Is that really how they pronounce it? It sounded foreign to me and what I mean by that is it didn't sound French to me. I think the song would have sounded better with the English pronunciation of K. Eventually, I got used to it and I've come to enjoy it along with the rest of the song, sans the beginning.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I like the "circus calliope" at the beginning.

Someone should take the aforementioned Gourmandies video and replace the audio with the En Concert version. (But the audio/video would need to be synced etc.)
That would be a little on the tough side because the audio in that performance was about 7 seconds shorter than the En Concert version.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-29-2019 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-03-2019, 08:03 AM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
L'amour renfort, what I think is another good song on the album, only has 8 seconds of intro.
The chorus makes the song for me.

The same goes for Seulement pour te plaire.
https://youtu.be/ikMlCe9LcXE?t=711 Voted it in my top 3 beside K.-O. and Alcaline. Number 4 would be Mon planeur.

Last edited by kulli; 08-03-2019 at 08:47 AM..
Old 08-05-2019, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
The chorus makes the song for me.

The same goes for Seulement pour te plaire.
Seulement pour te plaire is one of the deep cuts that I like very much. I listen to the four songs from K.O. to L'amour renfort quite often. Mon planeur is very good as well.

With half the songs on Blonde being good to very good, why is the album rated so consistently low among her fans? I have bought many albums from artists for one song, and the rest of the songs on the album were disappointing. Blonde proves to be very consistent and yet was a dismal failure. I still have to blame it on the title track and the gimmick. I think if Alizee was just herself and put Alcaline as the opening track and the four or five "filler" songs were a little better quality, she might have had a hit album.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:42 PM
Administrator

There are certain parts of many of Alizee's songs that really stand out and make the song. Here are two in particular that remind me of the beautiful voice that Alizee has. The links go right to that point.

Alizée - L'amour Renfort
https://youtu.be/JO_HymaB9qs?t=159

Alizée - Grand Central
https://youtu.be/al4ZTbvT1vU?t=118
Old 08-14-2019, 01:29 AM

A few days ago, I decided to edit out what I thought were poor beginnings to Alcaline and K.O. and then I put them on a cd with songs from artists and added them to the cd collection in my car which has a 6 cd capacity. I put it together kind of hastily, but still I enjoyed the results, but I think the true results of what I did came yesterday.

I went down to my brothers house on Cape Cod which is about an hour and a half drive. I was listening to different cds, the news at the top of the hour and part of an audio book I had on cd. On the way back, there was a bad accident that had traffic all backed up. I was thinking about whether there might be a way to get off the highway and take a parallel road. To be sure, my mind was on my driving and not what was being played on the cd player. A song came on and I didn't recognize it at first and I was thinking I really enjoy this song. It turns out it was the version of Alcaline where I had cut out the beginning I didn't like.

The next song that came on was the shortened version of K.O. Now with this shortened version, from just about the first note, you realize it's K.O. and about 5 seconds into it, I found myself singing along with the song and that is the true test for me whether I enjoy the song or not. The same was very much true of Alcaline, though it took me longer to recognize it.

So I'm posting a link to the shortened version in case anyone else is interested. I had also made video versions of these songs, using videos from En Concert, which too, I will post links too.

Alcaline video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xvd...ew?usp=sharing

K. O. video ; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UKd...ew?usp=sharing

Alcaline audio: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12jH...ew?usp=sharing

K.O. audeo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_4t...ew?usp=sharing

Edit:

I just spent an hour watching these 2 videos over and over again. That hasn't happened since the Gour/MCE days. K.O. was my favorite, with great scenes from En Concert as well as music that interreacted well with the musicians.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-14-2019 at 01:29 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-14-2019, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So I'm posting a link to the shortened version in case anyone else is interested. I had also made video versions of these songs, using videos from En Concert, which too, I will post links too.

I just spent an hour watching these 2 videos over and over again. That hasn't happened since the Gour/MCE days. K.O. was my favorite, with great scenes from En Concert as well as music that interreacted well with the musicians.
Great job, Scruffy. Alizee looks like she is singing these songs.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Great job, Scruffy. Alizee looks like she is singing these songs.
Thanks! I tried the same thing with Coeur deja pris, but it didn't turn out well, mainly because there was less material to work with for a slower song. But with this, now I really enjoy the entire audio and video of those 2 songs
Old 10-09-2020, 09:33 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Here's another thread that lost a lot of content with the reset. Anyway, here's my rankings...

1. MCE
2. UEDS
3. Gourmandises
4. 5
5. Psychedelices
6. Blonde
Old 03-19-2021, 07:14 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Wink

I could put almost everyone at number one, but this might better reflect my opinion:

1 - MCE & Gourmandises
2 - Psychedelics & UEDS
3 - Blonde & 5

Alizée 💜