Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
But if you have established yourself in Alizée's eyes as the former, I doubt the latter can never happen.
So be it. I remain uninterested in a cheap imitation.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 02-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Sorry Deep, I corrected my post. I said exactly the opposite of what I meant. Just to be clear, I believe if you establish a fan/celebrity relationship first, there's little or no hope of then having a real person to person encounter. And I would opt for the person to person encounter.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Sorry Deep, I corrected my post. I said exactly the opposite of what I meant. Just to be clear, I believe if you establish a fan/celebrity relationship first, there's little or no hope of then having a real person to person encounter. And I would opt for the person to person encounter.
I understood what you said. I said what I meant in response to what you meant, not to the literal words.

You would. I would not. If I cannot be her friend, I will remain her fan -- from a distance only. If I cannot meet her "for real," I don't want to meet her at all, ever. No autograph signings, no backstage pass at a concert, nothing. Ever.

Edit: LOL maybe I didn't understand what you meant. I actually think the only way to meet her for real is the same way to meet anyone else for real, namely having friends in common or interests in common, and such connections must themselves be real and not sought for the purpose of arranging the meeting. In the meantime, I try to keep my "fandom" confined to an appreciation of her art. And I do appreciate it -- the new music is great so far, especially Les Collines. I like these pictures, too. But I can appreciate all of that without any need for faux-friendship.

If I did meet her in person, it would feel like we should be friends, and so if there's no opportunity for that I would prefer not to. It would be too confusing.

Last edited by Deepwaters; 02-21-2010 at 12:47 PM..
Old 02-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And I would opt for the person to person encounter.
I wouldn't. I'm not so sure I'd get along with her in real life, and it could ruin the relationship we already have, which is that of fan and artist. I know it has for a few people. And Deep, I don't consider it a "cheap imitation" of anything.

So personally, I love seeing her in fan settings like a concerts, parties, or autograph sessions. But if she invited me to dinner, unless it was to discuss business, I think I'd have to decline. That would be crossing a boundary I'd rather not.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Ah, well, Ben, I can understand that. She's a person and like all persons would not appeal to everyone. However, knowing what I know about her, I am quite certain we would get along. (As friends. Not completely sure I could stand being married to her, and even less sure about vice-versa, but that's certainly not an issue at present. ) She's a very sweet lady, and we have a number of interests in common which I won't go into here.

So for me, it would be a cheap imitation. If she weren't a celebrity, if I had pursued my infatuation with Corsica and met her as a pretty young dance instructor in Ajaccio, I'm sure we would get along fine. And there's a level of my heart that feels that's the way it should be, and all this celebrity stuff is just a weird dream. It gets in the way.

And that's why I would prefer to be a from-a-distance fan. If someday we meet and have a chance to be friends -- and it's not as impossible as you might suppose -- then that will be fantastic. If not, I still have no desire to meet her in any other way. Her music, and an opportunity to see her in concert, are all I need as a fan.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Well Ben makes a good point also. I got to meet and become friends with a few poeple I have been a fan of. The interesting thing is that they didn't know I was a fan. They walked up to us and we just started talking, mainly about music at first. I have since spent time with them and been invited to their homes. And we keep in touch. Yes, I discovered things that I don't like about their personalities, but many more that I do like. There is a danger that such a thing could really turn sour and ruin something you really had enjoyed.

As for Alizée, I think I'm aware of a few things that I wouldn't like about her, but I could imagine being on friendly terms with her, just not likely. I'm pretty sure I couldn't live with her, not that that is an option.

And finally, I don't find any problem with simply being a fan, and I enjoy being a fan of Alizée. But if she comes to know you as a fan first, I doubt you will have much chance becoming a friend later. I think she would automatically consider you outside the realm of potential friends.

For me this is all hypothetical anyways, as I doubt I will meet her in either case. And that may be for the best in the long run.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

I think you guys are forgetting that if you were friends with her you'd need to get along with her inner circle, Jeremy especially. So your intentions would be pretty obvious, and like Deep said, an imitation.

And sure you guys would have many reasons to infiltrate her borders, but why would she need any more friends or want to be friends with anybody here for instance? It's a two way street for things like that.

Anything besides meeting her at an autograph signing or as a vip invited backstage at a performance (as a fan) should be the limit of anybody's hopes. We came across her as a fan, leave it at that.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
I think you guys are forgetting that if you were friends with her you'd need to get along with her inner circle, Jeremy especially. So your intentions would be pretty obvious, and like Deep said, an imitation.
Just to be clear, I have no romantic fantasies or intentions towards someone like Alizée who I don't really know. I can't speak for anyone else.

Quote:
And sure you guys would have many reasons to infiltrate her borders, but why would she need any more friends or want to be friends with anybody here for instance? It's a two way street for things like that.
Well I think that's the whole point. The whole question is so far from being likely to happen. I would probably have more in common with Jérémy and get along with him better than Alizée.

Quote:
Anything besides meeting her at an autograph signing or as a vip invited backstage at a performance (as a fan) should be the limit of anybody's hopes. We came across her as a fan, leave it at that.
I don't plan on making any effort at this time to meet her regardless of the situation.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:42 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Just to be clear, I have no romantic fantasies or intentions towards someone like Alizée who I don't really know. I can't speak for anyone else.

I feel the same way. Even if I was 30 years younger, even if we spoke the same language, even if I looked like Brad Pitt, even if we lived or worked together, that doesn't mean we'd get along. There's so much that's involved in a relationship the odds of us getting along would probably be pretty slim so I don't even think along those lines.

On my trip to Italy back in December, I went to Pistoia and Taormina, 2 places Alizée performed. Partly because she performed there but also because they are beutiful towns.

A co-worker who's a fan asked me if I'd like to go to her home town on Corsica some day with him and though it would be fairly easy for me to go there, I have no interest in going there even though the odds of seeing her might be fairly good. Because my dream is to see her perform like the way she did during En Concert or when she sang J'en ai marre in Pistoia. I would have payed just about any price to have been at one of those concerts at the Olympia. I've tried twice to go to one of her concerts in Paris and they were cancelled, so if I can't get to see her perform, I at least want to see her up close and in person and going to an autograph session seems to be the best way. I'm glad I went back in 2007 and I'm looking forward to going to this one if there is one.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:11 PM

kristofer is on a distinguished road

Wow this is such an in-depth conversation about fan/friend/artist relationships.

I'm sad to say that there are very few truly genuine people in the music industry, regardless of how they appear in interviews, on camera, while walking down the street, etc. I know it's been said, but I wouldn't want to meet the majority of my favorite artists simply because I don't want the image of them shattered. My mother used to work in the music industry in the 70s, and occasionally has gigs to this day, and I remember one story that always stuck with me was that she had the opportunity to personally meet the Beatles, one-on-one, and she declined because she was afraid that the way she viewed their music would be affected after she met them. I have to agree with that sentiment.

Then again, I'm not sure that just because I believe my image could be distorted that I wouldn't jump at the opportunity anyway. Guess I can talk the talk but not walk the walk hahah.

Although I do know I'd prefer to be a friend than a fan. It would be phenomenal to have that sort of backstage insight during the idea/recording process.

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont