Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-04-2010, 01:32 AM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

hahaha I will never fall into that phase Im a H kinda guy..

Like I'm
-Happy
-Humourous
-Homeless..(wait thats a lie)
Old 10-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
The CD or the DVD? Or both?
Both, for their own reasons

CD/DVD audio
- I think I'd be fairly safe in saying that all the songzées were written and originally sang in a way to stir up certain emotions and such. Moi Lolita and J'en ai Marre, for example, if they are sung in any other way their original intentions just don't come across clearly. That's the reason I don't care for the live singing of the songs because she just doesn't keep that... (I lack the poet's words) certain charm of Alizée. To me, it doesn't sound like Alizée, it sounds like Alizée... on stage

DVD visual
- One of the reasons I love Her Grace and Beauty is because of her personality; her soft-spokeness*, her reserved body language* (when being Alizée Jacotey, not Alizée), her natural and visible timidness**

I just don't like how Her Grace and Beauty acted on stage. There was nothing wrong with it in the slightest, but that flamboyant dancing, "I own this stage, bitch" attitude, I can't quite describe it.

http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=117
(I can't find the original interview, but 2:30)
http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=4

** (0:10)
http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=75
Old 10-04-2010, 01:38 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
Haha! Well my response still makes sense anyway, 'cause I did like it the first time I heard it.

-When I'm on this forum I feel pressured to type ‹jaja› instead of ‹haha›. It seams like more people spell it with a ‹J› here.
Do whatever makes sense to you. I think the ones who use "jaja" are Spanish speakers. B'cuz in Spanish, "J" makes the "H" sound, such as in jalapeno!

Old 10-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Haha! Well my response still makes sense anyway, 'cause I did like it the first time I heard it.

-When I'm on this forum I feel pressured to type ‹jaja› instead of ‹haha›. It seams like more people spell it with a ‹J› here.
Jajajaja I helped start the trend I only use it cause I like the way it looks and is a lot easier to type on a regular flip phone

Old 10-04-2010, 01:46 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Hahahaa, I'm surprised that none of the SNSD fans have started using "ㅋㅋㅋ" instead of "hahaha"

Old 10-04-2010, 06:20 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
WOAH WOWAH WOAH.. I JUST MADE THE BIGGEST TYPO EVER!

What I meant to say was:

I Didnt liek Fifty Sixty at first and its NOW My most listened to song by her racking up about 160 Plays in 2 Months. Its my fav by her now, I re read my statements and im like OMG...I SAID IT WAS GARBAGE AND STILL IS NOOOOOO
I was already lighting up torches, and passing out pitchforks.
Fifty-Sixty was the song that made me see Psychédélices in a whole different light. The first song I heard from Psych was Mademoiselle Juliette, and I didn't think it was that great, then I heard Fifty-Sixty and I instantly loved it. It didn't even have to grow on me like most of Alizée's songs do, including JEAM and Moi... Lolita.

And speaking of En Concert, I still haven't watched it. I've had the DVD for more than three weeks now, and it's just sitting there on my desk, unopened.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:24 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I've only watched it once but I liked it.

-I don't really like any live performances with lip-syncing. I don't get mad at artists who lip-sync like it's a terrible thing, but it's just hard to enjoy.
I'm exactly the same. I don't detest lip-synching, but I find it's difficult to get across a lot of emotion or feeling in a performance when the singer isn't actually singing live. I understand that it probably wasn't Alizée's choice to lip-synch (I hear French tv channels make all singers do it as a way of ensuring perfection ) and even French superstars like Mylène and France Gall do it, so they probably don't have a choice.

BUT it still irritates me a little that she wasn't allowed to sing live more often, and that's why I rarely watch live performances that aren't En Concert (or the other rare times she's actually singing live).

Quote:
-I'm not a nostalgic person at all, but* I do get a slight nostalgic feeling when I listen to the first three tracks of Psychédélices (it was the first Alizée album I listened to.) I say the first three tracks because those I remember most vividly from the first time I listened to it.
That sums up PERFECTLY what I feel when listening to JPVA, J'en Ai Marre, Toc De Mac or L'E-mail a des Ailes. They're the first four songs of hers I ever bought from iTunes before buying the rest of MCE and En Concert a few days later. They also remind me of a superb holiday to the South of France I went on a week or so after having discovered Alizée.... I barely stopped listening to her music throughout the whole week I was in France! They still remind me of French beaches and sunshine

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
Both, for their own reasons

CD/DVD audio
- I think I'd be fairly safe in saying that all the songzées were written and originally sang in a way to stir up certain emotions and such. Moi Lolita and J'en ai Marre, for example, if they are sung in any other way their original intentions just don't come across clearly. That's the reason I don't care for the live singing of the songs because she just doesn't keep that... (I lack the poet's words) certain charm of Alizée. To me, it doesn't sound like Alizée, it sounds like Alizée... on stage

DVD visual
- One of the reasons I love Her Grace and Beauty is because of her personality; her soft-spokeness*, her reserved body language* (when being Alizée Jacotey, not Alizée), her natural and visible timidness**

I just don't like how Her Grace and Beauty acted on stage. There was nothing wrong with it in the slightest, but that flamboyant dancing, "I own this stage, bitch" attitude, I can't quite describe it.

http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=117
(I can't find the original interview, but 2:30)
http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=4

** (0:10)
http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=75

And btw, I can't stop listening to or watching En Concert.... along with my Mylène SDF DVD and my two cats it's probably my most prized possession. I understand where Jalen's coming from, it's true that she acts very differently on stage than she does when giving interviews in more of a relaxed setting. It's just that I ADORE her stage persona too. There are some moments of En Concert that are just priceless and will stay in my mind forever... off the top of my head:
1) AMD smile and laugh after seeing the sign
2) The way she smiles like a kid in a candy store all the way through L'Alizé
3) The TDM "weeeoooooow"
4) Playing the guitar at the end of ML
5) THE PTB MUSICAL BRIDGE OMG

But yeah, her stage persona and her interview persona are very different, I'm lucky I absolutely adore both.

Last edited by babyblue558; 10-04-2010 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-04-2010, 11:59 AM
devotée d'Alizée

stephenfalken is on a distinguished road
Cool Tinkerhell

This was supposed to be a confession thread, and I didn't have time to read all 39 pages of it, so please forgive if this has been mentioned: but my one and only thing to confess is that I absolutely despise that stupid Tinkerbell tattoo. I consider it the same thing as spraying graffitti on the Venus de Milo, and I don't even like thinking about it.

Otherwise, we're cool :-)

Last edited by stephenfalken; 10-04-2010 at 12:02 PM..
Old 10-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

I remember that tattoo was discussed before, maybe in a different thread. I don't like it either. Nor the one on her right forearm.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Euphoria

Tom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenfalken
Tinkerhell

I normally don't like tattoos but that one on Alizée is

Tags
alizee, confessions, list