Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-20-2018, 08:55 PM

stephan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Oh. I thought by the advertising, there there three acts, and Alizee was the second. My mistake
headliner
a performer or act that is the star attraction on a program and typically performs last.

She was definitely the main star attraction. I've been though the first part and the musician from the stage kept saying "Ok, guys, wait for it, Alizée is coming soon" or "We get it, everyone is waiting for our lovely french pop star". The area in front of the stage was pretty empty during the first part:

The third performer was a popular pop-rock music from Warsaw, yet absolutely unknown elsewhere. Quite a number of people left after the Alizée's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Right now it is a lot of dreaming, but sometimes dream can come true.
I believe in it. I wish she would keep performing, at least in the form as it was in Warsaw.

Last edited by stephan; 11-20-2018 at 09:06 PM..
Old 11-20-2018, 09:16 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
headliner
a performer or act that is the star attraction on a program and typically performs last.

The third performer was a popular pop-rock music from Warsaw, yet absolutely unknown elsewhere. Quite a number of people left after the Alizée's part.
If I understand correctly, Alizee performed second, but still was considered the headliner. Every concert I have been to, the backup bands play before the headliner, who performs last, just like your definition stated. The way the advertisement was structured, it looked like the rock band was the headliner because they played last.

Is great to see the number of people that showed up to support her.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 11-20-2018 at 09:42 PM..
Old 11-20-2018, 09:20 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for sharing your experiences and thoughts with us Stephan. If you have more, please share it on this topic or anything else in our forum. One question if it hasn't been asked already, do you think the weather kept the crowd size down?
Old 11-20-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Thanks for sharing your experiences and thoughts with us Stephan. If you have more, please share it on this topic or anything else in our forum. One question if it hasn't been asked already, do you think the weather kept the crowd size down?
TL;DR: No. The crowd was big despite rain, poor advertisement and small area in front of the stage.

I don't think so. It often rains in Poland; the summer is usually cold and rainy and the autumn is even worse. Well, it has its own charm, you might say. I started liking rains here. But I definitely wouldn't if I had to work outside.

The day before the concert was rainy in Kraków. The day of the concert in Warsaw started with a pretty clear sky which made me think the concert is going to be just fine. But shortly after Alizée walked out the rain began. Totally unexpected! It wasn't a downpour, more like a normal rain though. Still not pleasant. I thought my camcorder would get soaked and the recording ruined but luckily it didn't.

The crowd during the Alizée's part was the biggest and the place was almost overcrowded. I was smart enough to come much early and to wait for her while listening to a crappy local pop-rock group, as later it would have been absolutely impossible to get to the first row. Somehow I still happened to be in the second and had to almost hold into some bald head of an older man ahead of me.

There would have been even more people if:

1) They properly advertised it; I discovered this event only about 1 month in advance on Alizée's facebook page and thanks Flying Spaghetti Monster I managed to learn Polish, so I could understand what it was about. Nobody advertised it in English.

2) They chose a bigger place. The park was rather small and you can see the fenced area was even smaller. Was it really necessary to fence it, by the way? Yes, they were checking bags at the gates but if a criminal really wanted to cause harm would that pity fence stop them in any way? So, what was the point? You guessed it, this is Eastern Europe for you. Don't even get me started on this. I'm still upset they forbid to film the rest of the concert. I'm still confused why; nobody cared to explain. I hardly doubt this was Alizée's idea.

Last edited by stephan; 11-20-2018 at 09:52 PM..
Old 11-20-2018, 10:11 PM

As far as them telling people to put their cameras away, did you see any professional cameras recording this event, possibly indicating they wanted it for their own to post it later?
Old 11-20-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As far as them telling people to put their cameras away, did you see any professional cameras recording this event, possibly indicating they wanted it for their own to post it later?
Unfortunately, no. I haven't noticed any. Well, I might have overlooked, but 100% there were no camera cranes or noticeable camera men around or at the stage at any moment. I remember a paparazzi-looking old man and probably a concert organiser, along with Johann, her brother. They were allowed through the security and obviously were approved by the organisers to get on the stage to make professional photos. However, they only had photo cameras, not video cameras. My camcorder was probably the most professional camera there. It's a pity.

There might be a small chance there was a camera at the sound technician's booth in the centre of the area. However, I recently posted my recording on a popular Polish reddit-like web-site and they told me it was the best one until this very moment (+the recording of the "Moi... Lolita !" bravely and secretly made by Jakub from the centre of the crowd). Nobody has published anything yet and it's probably unlikely they would.

Is there a SPOILER tag here or something?
Old 11-21-2018, 02:23 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm not sure she would simply go to a private party, even for a reasonable amount of money, but who knows.
I once read about a rich guy who hired Aerosmith to play at his kid's birthday party. (Maybe it wasn't Aerosmith, but it was one of those bands.)

Everything's for sale!
Old 11-21-2018, 06:57 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
1) They properly advertised it; I discovered this event only about 1 month in advance on Alizée's facebook page and thanks Flying Spaghetti Monster I managed to learn Polish, so I could understand what it was about. Nobody advertised it in English.
I was under the assumption that you were Polish that knew English very well. It's sounds like it actually was the other way around. Did you move there from an English-speaking country?

Since the crowd was almost overflowing for Alizee, I assume it was a lot of word of mouth advertising. How could the event organizers, after bringing in such a special guest, drop the ball on advertising? Could there be a logistical problem if they advertised it heavily, drawing in a crowd bigger than the park can handle, and causing a traffic headache?

Quote:
2) They chose a bigger place. The park was rather small and you can see the fenced area was even smaller. Was it really necessary to fence it, by the way? Yes, they were checking bags at the gates but if a criminal really wanted to cause harm would that pity fence stop them in any way? So, what was the point? You guessed it, this is Eastern Europe for you. Don't even get me started on this. I'm still upset they forbid to film the rest of the concert. I'm still confused why; nobody cared to explain. I hardly doubt this was Alizée's idea.
I'm so used to bag checks for every event these days that it doesn't faze me anymore. But you are correct that a fence won't stop anybody intent on causing harm. Seeing Alizee and hearing her voice is a much more effective deterrent.

As far as the recording of the event, or any event, I wish every performance had a professionally done recording of them. It could then be offered for sale and the proceeds can be part of the artist's compensation, minus the costs to produce it. While I love my phone and it's ability to take great photos and videos, I think in general it is being overused. When I see concert footage pre-2007, the audience was engaged in the performance. Now, at least half are holding up their cameras recording the event, making sure they are getting a good shot. I have to admit, if I had the chance to see Alizee up close like that, I would be one of those recording. But I can also imagine it from the performer's point of view, looking out and seeing a sea of cameras instead of a sea of fans clapping their hands. I know there is some momentum moving towards being able to block recordings from phones during concerts by using an IR signal that phones detect, disabling the recording feature. Apple already has a patent on this technology, but as far as I know, has not implemented it in their phone.

Out of curiosity, after the first four songs and recordings had to stop, did you notice any differences with Alizee or the audience? Did you enjoy the concert more without using your camcorder? Gregoire posted the video of his from backstage when the crowd was chanting "Alizee! Alizee!..." and clapping their hands and she was dancing to it. It looks like everybody was really into it and Alizee was feeding off that energy.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:50 PM

I remember at one of the Les Enfoires shows I went to, to get a good seat, you had to get there around 9am for a show that started at 8pm. So everyone who got there early had a big bag with them to store sleeping bags, sweaters, blankets, etc because these shows are always in the winter.. I was with RMJ at the time and he showed me how he would bury his big expensive slr camera in the bottom of the bag. Back then, they didn't do a very thorough search and that's how he managed to get such great pictures over the years. I think the main thing they were looking for 'then' was Justin Bieber type water bottles.

At the first show I was at, I was up in the stands and looking down on the sea of people, you could see the red lights on the cameras people had that was a dead give away that they were recording and slowly but surely, you'd see those red lights disappear as security worked their way around.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-21-2018 at 12:53 PM..