Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-07-2020, 03:01 PM
MMA Teen who was thunderstruck by Alizée

Kajue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Been thinking a lot about this so thought I'd talk about it here.

Simply based on chance it's unlikely anyone I know at school is familiar with Alizée, and if they are I'd like to know who if so, maybe that's a bit strange but it'd be a great thing to bond over.
Anyway, I've been considering different ways of sharing her music or letting people know about her, but it's very difficult trying to think of how to go about doing so. How can I get people genuinely interested without it coming off as unnecessarily forced, or me being overly obsessed (which might be true but they don't need to know that yet )

Messaging people about her may be the most direct way to do it, but then in that case it should come up naturally in conversation and I'm not exactly being flooded with DMs.
I could mention it in person but who knows if they'll care to remember, which is understandable as it's a very random thing to bring up.
If I indirectly made in known, maybe someone sees her as my wallpaper and asks "who's that?", I kinda have to awkwardly explain it in the middle of class
The last thing I need is for it to become something people tease me about. Even if it's just friendly banter which it likely would be (my school's pretty laid back and people generally get along well), people might not take it seriously if I asked they actually listen to her music, or watch a certain video etc.

I wanna see if there's anyone who actually has the same reaction to her stuff, who shows genuine interest, but maybe that's impossible no matter how I go about it. There's obviously a 'wow' factor about her that only some people will find, we've all been lucky enough here to pick up on it, but not everyone will, it's just kinda random who does get it.
Maybe I should just own it, wallpapers, stickers, merch, make it a whole thing, at least people will know her name, but then I may have to explain it to my parents or family members and that's a whole other can of worms

Perhaps it's best if I keep it to myself, but that wouldn't feel right. If just one person I know has the same reaction to her stuff I did, I know how significant that is and don't want to take that away from anyone

So, what do I do?
Honestly man, there's a simple way to approach this.

No need to overthink it. I made 3 of my friends into Alizée addicts with just one trick. The key to this is that they need to see her in an environment without any distractions, preferable later at night when most of them are browsing on their phones in bed. THEN, you're gonna want to send one of her videos to them, and just say "You're welcome." I usually opt for sending them a live J'en ai Marre performance, or her La Isla Bonita performance. The rest is up to them. (And her magic of course.)

Works like magic. 95% of the time they'll ask for more. Some may go on to even become fans, like the three I mentioned. Easy work.

Last edited by Kajue; 06-07-2020 at 08:49 PM..
Old 06-07-2020, 05:40 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajue View Post
Honestly man, there's a simple way to approach this.

No need to overthink it. I made 3 of my friends into Alizée addicts with just one trick. The key to this is that they need to see her in an environment without any distractions, preferable later at night when most of them are browsing on their phones in bed. THEN, you're gonna want to send one of her videos to them, and just say "Your welcome." I usually opt for sending them a live J'en ai Marre performance, or her La Isla Bonita performance. The rest is up to them.

Works like magic. 95% of the time they'll ask for more. Some may go on to even become fans, like the three I mentioned. Easy work.
Yes!!

Ben, do what Kajue is saying here. (And Kajue is right, an environment without distractions is important.)

Get them to watch J'en Ai Marre, and Alizee will do the rest.

(The only question is which live J'en Ai Marre would be the best.)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 06-07-2020 at 11:55 PM..
Old 06-08-2020, 06:13 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Yes!!

Ben, do what Kajue is saying here. (And Kajue is right, an environment without distractions is important.)

Get them to watch J'en Ai Marre, and Alizee will do the rest.

(The only question is which live J'en Ai Marre would be the best.)
Interesting...though I'm not 100% sure if J'en ai Marre is the right song to start off with. It may have worked for Kajue and I, but as Scruffy was saying it's quite a powerful performance that people could take the wrong way. Still though, thanks for the input guys, the more options to consider the better
Old 06-08-2020, 07:12 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Perhaps it's best if I keep it to myself, but that wouldn't feel right. If just one person I know has the same reaction to her stuff I did, I know how significant that is and don't want to take that away from anyone

So, what do I do?
I just kept it to myself all these years with the understanding that if somebody asks me a question like naming the celebrity that I admire the most, or who I find the most beautiful, I will answer truthfully. Never happened as of yet. When I feel the need to talk about Alizee, I come here.

I agree with RedRafe about not putting yourself in a situation with your friends where you start gushing about this Corsican beauty and they have to see her, and so on, and you play endless YouTube videos of her for them. You would probably set yourself up to be disappointed in their reaction. They will probably challenge you and want to show you videos of who THEY like. They might try to pick Alizee apart, pointing out her flaws to you. This is most likely to happen when there are more than one friend present.

I say this because this happened to a young member of ours a few years ago. He is a university student from Venezuela, and got bit by the Lili bug hard. He did what you are thinking about doing, and one of his friends made a comment that she had a big forehead, and another said something else and the whole thing did not end well. He came back to the forum wondering if there was something wrong with HIM for his strong attraction to Alizee.

Somebody left a comment on one of Alizee's videos that said something like "Alizee is OK but this girl is the most beautiful that I have seen" and a link to another YouTube video. I clicked the link and it was another singer and I found really nothing particularly attractive about that girl at all. So beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.

We both know that with Alizee, her appeal goes much deeper than her beauty and you connected with that. A group of guys sitting together watching JEAM is not the atmosphere for any other of them to have that same experience. The conversation will revolve around the superficial.

However...

I really, really like the advice that Kajue gives.

You don't build Alizee up, and your friend could not resist pressing that link you send him. I think late at night would be important. Alizee becomes his focal point and he is free to rewatch the video 100 times like most of us had our first time.

For J'en Ai Marre, I like the Pour Laurette version the best. If a person that glow, she does it here. Her eyes and smile are irresistible. But to each their own.

Keep us up to date!

Edit:

Quote:
Interesting...though I'm not 100% sure if J'en ai Marre is the right song to start off with. It may have worked for Kajue and I, but as Scruffy was saying it's quite a powerful performance that people could take the wrong way. Still though, thanks for the input guys, the more options to consider the better
There is always La Isla Bonita. Lots of members here saw Alizee for the first time in this video. It does have some advantages over the others. It's in English and the song is a popular one, so most have heard it. Now there is this beauty singing it with a cute French accent. Her outfit is more modest. There is that slow belly dance that she does at the beginning which is on pretty much every Alizee highlight reel. It's a good choice.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 06-08-2020 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-08-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

There is always La Isla Bonita. Lots of members here saw Alizee for the first time in this video. It does have some advantages over the others. It's in English and the song is a popular one, so most have heard it. Now there is this beauty singing it with a cute French accent. Her outfit is more modest. There is that slow belly dance that she does at the beginning which is on pretty much every Alizee highlight reel. It's a good choice.
I was considering this as one option. I'm not sure if many people my age would recognise the song (I certainly didn't until hearing Alizee sing it), but otherwise the points you made are all good reasons to consider it
Old 06-08-2020, 09:03 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I was considering this as one option. I'm not sure if many people my age would recognise the song (I certainly didn't until hearing Alizee sing it), but otherwise the points you made are all good reasons to consider it
Of course. Sometimes I forget how old Madonna is (and myself)
Old 06-08-2020, 11:49 AM
MMA Teen who was thunderstruck by Alizée

Kajue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm mean, it's up to you which performance you pick, I just usually send J'en ai Marre because it was the first video I've seen of her, and I got hit with lightning with it.

Just remember, you have to make sure they are in an area free from distractions, so in that way they can pretty much watch the video you sent over and over again. If its night time, and they are isolated, it will be a much more "intimate" (if you could call it that) experience.

I actually have an MMA groupchat on Instagram with few friends, and when I first sent them J'en ai Marre late at night, everyone was just like "WHO is she?" One of them acknowledged her big forehead, but even he said she was still gorgeous and it didn't even matter.

Best of luck Ben!
Old 06-08-2020, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Hi Ben! I think everyone is pretty much in agreement that the key is to be casual, at first, and introduce her to the people in your life by playing her music or showing them a video, but not making a big deal about it. Sort of like we all talk about and often share our favorite things--books or movies or whatever. Music is a natural thing to experience and discuss with other people. So long as you don't rhapsodize too much about her, I can't imagine you'd be teased. More likely, your friends will appreciate her for themselves and may become diehard fans, too. Then maybe they will eventually come to you and say "you know that singer, Alizeé, whose music and videos you were playing awhile back? I just can't stop listening to/watching her!" At that point, you can consider introducing them to our forum!
Old 06-09-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Hi Ben! I think everyone is pretty much in agreement that the key is to be casual, at first, and introduce her to the people in your life by playing her music or showing them a video, but not making a big deal about it. Sort of like we all talk about and often share our favorite things--books or movies or whatever. Music is a natural thing to experience and discuss with other people. So long as you don't rhapsodize too much about her, I can't imagine you'd be teased. More likely, your friends will appreciate her for themselves and may become diehard fans, too. Then maybe they will eventually come to you and say "you know that singer, Alizeé, whose music and videos you were playing awhile back? I just can't stop listening to/watching her!" At that point, you can consider introducing them to our forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajue View Post
I'm mean, it's up to you which performance you pick, I just usually send J'en ai Marre because it was the first video I've seen of her, and I got hit with lightning with it.

Just remember, you have to make sure they are in an area free from distractions, so in that way they can pretty much watch the video you sent over and over again. If its night time, and they are isolated, it will be a much more "intimate" (if you could call it that) experience.

I actually have an MMA groupchat on Instagram with few friends, and when I first sent them J'en ai Marre late at night, everyone was just like "WHO is she?" One of them acknowledged her big forehead, but even he said she was still gorgeous and it didn't even matter.

Best of luck Ben!
Again, thank you everyone for the feedback This thread got a lot more engagement than I was expecting, the participation is much appreciated
Old 03-19-2021, 08:54 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road

This thing is pretty difficult, especially when I have this strong Lili Bug psychosis.

I haven’t told anyone other than what I know through the internet. It's easier.

Many of my online friends are actually women ... They either don’t understand it or “understand” but don’t care more about it.

(although several of them do praise Alizée as beautiful)

So even though I'm the same age as Alizée, may not be easy to say now, in 2021, that I am completely in love with this woman, who has made her greatest performances at the age of 15-20.

For example, I really like Alizée’s performance of the Ma Prière song. If you tell someone who doesn’t understand Alizée’s attractive, charm and appeal, it would certainly feel weird.

Alizée 💜

Tags
family, friends, music, people, school