Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-03-2021, 02:05 PM

Elise is on a distinguished road

When I am curious about a new singer I look them up to read about the person, it is occasionally interesting to know a bit about their background but it is not very often that I feel motivated enough to do that. The investigation I’ve done for Alizée is on a whole other level. What made you decide to find out as much about her as you could?
Old 06-04-2021, 09:03 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post
When I am curious about a new singer I look them up to read about the person, it is occasionally interesting to know a bit about their background but it is not very often that I feel motivated enough to do that. The investigation I’ve done for Alizée is on a whole other level. What made you decide to find out as much about her as you could?
One reason is that I could not "move on" and just forget about her. There are beautiful women everywhere, including those I might run across in my daily life. I might notice them but out of sight, out of mind a minute later. But there is something that Alizee has that is unique to her and her alone and found I could not just forget about her. She's beautiful, sexy and charming, but we all know that. Her eyes are hypnotic and her smile is contagious. But we all know that too.

I had some hunches about what kind of person she was like based upon her interviews she had done and other general observations. I had to find out it my hunches were true or not. One hunch was that Alizee had a great sense of humor. Another was that behind her superficial beauty, she was a bit of a nerd. Not a nerd in a bad way, but being very intelligent. Yet another was that behind all the glamour of being a celebrity, she was well grounded and had a strong value system, such as the importance of close family bonds.

These hunches turned out to be true, plus a lot more pleasant surprises. There just isn't much not to like about her.

So far, what have you found to be the most interesting thing about Alizee outside of her career?
Old 06-04-2021, 03:56 PM

Elise is on a distinguished road

As soon as I saw her face in the Moi Lolita video I was hooked. And from all my research since then I have not been disappointed. She’s a really nice, genuine person!

Ooh good question, I had to think about it. I liked reading about the designing competition Alizée won when she was still very young (I think 11). And I liked watching her steal a hat, and serve Japanese ‘treats’ to the Fun TV interview host. Actually she was so cute it’s difficult to concentrate on anything that’s happening in videos like that. I watched her say ‘I am Corsican’ as the justification for her answer, she brings it up quite a bit and I wonder how exactly she thinks it makes her different from being mainland French.

Everything I read about Alizée seems so special, even trivia-type facts feel so important for me to know all about her. I guess we all know she stands out to us and don’t know why. Must be magic.
Old 08-16-2021, 07:40 AM

Panzerknacker is on a distinguished road

It was one of the best discoveries of my life if not the best because it happened just when I needed it the most.

It was it the morning on 13th February 2021.

It was during the lockdown.

I was depressed, very depressed and had suicidal thoughts running in my head. At that time I already had depression for 4 months but this time it was in its worst stage which I ever had and it was making Me insane.

I went to my bed, grabbed my cellphone and did the most random thing ever. I went to Discord then I went on a server which was owned by my friend from secondary school and started scrolling up music room for commands which members give for the music bot to play music when they are in the voice-chat. Suddenly I saw command to play the legendary Alizée 2003 J'en Ai Marre performance from Tubes D'un Jour with its thumbnail and I was like: "Huh, that is some French pop, but whatever." So I watched it anyway but as weird as it is for the first time I was more hooked by the funny comment section and scrolled down it while the video was playing. Then I re-watched the perfomance and my heart started to melt by her beauty and skills. I watched it a few more times and I started to like it more and more. Next two days I watched more of her perfomances but all of them were J'en Ai Marre, I still did not look into her other songs. I started to feel a little bit better but my depression was still going on. While I was watching the interview which followed after the J'en Ai Marre performance in Pour Laurette I saw Moi Lolita for the first time and finally decided to listen to it. And then I saw L'Alizé which impresssed me the most and to this day is my most favourite Alizée song and also my most favourite song of all time. I started to research more and more about Alizée, discover more of her songs, watching interviews, etc... It really boosted my morale and will to do something. Before I saw J'ai pas vingt ans I saw the English version I'm not twenty ! and as much as inferior it is to the original French version, she sings "Get over your pain" in it which also boosted my will do do something.

I decided to force myself to recover from my depression.

I went to closest opened chuch for confession and communion after a long time. Two days later I visited some of my relatives and went on a walking trip with them. It was great. By the end of the week my depression was gone and I returned to my interests. I started to live normaly again.

Thank you Alizée, you truly saved my life!

When I feel bad or stressed I start to listen to Alizée because she and her songs are the best morale boost for Me.
Old 08-16-2021, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerknacker View Post
It was one of the best discoveries of my life if not the best because it happened just when I needed it the most.

It was it the morning on 13th February 2021.

It was during the lockdown.

I was depressed, very depressed and had suicidal thoughts running in my head. At that time I already had depression for 4 months but this time it was in its worst stage which I ever had and it was making Me insane.

I went to my bed, grabbed my cellphone and did the most random thing ever. I went to Discord then I went on a server which was owned by my friend from secondary school and started scrolling up music room for commands which members give for the music bot to play music when they are in the voice-chat. Suddenly I saw command to play the legendary Alizée 2003 J'en Ai Marre performance from Tubes D'un Jour with its thumbnail and I was like: "Huh, that is some French pop, but whatever." So I watched it anyway but as weird as it is for the first time I was more hooked by the funny comment section and scrolled down it while the video was playing. Then I re-watched the perfomance and my heart started to melt by her beauty and skills. I watched it a few more times and I started to like it more and more. Next two days I watched more of her perfomances but all of them were J'en Ai Marre, I still did not look into her other songs. I started to feel a little bit better but my depression was still going on. While I was watching the interview which followed after the J'en Ai Marre performance in Pour Laurette I saw Moi Lolita for the first time and finally decided to listen to it. And then I saw L'Alizé which impresssed me the most and to this day is my most favourite Alizée song and also my most favourite song of all time. I started to research more and more about Alizée, discover more of her songs, watching interviews, etc... It really boosted my morale and will to do something. Before I saw J'ai pas vingt ans I saw the English version I'm not twenty ! and as much as inferior it is to the original French version, she sings "Get over your pain" in it which also boosted my will do do something.

I decided to force myself to recover from my depression.

I went to closest opened chuch for confession and communion after a long time. Two days later I visited some of my relatives and went on a walking trip with them. It was great. By the end of the week my depression was gone and I returned to my interests. I started to live normaly again.

Thank you Alizée, you truly saved my life!

When I feel bad or stressed I start to listen to Alizée because she and her songs are the best morale boost for Me.
PanzerKnacker, all I can say is WOW!

Alizee is certainly medicine for the soul and I think many have looked to her for bringing a smile to our face when we are feeling our worst. As a fan for 15 years now, I cannot count the number of times she lifted my mood.

Do not hesitate to ask any of us for media of Alizee that is not readily available on YouTube. Collectively, we have a huge collection and pictures, interviews and videos that we are eager to share with new fans.
Old 08-16-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
PanzerKnacker, all I can say is WOW!

Alizee is certainly medicine for the soul and I think many have looked to her for bringing a smile to our face when we are feeling our worst. As a fan for 15 years now, I cannot count the number of times she lifted my mood.

Do not hesitate to ask any of us for media of Alizee that is not readily available on YouTube. Collectively, we have a huge collection and pictures, interviews and videos that we are eager to share with new fans.
Thank you.

I will write my requests in the "Miscellaneous Image queries, requests and sharing" thread.
Old 08-17-2021, 04:04 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road

It's a touching discovery story Panzer!

And therefore very good when you found her!

---
Regardless of the situation:
I’ve noticed exactly the same thing, as probably many others, watching and listening to Alizée makes you so happy!

Alizée 💜
Old 08-17-2021, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerknacker View Post
Thank you.

I will write my requests in the "Miscellaneous Image queries, requests and sharing" thread.
Hey Panzer, I noticed your location is Silesia. Can you tell us all a little about it?
Old 08-17-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Hey Panzer, I noticed your location is Silesia. Can you tell us all a little about it?
Silesia is a historical Region in Central Europe which is located mostly in Poland, with small parts in Czech Republic and Germany.

I am from the Czech part. And I am not a Silesian separatist, I just wrote it into my information as my location which it really is.
Old 08-18-2021, 06:01 PM

Noppo555 is on a distinguished road

A couple of weeks ago going through the Internet, I found a photo from the Philippe Bouley's photoshoot taken in 2003 and fell in love .