Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 08-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I don't know if metacafe might be a possibility. I joined it last week but had trouble uploading a video to it for some reason. I wonder if any one else here has used it. The good thing about it is you can upload a file up to 2 gb in size.
I'm not sure about the quality of the videos there. What about vimeo. Jess has posted many videos from Vimeo and those are in good quality also.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...&postcount=331

See that.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
This will certainly reduce the cost, but I see this as switching to something better.

I mentioned some of the advantages of using youtube videos here :

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...6&postcount=12

Except for the videos which are blocked on youtube, it's best to use youtube only. All we have to do is to find a way for the blocked video.

<hr>
<hr>

What we should do now is that to start updating the youtube channel. I don't know whether anyone contacted Ben for this or not. If anyone is interested in uploading and maintaining the channel, they can ask Ben for this.

While the youtube is being updated, we should try to find a way for the blocked videos. Does anyone think that using a different hosting service could help. Only few videos would be blocked on yotuube. So, the new video section can have most of the videos from youtube and some from a different hosting service.
Merci, do you want to help with uploading too? I can send you and Tomtentp the info.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Oh and erherm....Umm....On the AlizeeAmerica Facebook Page I am uploading all the En Concert performances with permission from Alex for the second time and seeing if they won't get taken down. Should we do the same for Youtube Ben?
No, we shouldn't upload the whole concert there or on Facebook. Maybe just a few songs.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Merci, do you want to help with uploading too? I can send you and Tomtentp the info.
If I could do that, you won't have to ask anyone else. But uploading videos on youtube is not possible for me with my crappy internet. I can help in any other way except uploading or downloading part. If you think that I can do something else with it, then I would be glad to do that.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:09 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I don't know if metacafe might be a possibility. I joined it last week but had trouble uploading a video to it for some reason. I wonder if any one else here has used it. The good thing about it is you can upload a file up to 2 gb in size.
So all of SAD 2 would fit on it.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:51 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
So all of SAD 2 would fit on it.
Not so when video length limit is only 8 minutes. Metacafe is good for videos of short duration.

I would still favor youtube and vimeo for the videos.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:03 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Not so when video length limit is only 8 minutes. Metacafe is good for videos of short duration.

I would still favor youtube and vimeo for the videos.
For some reason I really think we should lean towards vimeo for this one...

Just cause for some reason I can play Vimeo HQ videos on my netbook and they play great! But for some reason Youtube HQ/HD videos poop up my comp. Maybe I just need a new graphics card for my comp...
Old 08-31-2010, 11:26 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Hosting on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Thanks for the offer, Wasabi! I haven't made any decisions yet, but if you or anyone else would rather donate time than money, another option is to migrate all the content of the video section over to an AAm YouTube channel. How do people feel about that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I think someone suggested that months ago but for some reason it didn't get done. Youtube is free, Video Section is not. Youtube does HD & HQ, Video Section does too. AAm Youtube is the obvious choice
About a third of a year ago, I did indeed raise the issue here and offer a detailed rationale here. Note that since that time, the maximum length of single YouTube clips has been increased to fifteen minutes (And you can still catenate them via playlists). Google, the owner of YouTube, has also since then announced the embrace of a royalty-free video codec, which they call WebM. It has Ogg heritage and "All videos uploaded to YouTube with 720p resolution or better will be encoded with WebM."

For many details about WebM from CNet, see:
WebM and Google's Web-video plan (FAQ)
Old 09-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
About a third of a year ago, I did indeed raise the issue here and offer a detailed rationale here. Note that since that time, the maximum length of single YouTube clips has been increased to fifteen minutes (And you can still catenate them via playlists). Google, the owner of YouTube, has also since then announced the embrace of a royalty-free video codec, which they call WebM. It has Ogg heritage and "All videos uploaded to YouTube with 720p resolution or better will be encoded with WebM."

For many details about WebM from CNet, see:
WebM and Google's Web-video plan (FAQ)
Which adds one more point to the youtube score.
Lacking Flash, the iPhone can only handle webbased video playback through Apps and the YouTube App is already integrated by default.

I don't know about other smartphones in detail but I am pretty sure they all come with YouTube support, being the main video site out there. This conversion would actually widen the accessability due to the ever growing smart phone industry.

+1 YouTube!

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
Which adds one more point to the youtube score.
Lacking Flash, the iPhone can only handle webbased video playback through Apps and the YouTube App is already integrated by default.

I don't know about other smartphones in detail but I am pretty sure they all come with YouTube support, being the main video site out there. This conversion would actually widen the accessability due to the ever growing smart phone industry.
Yah cause Apple hasn't teamed up with Adobe to get Flash Player on iPhones and iTouchs. So sadly I can't watch videos from the AAm video section on my iTouch