Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 08-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
OK no more age jokes please. I feel bad enough as it is.
I think Deep is smart enough to realise we are joking, and man enough to take it as it is meant, but okay, let's stop, it's probably getting old anyway *snigger

/end bad pun.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

It's all in good fun.

And as long as pretty 18-year-old girls are still giving me the eye, there's a limit to just how old I can feel.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 02-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Jericho Kanes the Name

Renegade is on a distinguished road

Thats pretty
wow

I play Russian roulette everyday.... a man sport, with a bullet life.
YEA a bullet called life.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Tical 808

After reading this thread I feel like I've gotten smarter
Old 05-10-2010, 04:23 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

wow... just read the analysis of J'en Ai Marre....

wow... I'm quite speechless at the moment (good thing my hands still work)

I really do mean it, speechless

Wow. I respect Anthony's opinion, but great googly moogly...

I mean, I do declare!

I always thought the song was about her laying pensively in her tub thinking about her life.... but wow.

But if Anthony was correct, that would have been one interesting music video, huh?
Old 07-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Not going to lie. Some of those translations.. especially J'en Ai Marre.

Mind rapage.

Holy frick on a god damn brick. I never never never ever even would have come close to that interpretation..

Old 07-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Not going to lie. Some of those translations.. especially J'en Ai Marre.

Mind rapage.

Holy frick on a god damn brick. I never never never ever even would have come close to that interpretation..
The "analysis" of J'en Ai Marre is just ludicrous, it looks like whoever wrote it was pursuing an agenda. Everything, from the sensationalist introduction to the far-fetched interpretations, screams of moral panic. I mean, come on:

Quote:
I bathe myself in water > Natural vaginal lubrication
Its what’s important > Important in order that there be no irritation when she sticks her fingers inside and for more pleasure…
Quote:
Fed up of the rain, the courgettes
That make me vomit under the bedsheets > we asked ourselves quite often what this sentence means! The rain of the courgettes can mean the ejaculation of sperm into her mouth that she doesn’t like…
Anyhow, it's his "analysis."
Old 07-28-2010, 12:54 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

LOL, yeah, I got the same reaction when I found out about the Jeam interpretation. I guess Garcon's warning hasnt been taken seriously by some of us .

Ive talked with Mexican fans about this and some of them think this interpretation is right, but who knows. After all, lyrics were written by Mylene.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:01 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Even before looking at other people's interpretations of some of her songs I had already made a few of the connections myself, or at least had suspected there was something more with the lyrics.

One of the first songs I noticed this with was ACC. I was watching a music video of it with english subtitles. I kind of got the hint it was some type of love song with it always saying things like "Our universes", "Our fusions", "We desire each other", "We electrify each other", and "The body curcuits of two lovers". And with certain phrases like this along with the other lyrics, I began to wonder, "Is she talking about... dude! I think this song is about sex ". And then I came across these lyrics:

Find meaning again
Of life, I think
Pass by boredom
When you, you are gone

Find meaning again
Moments that get insolent
Of precessions of fingers
Of my hunger for you

At this point I was just like... " What?! Is she talking about... masturbating to her lover when he's gone?!" Maybe I just had a perverted mind at the time? lol. I don't know. But I did seem to find similar sexual connections in these songs before looking up other people's interpretations. Even with JEAM. That one really surprised me as well. With ACC, I was a little shocked as I had no idea what the song was about at first, it was one of my favorites, and I hadn't imagined it was about love like that. But I was just like, it's cool, it's just a love song I guess. But then when I was watching a video with JEAM english subtitles... I began to wonder. Is she talking about what I think she's talking about?!

At the beginning of the song, she talks about her soft skin, bubbles in the bath, splashing, and laughing. Then she says something to the extent of her goldfish being in the bath stirring and then she muffles or wraps him up. I was just like, "Why the hell would she have a fish in the bath with her?...". Then getting further into the song it kind of hit me. Is she talking about masterbation?! Is the fish her... Dude wtf?! Then I came across the lyrics about her being fed up with rain and zucchinis/courgettes. There I was just like "Zucchinis? Why?". Then she says something like "That make me throw up under the sheets."... At first I was like, "Maybe she is allergic to them... Or is she talking about... Dude, wtf?! No". Then, with that in mind, I went back through the lyrics again and found basically all the sexual and obscene references in the song that I have found other people made. And I made these connections before anyone had even mentioned that the lyrics suggested such things. I don't know, like I said before, maybe I just have a perverted mind lol. But the connections can be made and are there.

You can take some of the songs to mean these sexual things, mean the literal words in the song, or something of an interpretation that is your own. In the end, it only matters what you make out of the song and what it means to you. I keep in mind that JEAM might be about masterbation and all that... but I prefer to think of my other more literal interpretation where she is just chillin' in the tub at the end of a tough day and thinks of all the things that bother her, saying she is fed up with it, then relaxes. That is what the song is to me, just sayin' to chill at the end of the day, say you're fed up with all the crap, relax, and move on. If you wanna rock out to a song about a chick finger bangin', then be my guest . But I think I'll use my preferred translation of the song .

Last edited by AlizéeInspired; 07-28-2010 at 10:32 AM..
Old 07-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

So after the initial pillaging of my mind, I've decided that it doesn't matter.

I mean, like any art, it's open to interpretation. Some people can take it that way, while others can see something totally different. I'm glad to have seen this analysis, it's certainly not something I would've come up with, but interesting nonetheless.

I just take it to mean what I thought it was before, her chilling in the tub going over things that annoy her.