no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

outstanding RMJ. im using the Hey! Amigo one
Old 12-12-2006, 10:23 AM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Yeah, I'm aware of the problem and have no plans to fix it.

Only way to see it is to use broken browser (aka IE). For some fucking reason IE changes the color of background to something else that is defined in HTML and CSS. The color change is subtle but as you see, it can be seen. Of course I could cover the error with bigger bg image but like said, I have no plans to do it.

Ok, actually now I noticed that you are using Safari... So it has the same bug It shows right on other browsers like Firefox and Opera. Oh well, hopefully your browser will be fixed soon so you won't see the "error" anymore.

Since you are snooping already, you can go and check the color of the background image (the 2000px tall) and then check the background color defined in CSS. They matches 100%. Both in hex decimal format is #a44278. So, there should be no kind of color difference between the bottom part of the image and with the background.

I made the image 2000px to cover at least part of the problem. Originally the bg image was only supposed to have the gradient on top of it.

Altho, like I said, there will be small changes to site soon. Since there's so may images already, I will start limiting how many images are shown on one page for easier browsing around. So, once that happens, you might not even notice the "problem" anymore
My color meter is actually reading the background of bg.png color as #924876 on both the downloaded image and on the site itself.. The background of the site is indeed displayed as #a44278. - http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2432/picture1ia8.png

Anyway, it's just a minor thing, and the site is amazing.. Good work.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Hmm... To me it is correct:

But I was starting to think... It might be some gamma problem. Since PNG is able to include gamma correction in the file. And Windoze and OSX uses different gamma so technically it could cause the problem. And on Windoze, IE of course doesn't support gamma or anything else so it would obviously cause problem in anything that it does...

And yeah, it really looks like the color of bg image is #924876 in your earlier screencapture. So, for some reason it has changed to darker shade.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:40 AM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Hmm... To me it is correct:
But I was starting to think... It might be some gamma problem. Since PNG is able to include gamma correction in the file. And Windoze and OSX uses different gamma so technically it could cause the problem. And on Windoze, IE of course doesn't support gamma or anything else so it would obviously cause problem in anything that it does...
Someone has to make a script that displays gradients..

I had a similar problem on a website before, I tried for days trying to get it to work in safari, IE, and firefox, and decided it wasn't possible without reading the clients browser type and making a mini-script.. Of course I have no idea to take php/asp/javascript vars and input them into a CSS so that wasn't exactly possible anyway..
Old 12-12-2006, 11:33 AM
L'âme Artistique

Amelie is on a distinguished road

RMJ, really, i adore your site new style, it's amazing, so sweet and...mild. and your signature is adorable too. you are very creative

Miss Amélie's Myspace-New design again! 2008 10 02.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:12 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Very nice RMJ! Looks beautiful on IE7.

Did you always have calendars available? Because I've visited your site several times and never noticed them.

BTW, for folks who want to resize, I find IrfanView (Freeware for non-commercial use) works easily enough.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-13-2006, 12:03 PM

Seapaddler is on a distinguished road

Have you considered making a slide show screensaver using all your desktop images? I'll throw one together if you want, say.. with random transitions.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:20 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seapaddler View Post
Have you considered making a slide show screensaver using all your desktop images? I'll throw one together if you want, say.. with random transitions.
DOM made a good one recently

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthre...ht=screensaver
Old 12-13-2006, 12:27 PM

Seapaddler is on a distinguished road

ah excellent