Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-27-2010, 10:00 PM

kristofer is on a distinguished road

La Candida no suena española.............
La Candida doesn't sound like Spanish.
I hope the entire song is better than the little clip.

The rest of the album sounds fabulous though. (:
Old 02-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristofer View Post
La Candida no suena española.............
La Candida doesn't sound like Spanish.
I hope the entire song is better than the little clip.

The rest of the album sounds fabulous though. (:
...Piensas en mi
Lo se, eres fiel
Jamas mentiras,
me muero me muero
Feliz tu sin mi,
Oh Dios no podras,
~something~
Aqui ~something~
Solo para mi...

I understood it fine with those two exceptions. I love the sample btw
Old 02-27-2010, 10:10 PM

kristofer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
...Piensas en mi
Lo se, eres fiel
Jamas mentiras,
me muero me muero
Feliz tu sin mi,
Oh Dios no podras,
~something~
Aqui ~something~
Solo para mi...

I understood it fine with those two exceptions. I love the sample btw
I guess French-accented Spanish just doesn't work well for me. I can understand it with a Bulgarian accent but not with a French accent. Bwaha that's horrible. Así es la vida, supongo~
I love the "something"s though. Hahaha.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:33 PM
LiLi LoVeR

Sachin_22 is on a distinguished road

All songs are nice....

Last edited by Sachin_22; 02-28-2010 at 09:37 AM..
Old 02-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile digital audio issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criss_pl View Post
I like those songs, but I would like them more if only songs exposed a bit more Alizée's voice. Maybe, it's only a samples issue, but for me melody covers the voice too strong.
With memory and telecommunications so cheap, it would not be very costly to release multiple tracks (e.g. vocal, instruments) to the public and let them adjust the mix they prefer. Obviously there is no control to do the mixing on a fixed-function device like a CD/DVD player, but a PC or smartphone is quite programmable to accommodate any novel option a publisher might like to offer. I doubt enough people would want to do this to make it profitable, but young people today are into "modding" things like video games and so perhaps that day is soon coming.

I note that there is a (highly echoic) a capella version of <i>Fifty-Sixty</i> on <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkuqMrXWIUQ">YouTube</a>. Did Alizée release this, or was a third party able to isolate her voice from a final mix this well these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Until these other media outlets get with it, independents selling their own products strictly through the internet are going to find it difficult to get other media exposure. I’d hate to see Alizée only available on a crappy Youtube video.
YouTube now supports high definition video. And <i>The New York Times</i> reports YouTube said it... would begin a program called “Filmmakers Wanted” that would allow... independent producers to make their films available to YouTube. Filmmakers will be able to determine the rental price of the movies and would keep the majority of the revenue collected...

Hulu already provides an outlet for indy films. <a href="http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123499181&ft=1&f=2&utm_source=fe edburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NprP rogramsATC+%28NPR+Programs%3A+All+Things+Considere d%29&utm_content=Google+Reader">NPR reports</a> on a filmmaker claiming his $100K budget work made $1 million.

And I think you know that iTunes is already the biggest music retailer in the USA, and sells without physical media.

The question of where people learn about the music they land up buying is a separate issue. Old people still watch broadcast TV and read newspapers, but youngsters are rapidly abandoning both for Internet sources of video and text. I am not a music marketing guy and I'm too lazy to do lay research, but let me share some <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=152676&postcount=21">interesting stuff concerning listening habits and music selling</a> which I ran across in following my regular news feeds.

For what it's worth, I don't listen to <i>ANY</i> broadcast TV or radio after spending decades doing so. No AM, no FM, no XM, no ABC, no CBS, no NBC. Not even any "modern" cable or satellite video. The stuff I get comes from the Internet via a data line and is ON DEMAND. There is no "prime time" at my house. Even my rustic local news sources come via the Internet. Now, I do get material from traditional mass-media publishers - but it need come via the Internet to reach me.

Even most youngsters may not be like me yet, but they are moving that way. And again, the US is ALREADY a home-broadband-majority nation, a threshold we crossed in 2007.

I am not really a music devotee and with so much great voice prose finally available on demand, it is rare I waste my ears on ANY sung music, save when drifting off to sleep. Alizée's manager should be pleased she breaks a pattern.

Alizée found me through YouTube; Britney did only through her extracurricular escapades, as reported by the general news. I still have never heard Britney sing - I guess a great many people liked her singing and perhaps still do. Curiously, however, I have often used music to illustrate historical material. We even produced and aired singing radio ads for mid-19th century politicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
And some audiophiles are not happy with the quality of MP3’s. And still others (like me) still enjoy having a physical object with artwork to hold in their hands. And there are still many people who love to browse through a good record store.
If record publishers don't provide digital files at the bit rates at which they do the digital mastering, it's because customers, by and large, won't pay for the improvement. The curious thing would be that the overhead for another SKU would seem to be preventing this choice.

I prefer to miniaturize everything that needs to be stored, so it can be stored with economy and carried with ease everywhere. I also prefer to keep designs and toss goods, if the former can be turned into the latter on demand, without delay, for free.

The essentials of the physics, psychophysics and economics of audio is found <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=146133&postcount=8">here</a>. The only real challenge to audio "fidelity," not discussed there, is the fact that your speakers, body and all the objects around them form a complicated amalgam of audio resonators/attentuators which changes its characteristics when you cross the room, open your mouth, gain weight, get constipated, and what not. In principle, one could measure the response of the system and distort the recording to compensate for it, but it is very rare to do that. Most differences are of course inaudible to anyone who does not believe in magic, and many other people simply don't care to bother with improving audible "deficiencies".

As one professional musician (Alizée) says: <blockquote><i>...someone like me has a musical library that is 40GB in size! I prefer to take all my music in my pocket...</i>[on her iPod]</blockquote>No wonder I love her!

As for the joy of fondling material goods, please be my guest.
<i>De gustibus non est disputandum.</i>
(Did I get that right, Deep? I never studied Latin in school, as you did.)

Any activity which in the past has repeatedly brought one pleasure will be attractive, because it recalls the associated emotional memory. I am not surprised if that even includes an activity which formerly was rewarding because it was utilitarian and now no longer is compared to an alternative. A man may prefer to make love to an old woman whose beauty has long vanished, rather than to a beautiful new one in the prime of life, because he remembers the innumerable times he made love to the former when she was in the prime of life. Perhaps there is someone who sings and dances ten times as well as <i>la fille corse</i>, but every time I attend her, I remember all the great pleasure she has given me in the past, not just at the moment. Memory makes the fan, I guess.

I do like to walk for exercise and in my early middle years, I would make a two-mile walk part of my regular daily work commute. But I prefer using Google to suffering what Michael Douglas is burdened with in <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFkyV7d5t8o"><i>Disclosure</i></a> when one is urgently trying to get something done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
...the great thing about digital downloads is that they have the potential to reach a higher standard quality than anything in the past. As broadband becomes the norm and the storage capacity of portable music devices increases, we will get there. But I think there will always be a market for deluxe quality recorded music, too.
While not universal, broadband has been the norm (majority) in US homes for years now. Memory is cheap, too. (Now flash is maybe a couple bucks per GB; disk, maybe a dime per GB.) Technically, we are <i>already</i> "living in the future." Perhaps it just takes habits a long time to adjust to new opportunities when the old systems are not unbearable. As I asserted before, impossible cost is not the reason most people don't want higher bit rates on digital audio files.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 02-28-2010 at 11:43 AM..
Old 02-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

A few quick notes to respond to Docdtv;

Alizée made the a cappella of Fifty Sixty available for download in MP3 format so fans could make remixes, which I thought was a great idea. Unfortunately, it contained all the processing and all the added voices mixed together which limited what you could do with it.

As for "crappy Youtube", I am referring to the possibility of the loss of pro live performances with an audience. However, here are a few models that I think have the potential to change that.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DrumChannelOfficial

http://www.ambrosialive.net/
Old 03-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

New slightly different samples available:

http://www.qobuz.com/telechargement-...977545036.html

Old 03-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Merci Alizée

wow!!! awesome really a good find, thanks a lot for the link
Old 03-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I'm really loving the samples of La Candida, the spanish song. Can't wait to hear it!!
Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-14-2010, 01:15 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Factory Girl, another reference to Warhol, and it sounds great!