Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-03-2008, 08:53 PM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

For the fan it may well not be a big thing.
For the owner, Requiem Publishing, it may well be. Copy rights & owner's rights can be a tricky sitch. (and expensive)

Old 12-05-2008, 08:51 AM
I *am* okey dokey

YesterdaysAirRace is on a distinguished road

So I woke up this morning, and there on the front page of Yahoo! was a story about Joe Satriani suing Coldplay for plagiarizing <i>Viva La Vida</i> from <i>If I Could Fly</i>.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle5292481.ece

So lessee, <i>J'en Ai Marre</i> pre-dates Satriani's by a few years, so clearly we need to be agitating for Laurent Boutonnat to be suing both of them; if not on principal, then on the premise that "there's no such thing as bad publicity"

(Of course I think that Creaky Boards song pre-dates all of them, so maybe this is their chance to sue everyone, get rich, and become famous. Litigation: it's the American way!)
Old 12-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Wow I can't believe that someone would go all the way to blame someone else for trying to write some good music using other good music. Yeah the music sounds like JEAM but the lyrics don't go with the song. Seriously it's not worth it. Let Coldplay go, I only like one of there songs but they are loved beyond France so it's a complement.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:50 PM
I *am* okey dokey

YesterdaysAirRace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
Wow I can't believe that someone would go all the way to blame someone else for trying to write some good music using other good music. Yeah the music sounds like JEAM but the lyrics don't go with the song. Seriously it's not worth it. Let Coldplay go, I only like one of there songs but they are loved beyond France so it's a complement.
Huh? It's about the $$$. George Harrison was famously sued by the publishing company that owned <i>He's So Fine</i> because they claimed he used it to write <i>My Sweet Lord</i>. That lawsuit went on for most of the rest of his life. Dolly Parton was sued by someone who owned the rights to an obscure song from the 1920's, claiming her hit <i>9 to 5</i> was cribbed from it. The Flaming Lips were strongarmed by Cat Stevens' people after their lead singer shot off his mouth and admitted the song <i>Flight Test</i> was "inspired" by <i>Father and Son</i> (they now share the royalties). The Bee Gees spent years fighting some no-name songwriter from Chicago who claimed they stole a song he wrote and reworked it into <i>How Deep Is Your Love</i>.

Except for <i>Flight Test</i>, these songs were monster hits. So is <i>Viva La Vida</i>. No one wastes their time suing a songwriter for ripping a song that didn't sell any better than the original. If Joe Satriani thinks he can now get some of the massive profits from that song for himself, he's damn well going to do it, even if he's secretly the biggest closet Coldplay fan in the world. It's just good business.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:57 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

After attending Coldplay's last concert in America (Phoenix) I have to confess that when they played the first few chords, it struck a nerve in me that had the hairs on the back of my neck rise! I wished it had been Lili playing JEAM. In fact, I imagined what it would have been like for thousands of people who packed the Jobing.com arena to be cheering for Lili while she work the stage. But, it was Coldplay, facial hair without hip gyrations, or fancing dance moves. I loved the show BTW.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 12-07-2008, 05:56 AM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
After attending Coldplay's last concert in America (Phoenix) I have to confess that when they played the first few chords, it struck a nerve in me that had the hairs on the back of my neck rise! I wished it had been Lili playing JEAM. In fact, I imagined what it would have been like for thousands of people who packed the Jobing.com arena to be cheering for Lili while she work the stage. But, it was Coldplay, facial hair without hip gyrations, or fancing dance moves. I loved the show BTW.
I know what you mean by it striking a nerve. I was at a bowling alley looking around try to pick a ball with the right finger placement and weight and all of a sudden I heard coldplays song start playing but I didn't think it was coldplay at first. It felt like someone poked my brain and said HEY LISTEN! (like navi for us nerds). My head went up and I was still so I could listen better, like a state of shock almost, they are playing Alizée? Are you kidding me! It is sort of hard to explain. Then a moment later I was like awww its just coldplay. It really puts it in to perspective of how Jessica must have felt when she heard Alizée's song start while she was in the store, only it was Alizée for real and in the flesh.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:04 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

http://unbrinalize.free.fr/site.php
BFM tv had a thing about ColdPlay and the plagerism and they talked about Alizée and put on a clip of JEAM. This thing with ColdPlay is just not ending. I hope they didn't actually do what they are accused of, in which case, leave them alone already.

Merci Fanny
Old 12-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
http://unbrinalize.free.fr/site.php
BFM tv had a thing about ColdPlay and the plagerism and they talked about Alizée and put on a clip of JEAM. This thing with ColdPlay is just not ending. I hope they didn't actually do what they are accused of, in which case, leave them alone already.
Y'know, it has occurred to me that we could get some mileage out of this as far as promoting Alizée in the States goes, if we really wanted to. Especially now that news of the Satriani suit is being picked up everywhere.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but it is an idea...
Old 12-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Y'know, it has occurred to me that we could get some mileage out of this as far as promoting Alizée in the States goes, if we really wanted to. Especially now that news of the Satriani suit is being picked up everywhere.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but it is an idea...
I like it.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
it struck a nerve in me that had the hairs on the back of my neck rise! I wished it had been Lili playing JEAM. In fact, I imagined what it would have been like for thousands of people who packed the Jobing.com arena to be cheering for Lili while she work the stage. But, it was Coldplay, facial hair without hip gyrations, or fancing dance moves. I loved the show BTW.
I would pay just to see lili do once more JEAM dance and actually sing it
heck i would even pay just to see her.