Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-02-2010, 10:31 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersoil View Post
Yeah... the first time I saw Alizee certain parts of me were movin' too. He, he. A very familiar story... J'en ai Marre, anyone?

No one really knows about Alizee's upcoming album, just a lot of speculation on the entire Internet. Thanks to a posting by "Snatcher42" I've read that Alizee is supposed to have a new single out in September followed by the new album sometime at the end of the year.

Alizee sings live in her concert DVD and a few other videos. She sings magnificantly live in her concert, so much so that I prefer the live versions of some of her songs instead to the retail release versions.

Lipsynching is just the way that most people do it in Europe and here in the US when the singer is moving around, especially when they're dancing. Madonna and Janet Jackson both said that you can have great live singing or a great show (dancing and performing) but you can't have both. That's because the human body would be panting through most of the songs. Today, fans demand a physical show from top performers (dancing and moving around a lot) and that would leave you out of breath. Just check out a show from Madonna, Janet Jackson, or Britney Spears. Again, that's just the way the human body works. But Alizee has taken special voice classes to help her with the dancing and singing together part. And she does about as good as anyone could do it.

-Cybersoil
I believe this statement. This is probably the reason why Alizee did a lot of lip-synching during her JEAM, ML and JPVA days.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Alizee is very decent live...has anyone thought to listen to the raw audio from the En Concert Tour?
Old 11-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
...though i will agree her singing in live concert is (i hate to admit it) pretty bad....
BLASPHEMER!!!!

Seriously, though. I've seen a couple of videos where she wasn't dead on, and I've seen some fan-recorded videos of things like the Russian concerts that sounded bad, but the recording quality was too terrible to judge.

However, in general, she is wonderful live. I mean, isn't that how she originally got the job? Winning a live singing contest when she was 15? Some of her live stuff is absolutely beautiful.

Edit: Aaronis's post with the video above is a perfect example. If you don't think she sang that beautifully, then we have no frame of reference and can no longer speak on this subject. I agree she nails the softer songs the best, and I feel her next album should be in that vein.

Last edited by severianb; 11-02-2010 at 11:43 PM..
Old 11-02-2010, 11:38 PM
On a hiatus break

Aayush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Alizee is very decent live...has anyone thought to listen to the raw audio from the En Concert Tour?
yups i had.....sounds very original and fresh.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
BLASPHEMER!!!!

Seriously, though. I've seen a couple of videos where she wasn't dead on, and I've seen some fan-recorded videos of things like the Russian concerts that sounded bad, but the recording quality was too terrible to judge.

However, in general, she is wonderful live. I mean, isn't that how she originally got the job? Winning a live singing contest when she was 15? Some of her live stuff is absolutely beautiful.
Alizee never won Graines de star, she was a runner up. Also take into account she has aged 10 years since then, her voice has most definitely changed and matured from the teen-aged voice that got her famous.

Quote:
Edit: Aaronis's post with the video above is a perfect example. If you don't think she sang that beautifully, then we have no frame of reference and can no longer speak on this subject. I agree she nails the softer songs the best, and I feel her next album should be in that vein.
lol im honestly going to say that was ok.. nothing better than ok but that is just becuase I dont like soft songs you can never tell a persons singing voice from them.. but that is just a pure opinion statement by myself.
Alizees best live performances IMO are as follows... and she goes beyond nailing it
http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=71
http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=59

Also let me say I hope is doesnt seem like im bashing Melle Alizee, becuase im not, anyone on here who knows me knows I have nothing but the deepest respect and admiration for Alizee and her music. My only 2 criticisms for her is her live performances and her new album..... that's it

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 11-02-2010 at 11:58 PM..
Old 11-02-2010, 11:50 PM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

It all depends, sometimes I want to hear the studio version of the song with perfectly tuned vocals guitar rhythm etc.

But other times I like to hear how they mix it up in live preformance and see it from a preformer side. It all depends
Old 11-03-2010, 02:56 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
Depends on the song, I don't like the album version of Amelie m'a dit that much but it is still my second most favourite song of hers, but only the live version. It's good that she always sang JPVA recorded on TV, or else there's no way it could have sounded even remotely good while she would dance. The en concert version is kind of meh, but that was the last song of the concert. She was clearly exhausted after all that singing but then she had to go do her most energetic dance
I thought she did much better than that given the fact - like you've stated - that it was the last song and she was already exhausted. JPVA is actually one of my favorite songs in En concert.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:14 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
BLASPHEMER!!!!

I appreciate the fans who record and post those videos. However, we should not use those to judge Alizee's performance. Most of those videos where recorded using phones or regular video recorder which are not equipped to capture the true fidelity of the performance. You need a professional-type video recorder, just like what they use in concerts or tv stations in order to do that.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I appreciate the fans who record and post those videos. However, we should not use those to judge Alizee's performance. Most of those videos where recorded using phones or regular video recorder which are not equipped to capture the true fidelity of the performance. You need a professional-type video recorder, just like what they use in concerts or tv stations in order to do that.
True true...

I know a good one now. The Acoustic TV5 Monde live performances were good J'en Ai Marre, Psychedelices, Par Les Paupieres, Mad Juliette. I think she did J'en Ai Marre the best on the show...simply amazing
Old 11-03-2010, 10:08 AM

Want to know a good live performance she did that she was on pitch/key?

J'en Ai Marre on Acoustic TV5 Monde