Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: AAm may award Alizée an Artistic Grant of €1000+. What is the MOST you pledge for it?
€ 0 = US$ 0.00 27 52.94%
€ 5 = US$ 6.70 2 3.92%
€ 10 = US$ 13.40 5 9.80%
€ 20 = US$ 26.81 8 15.69%
€ 50 = US$ 67.04 4 7.84%
€ 120+ = US$ 160.88+ 5 9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2010, 02:03 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Question POLL - Artistic Grant to Alizée

The poll at the top of this thread is anonymous - please answer honestly!

Honest people pay for copies of Alizée's work. But too many people STEAL that work. To help, Alizée America aspires to award Alizée a no-strings Artistic Grant. And it would be such a nice way to say thanks for the recent gift of the half-hour private session in Paris, video footage of which is all of ours to enjoy forever! We hope the recipients of autographed CDs will be especially generous in pledging. Can't they all pledge at least as much as they were willing to pay for a CD? (One of them recently boasted he would do whatever it takes to support Alizée.) For a discussion of why this initiative has merit, see the post <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=162154&postcount=42"><i>Artistic Grant to Alizée proposed</i></a>.

When the music video for <i>Les Collines</i> was released on <i>YouTube</i>, Alizée's channel achieved the status of daily most-watched channel of ANY musician in the WORLD! As I write this, the video exceeds 600,000 views. Oh, if only views were dollars! Or even just dimes. Alas.

A cover letter accompanying the Artistic Grant check might read as follows:
<blockquote>Dear Alizée,

You are the favorite artist of we, the many members of Alizée America.

We despair that we live in an age when the difficultly of enforcing copyright means that artists can no longer receive the full monetary value of their honest labor and genius. We hope that in a small way, we can ameliorate this terrible injustice by helping revive the ancient custom of patronage.

To this end, we award you the enclosed Artistic Grant without condition for your past achievements, to encourage you to continue pursuit of your work with the help of your chosen professional collaborators. We hope that by accepting it, you will encourage us and many other patrons to find new ways to expand the help ordinary people can provide to perpetuate the creation of new art by those few among us who have the gift to do so.

We are very honored to make this small palpable gesture and hope it inspires many others to follow our example.</blockquote>

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 04-22-2010 at 04:14 AM.. Reason: mention YouTube achievement

Tags
art, grant, money, patronage, theft