Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 07-07-2009, 06:30 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road
Default Can't sell me French

Well, to start, you are not going to be able to go on a popular radio station and tell them play Alizée. They won't do it. Sorry.

But college radio stations will! And college students are good to start. They like it then.....everything falls into place. Because then her fan basis in America among young adults will increase. Which is good. So that is my idea.

Also her singing English songs on demo CD's. You could ask a local store to give them out for free with every purchase or something. Then she will be known for her English songs and stuff...I don't know. You get me right?
Old 07-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

i like this better.

the only problem i can see is.. well, only one actually. and that's getting the stores to give em out, and i suppose getting people to take them too.

btw, we're not doing anything illegal are we? i mean, trying to promote a singer by making CDs of music that isn't ours and giving them out.. i know we're not taking any money for it, but still, just to be safe.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
i like this better.

the only problem i can see is.. well, only one actually. and that's getting the stores to give em out, and i suppose getting people to take them too.

btw, we're not doing anything illegal are we? i mean, trying to promote a singer by making CDs of music that isn't ours and giving them out.. i know we're not taking any money for it, but still, just to be safe.
yea im pretty sure it's illegal

I think a loophole may be if we make cd's with samples of some of the better songs
-----------------
if we were really dedicated we could just simply buy a lot of her cd's and give them away as gifts, or as I found on my D.C. trip, just leave the cd's in strategic places in an airport
Old 07-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
yea im pretty sure it's illegal

I think a loophole may be if we make cd's with samples of some of the better songs
-----------------
if we were really dedicated we could just simply buy a lot of her cd's and give them away as gifts, or as I found on my D.C. trip, just leave the cd's in strategic places in an airport
The CDs me and Ben gave out im pretty sure were demos (not full songs) therefor it is not illegal

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-07-2009, 08:50 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

why don't someone buy air time on a radio station for like 3 minutes and play a song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
The CDs me and Ben gave out im pretty sure were demos (not full songs) therefor it is not illegal
so long as the clips are under 20 seconds I believe once it gets over that it becomes illegal, but then again people on youtube get away with it all the time

and as far as foreign music in the states just look at Yelle, Rammstein, Korpiklaani... all of them can sell out venues in the states and can get radio airtime

PS. and soon to be Melissa Mars

Last edited by jung_adore_ALIZEE; 07-07-2009 at 08:54 PM..
Old 07-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
why don't someone buy air time on a radio station for like 3 minutes and play a song?

so long as the clips are under 20 seconds I believe once it gets over that it becomes illegal, but then again people on youtube get away with it all the time

and as far as foreign music in the states just look at Yelle, Rammstein, Korpiklaani... all of them can sell out venues in the states and can get radio airtime

PS. and soon to be Melissa Mars
Korpiklaani has been active since 2003 (less than Alizée) and sing in languages that are far less understandable or common than French. They do not appeal to a mainstream sound, so why is it plausible that they just had a very successful North American tour, and Alizée can not?
If people can accept a bunch of drunks, sing about being drunk and getting drunk, in a language they can't understand, why can't they accept someone who speaks a well-known foreign language that is now nearing a similar sound to what's hip today?

Old 07-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Do you think this would work:

Directly emailing the radio station and send them a song in an attachment, that way they may download the attachment and listen (I was thinking 50/60 would be a good song choice). I also plan on telling them about our situation as far as getting her spread around. And if that doesn't work, I know one of the DJ's at the station and if the DJ's can play whatever they want then this just might work. This is no college radio station either, it's one of the main ones in my area (I guess). If it ends up happening I will see about getting my hands on a recording of the surrounding comments from the DJ. I don't know anything about how radio stations operate so if this sounds ridiculous, that doesn't surprise me.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
Do you think this would work:

Directly emailing the radio station and send them a song in an attachment, that way they may download the attachment and listen (I was thinking 50/60 would be a good song choice). I also plan on telling them about our situation as far as getting her spread around. And if that doesn't work, I know one of the DJ's at the station and if the DJ's can play whatever they want then this just might work. This is no college radio station either, it's one of the main ones in my area (I guess). If it ends up happening I will see about getting my hands on a recording of the surrounding comments from the DJ. I don't know anything about how radio stations operate so if this sounds ridiculous, that doesn't surprise me.
I bought an extra copy of Psych and sent it to a station in my area along with a letter of explanation. I addressed it to the person that DJ's the Saturday night request show. I gave them links to fan pages, Alizée's official sites and some YouTube Vids. I then requested the the hell out of it, but to no avail. I still think it's worth it, though. Sooner or later I think someone will play her and it will set the precedent.

If you send an attachment in an e-mail, make sure you are directing it to a person there that might do something with it. If it just ends up in a general mailbox it will likely be discarded. The same goes with regular mail. A contact person can be very important.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:33 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Ok I am not sure if this is illegal, but giving people little 20 second demo's aren't going to hook them. I think people in shops will give them out. And people taking them isn't going to be a problem. You don't even have to give them to shop you can just leave a box on a corner with the CD's. I am only worried about the legal issues we may encounter.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
Ok I am not sure if this is illegal, but giving people little 20 second demo's aren't going to hook them. I think people in shops will give them out. And people taking them isn't going to be a problem. You don't even have to give them to shop you can just leave a box on a corner with the CD's. I am only worried about the legal issues we may encounter.
its only illegal if we burn a couple thousand dvd's and start throwing them around like mardi gras beads.......

if someone *crazy* enough legitimately buys a number of cd's and then hands them out... there is no wrong doing because the label and Alizée still get paid