Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-22-2010, 04:37 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee.........EUROVISION 2011

I posted this with my first ever post under a different thread. But, I did not get any reply or reaction (not to this particular subject) so, I decided to post this under it's own thread. Plus, I don't want to hijack the other member's thread. So, here you go......

I think Alizee could revive her career by representing France in next year's Eurovision. I know she said before that she has no plan in participating. But, maybe we could convince her to change her mind. I think it's a win-win situation for her. Eurovision is being watched every year by over ONE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD! ABBA launched their career though that show. Can you imagine what it can do to her career? I'm sure she could have won years ago with any of her hits - hands down! But I believe she can still win it. Definitely she still has the talent. All she need is one good song. Even if she loses, just the fact that she'll get the worldwide audience she so well deserves, is a big enough win for me.

France has not won the award since 1977. I'm sure they want to win another one. France needs something to celebrate. Their neighbor to the east, Germany won this year; their neighbor to the west, Spain won the World Cup and down south, Italy won its first ever Grand Slam (French Open). Not to mention, France just got trounced pretty bad at the World Cup.

France, as part of the big four, is guaranteed a final slot. Which means, Alizee does not have to compete in the round robin or semi-final. Alizee is still popular in France. Maybe, Alizee and Mylene can work together again even for one song - for the sake of France. We have to admit, Mylene has a great talent. She knows how to bring the best of Alizee. Plus, her music is the type of music that could win in Eurovision. This year's winner, "Satellite" by Lena could easily be Mylene's work. And speaking of Lena, there is a talk that she will defend her title next year in Germany. Can you imagine the publicity it would generate? Lena vs Alizee? I'm very excited already!!!

Again. I truly believe it's a win-win situation for Alizee. It's like getting a free commercial time slot during the Superbowl to sell your product. If she could win over even ten percent of that audience, that would definitely revive her career.

Last edited by Jake04; 07-22-2010 at 04:42 PM..
Old 07-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

I had previously mentioned ideas about Alizée having television exposure. I think this sounds like a great idea if it would be something she would like to do.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:02 PM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road

Its a great idea, but I don't believe we could do anything to convince her. She hasn't done to much to even acknowledge she has fans in the US. But I hope she does consider it. It would definetly be a boost to her career If she won. I don't think her new style would do it though. That would be cool to see her and mylene collaborate on a song. Those were great days.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:17 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj.bagby View Post
Its a great idea, but I don't believe we could do anything to convince her. She hasn't done to much to even acknowledge she has fans in the US. But I hope she does consider it. It would definetly be a boost to her career If she won. I don't think her new style would do it though. That would be cool to see her and mylene collaborate on a song. Those were great days.
You're right. They could use that as an excuse to reconcile. Like I said, just the publicity alone from her being possibly matched up against Germany's Lena would be huge. I'm not sure if you know her, but she has Alizee's appeal (although not the talent). A comparison will surely be made between the two. Maybe if we start posting it on her sites (FB, Myspace, etc), who knows? Also, it won't hurt to let our friends in France know as well.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:35 AM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road
Default Lena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
You're right. They could use that as an excuse to reconcile. Like I said, just the publicity alone from her being possibly matched up against Germany's Lena would be huge. I'm not sure if you know her, but she has Alizee's appeal (although not the talent). A comparison will surely be made between the two. Maybe if we start posting it on her sites (FB, Myspace, etc), who knows? Also, it won't hurt to let our friends in France know as well.
Your right about Lena. I was just checking out her video. Great stage presence, not quite as good as Alizee, but she is good.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:13 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj.bagby View Post
Your right about Lena. I was just checking out her video. Great stage presence, not quite as good as Alizee, but she is good.
And they (Germany) just made it official. Lena will defend her title next year. I really believe next year will be the perfect time for Alizee to reconsider joining Eurovision. Germany is just next door!

Last edited by Jake04; 07-25-2010 at 04:16 AM..
Old 07-25-2010, 07:06 AM

clique is on a distinguished road

Jake04: I don't think you realize how much of a laughing stock Eurovision is in some circles. I'd say over 80% of the songs in the competition is total garbage (some countries even send in joke entries). Do you really want her to be associated with acts like this:

I'll give you that it is one of the most watched shows in Europe. What you might not know is that a lot of people (especially young people, 20-30 something, which I believe is the target audience for Alizée) get together with their friends, drink alcohol and laugh at all the shitty music. It has become kind of the thing to do. I can't take any of the artists that willfully compete in Eurovision seriously anymore, and I hope she never enters. In fact, I'm sure that she will never enter 'cause I think she's very aware of the status that the Eurovision has these days.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:31 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Nice idea...but it's not going to happen.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:40 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

I've read in one of her recent interviews that she was complaining about lack of TV shows where she could sing and promote her new album. According to her, the TV nowadays seem to have more reality shows (which is cheaper to make and more popular, like here in the US) than variety ones, where she used to guest a lot. That's the reason why I think it would be a good idea for her to consider Eurovision.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

She considered Eurovision and didn't do it.
I hope she doesn't because Eurovision is a joke.
She would probably be forced to do one of her older songs to represent France(Moi...Lolita).
The only benefit she would get from it is people remembering her older albums and not considering listening to her newer stuff.