Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
but I thought her voice was absolutely beautiful in L'Alize, Hey Amigo, Toc de mac, L'email a des ailes, Lou ou Toi, Amelie m'a dit and a couple of others
Agreed, I think she sings much better live when she does softer songs...

Another example of her singing live and sounding amazing and almost perfectly on pitch is when she sang La Javainise at the Monaco AIDS concert seen here:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oLFrht97qus?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oLFrht97qus?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
It is hard to be better than the studio versions since the studio versions are almost always done in multiple takes; also on top of that you have computers filtering out the flaws, or should I say humanness, in ones voice. As for En Concert and maybe some Les Enfoires songs, yea she gave a spectacular live performance.... but every other life performance she had she either sounded flat, seemed to lack energy, or be out of tune. It could be due to poor mics, poor sound systems, poor acoustic residence, or maybe even bad air quality ... or maybe we need to just drop the excuses and say maybe Alizee really isnt the best live singer. Now just becuase I say she cant sing live (and I dont mean cant literally, obviously she can sing very well because she is a professional singer, but in terms of how she should be singing on a professional level is where I say she cant) does not take away from the fact I love her first 3 albums and I love her voice in the studio versions of the songs so It doesn't make me any less of a fan. Some people (and I can also understand this) do not like an artist if they cant perform up to par during live performances.
I'm not trying to dog on you for not liking her as much live as she is in the studio, cause I would have to somewhat agree with this. But have you ever listened to the raw audio recorded at 3 of the concerts she did for the En Concert DVD? Cause man she sounds perfect in most of them.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:11 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

There's been several discussions about this so I decided to dig this up rather than start a new thread. Which one do you prefer: Alizee singing live or her recorded version?

You know how it is in the music industry. You'd hear singers singing great on radio or tv. Then, once you hear them sing live, you're like What happened? Why do they sound so different?

Generally, the studio version is better than live performance because of the following: Singers can try over and over until their satisfied with the result, whereas in live you only get to do it once (kinda like Hollywood vs Broadway). Secondly, you don't have the filters and other enhancements available to you when you sing live. Third, it is much harder to SING AND DANCE at the same time.

There are also some other tangibles that can affect one's singing capability such as more relaxed atmosphere in studio compared to the pressure of singing in front of thousands of people; more rest in studio compared to singing 15-17 songs in a matter of hours; etc.

I myself initially preferred the studio version, but over time, came to love her live performances after taking into consideration the advantages the studio has over a live performance. I thought she sounded more real, more Alizee, if you will. For me, that's how I judge how good a singer is: by listening how they sing live.

How about you? : Which one do you prefer: Alizee singing live or her recorded version?
Old 11-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
There's been several discussions about this so I decided to dig this up rather than start a new thread. Which one do you prefer: Alizee singing live or her recorded version?

You know how it is in the music industry. You'd hear singers singing great on radio or tv. Then, once you hear them sing live, you're like What happened? Why do they sound so different?

Generally, the studio version is better than live performance because of the following: Singers can try over and over until their satisfied with the result, whereas in live you only get to do it once (kinda like Hollywood vs Broadway). Secondly, you don't have the filters and other enhancements available to you when you sing live. Third, it is much harder to SING AND DANCE at the same time.

There are also some other tangibles that can affect one's singing capability such as more relaxed atmosphere in studio compared to the pressure of singing in front of thousands of people; more rest in studio compared to singing 15-17 songs in a matter of hours; etc.

I myself initially preferred the studio version, but over time, came to love her live performances after taking into consideration the advantages the studio has over a live performance. I thought she sounded more real, more Alizee, if you will. For me, that's how I judge how good a singer is: by listening how they sing live.

How about you? : Which one do you prefer: Alizee singing live or her recorded version?
going to quote myself from the other thread
"It is hard to be better than the studio versions since the studio versions are almost always done in multiple takes; also on top of that you have computers filtering out the flaws, or should I say humanness, in ones voice. As for En Concert and maybe some Les Enfoires songs, yea she gave a spectacular live performance.... but every other life performance she had she either sounded flat, seemed to lack energy, or be out of tune. It could be due to poor mics, poor sound systems, poor acoustic residence, or maybe even bad air quality ... or maybe we need to just drop the excuses and say maybe Alizee really isnt the best live singer. Now just becuase I say she cant sing live (and I dont mean cant literally, obviously she can sing very well because she is a professional singer, but in terms of how she should be singing on a professional level is where I say she cant) does not take away from the fact I love her first 3 albums and I love her voice in the studio versions of the songs so It doesn't make me any less of a fan. Some people (and I can also understand this) do not like an artist if they cant perform up to par during live performances.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:42 PM

Kronos is on a distinguished road

Depends on the song, I don't like the album version of Amelie m'a dit that much but it is still my second most favourite song of hers, but only the live version. It's good that she always sang JPVA recorded on TV, or else there's no way it could have sounded even remotely good while she would dance. The en concert version is kind of meh, but that was the last song of the concert. She was clearly exhausted after all that singing but then she had to go do her most energetic dance
Old 11-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Euphoria

Tom is on a distinguished road

I like when she sings live better even if it doesn't sound as "good". I prefer when it's no lip-sync. Sometimes she had to use the recorded version though, like when she performed JEAM or JPVA. I wish there was less lip-sync and more live singing when she performed on TV but I guess it was better with the recorded versions because it sounds better. Here's one I like a lot of Moi... Lolita.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:31 PM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I like when she sings live better even if it doesn't sound as "good". I prefer when it's no lip-sync. Sometimes she had to use the recorded version though, like when she performed JEAM or JPVA. I wish there was less lip-sync and more live singing when she performed on TV but I guess it was better with the recorded versions because it sounds better. Here's one I like a lot of Moi... Lolita.
Same. I love listening to her real, authentic voice. I can't say this for other singers. Kesha, (I'm sorry this name is even being mentioned in the presence of the name Alizee.) with her autotuning songs half to death. Listen to her live. It's awful. Come to think of it, Alizee is one of the few pop singers I've enjoyed listening to this past decade. I listen to all types of music, I'm not exclusive to just one type.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm sure Alizée did a lot of lip synching in her early career because she did so much dancing in those years. How do you think Pavarotti would have sounded if he danced around as much as she did. If you want a good assessment of her live voice, watch En Concert, a beautiful concert in my opinion.

By the way, where are all these new members coming from?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-02-2010 at 07:43 PM..
Old 11-02-2010, 08:00 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

It kind of depends on the performance as to whether or not I'll prefer it over the studio version. However, more often than not, I prefer the live performances of an artist over their studio recorded version. Similar to what Tom said, I like when an artist sings live even if it doesn't sound as "good". An artist's live performance gets so much more respect from me over their studio recorded songs. Singing live is tough and it gives us (the fans) a better look at what a singer's voice really sounds like rather than just what they sound like at their best or behind a bunch of effects, tuning, etc.

So, overall, I prefer live over studio for any artist. Alizée has a beautiful voice and I'd much rather hear it for real rather than a recording of it. Lip synching doesn't take anything away from an artist for me though, especially if they're moving around on stage as much as Alizée did for her other albums. I guess I just like and respect live performances and singing more because they are more unique, real, and are difficult to do.

Last edited by AlizéeInspired; 11-02-2010 at 08:08 PM..
Old 11-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Euphoria

Tom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
By the way, where are all these new members coming from?
Hey, thanks for noticing us now. We are coming straight from YouTube.

I've been a fan since 2008 and I'm not completely clueless...

Ofcourse she had to lip-sync during performances where she dance, like I also said, maybe you missed it or maybe it wasn't clear enough (Zeerre can tell you all about the latter, don't worry). Déjà vu anyone? There was plenty of performances where she didn't dance and could sing live but she didn't, it's nothing wrong with that but I would have enjoyed that more.

No hostility intended this time either!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:25 PM
On a hiatus break

Aayush is on a distinguished road

The fact is fact, singing and dancing at the same time with utmost perfection is indeed impossible sometimes. Studio versions are good to listen but to sing with that clarity in live stages is pretty tough job, incase you perform also, like lili does.
Taking the case of live performances, lili had to perform more then sing. It is pretty clear then that she is bound to lip-synch some her songs in which she has to perform really hard. Take the performance of JPVA in En Concert in comparison to other stage shows. She didn't lip-synched in the concert, thus her performance was a lil loose then the others.
Actually, if one knows the caliber and capbility then there is no harm in seeing her doing lip-synch during live performances, in that way the public gets full value for their money and also full on entertainment, which is most necessary at the end of the day