Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-18-2021, 06:34 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppo555 View Post
A couple of weeks ago going through the Internet, I found a photo from the Philippe Bouley's photoshoot taken in 2003 and fell in love .
They are great pictures!

And great to have a fan from Venezuela here now!

There probably aren't many Venezuelans here in AA...(?)

By the way, can you say anything about how famous Alizée is there, I’m interested. At least she has great popularity in South America in certain places!

Alizée 💜
Old 08-18-2021, 07:19 PM

Noppo555 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
They are great pictures!

And great to have a fan from Venezuela here now!

There probably aren't many Venezuelans here in AA...(?)

By the way, can you say anything about how famous Alizée is there, I’m interested. At least she has great popularity in South America in certain places!
Yes, she was pretty popular in Mexico (from around 2007 to 2009) due to the Internet and MTV, mostly from her Isla Bonita perfomance video and the J'en Ai Marre gifs that used to circulate on the Internet. Another factor, is that Mexico is the biggest (population-wise) spanish-speaking country in South-America, so the posibilities of there being more fans than in other spanish-speaking countries, rises.

In Venezuela? Venezuela, no. If she was, I never heard of her nor seen anything about her, aside from things on the Internet. Which is a shame, really, as it'd have been nice if other women looked up to her so we could have more than one Alizée, instead of Kardashian paint brush on eyebrows and tanned flour on face copycats

Last edited by Noppo555; 08-18-2021 at 07:22 PM..
Old 08-18-2021, 08:04 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppo555 View Post
Yes, she was pretty popular in Mexico (from around 2007 to 2009) due to the Internet and MTV, mostly from her Isla Bonita perfomance video and the J'en Ai Marre gifs that used to circulate on the Internet. Another factor, is that Mexico is the biggest (population-wise) spanish-speaking country in South-America, so the posibilities of there being more fans than in other spanish-speaking countries, rises.

In Venezuela? Venezuela, no. If she was, I never heard of her nor seen anything about her, aside from things on the Internet. Which is a shame, really, as it'd have been nice if other women looked up to her so we could have more than one Alizée, instead of Kardashian paint brush on eyebrows and tanned flour on face copycats
Not to mention that the Kardashians are destroying the bum trend with their oversized bums - compare to Alizée’s perfection!!

It’s a shame because I’ve “always said” that Alizée should have done a bigger and wider tour in South America.

At least in Brazil, Argentina and Peru, etc. She is also apparently quite well known... Although Mexico is the clear number one!

Alizée 💜
Old 12-31-2021, 11:24 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

I knew Nothing about French Singers. A Friend sent me a link to Nena and Red Balloons a German singer. I began playing all Nena; even though I didn't understand German. On the side videos there must have been a song by Alizee. I thought that was a Good name for a French singer; so I started to play her and fell Totally in Love; of course ! I play all her stuff now. I wish I could go back in time and propose marriage to Alizee. Nina's name is actually Nena; so I had to edit it here.

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 01-01-2022 at 11:00 PM..
Old 01-01-2022, 10:59 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
On the side videos there must have been a song by Alizee. I thought that was a Good name for a French singer; so I started to play her and fell Totally in Love
Do you remember which song/performance it was?
Old 01-01-2022, 10:57 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default Which Alizee video I played first. Don't know ?

No. I'm afraid I don't remember which one it was; as I have linked and played all of them like 50 times. So the first one is lost in the scheme of time. I can't go by my links; as I have had to re-install windows 10 like 3 times since then and that destroys your links until you add them in again.
Old 01-31-2022, 03:34 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
I knew Nothing about French Singers. A Friend sent me a link to Nena and Red Balloons a German singer. I began playing all Nena; even though I didn't understand German. On the side videos there must have been a song by Alizee. I thought that was a Good name for a French singer; so I started to play her and fell Totally in Love; of course ! I play all her stuff now. I wish I could go back in time and propose marriage to Alizee. Nina's name is actually Nena; so I had to edit it here.
An interesting discovery story!

Alizee can clearly be found in very different ways, although certain paths are better known!

Alizée 💜
Old 03-23-2022, 03:45 PM

jimijims is on a distinguished road

Hello to all,
I hope that my text will be understandable... I use an automatic translator to discuss with you...
I discovered Alizée because in France, she was very fashionable at the time. I'm French, I'm 30 years old and I was a fan of Alizée when I was a teenager (2000/2007 period). I collected a lot of Alizée's stuff but I sold everything as a young adult... A few years later, I regretted and tried to redo my collection of the time (press, cd, TV recordings...), that's when I decided to find people selling their collection of press, videos (because I find the first videos of Alizée very ugly in terms of colorimetry)... to finally create the YouTube channel "Elle, Alizée" in order to list Alizée's TV shows.
Today I'm not a fan of Alizée anymore but I'm still a fan of the singer of the time: 2000/2007.
And I met her... In 2007 (I am the man in the pictures) :

Old 03-23-2022, 08:48 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Great to hear from you Jimijims and the translation worked very well. It's seems these services have much improved in the past few years.

It's good to hear your story. I myself find those early years the golden years. The later years seemed to be filled with unrealized potential. As much as I was disappointed with the later albums and as much as I hated the tats that came along with them, I stayed close because of what I found about who she was outside the music world. She really is an incredible woman, so devoted to home and family.

The Les Enfoires shows were such an incredible thing for me. It was incredible to see them on Youtube, but then to see some of those shows in person was such a great experience and it added a great chapter to her career imo.
As I mentioned in another post, some people from Europe have started a page on the Telegram channel. They've been working hard to find the best videos of the ones that are out there and I'm sure we all can work together to make sure past and new fans who seem to be coming along on a regular basis, get to see the best product out there.

A couple of times we've come up empty was her iconic performance in Amsterdam and also her performance in Spain where she sang both J'en ai marre and Moi Lolita. I even tried contacting the tv channel who filmed this performance but in the talks with a person who didn't seem to understand the situation, the prices he was mentioning for obtaining the original video was far too high and I didn't know if it would be any better than what we already have.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-23-2022 at 08:54 PM..
Old 03-24-2022, 12:53 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Great pictures jimijims!

I have to say that I am just a little bit jealous.