Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
well, kinda. Navy bootcamp is ALOT different, but i went through a similar experience like this when i was in Field Med with the marines
I can't claim that the Air Force is as tough as the Marines, but everything except the slamming his head into the board is right on about basic! The Sergeants did make up some of the funniest shit to yell at you, OMG it was good. Man, I miss those days
Old 12-22-2006, 12:21 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Greg View Post
More from SNL (this is hysterical):

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1dmVU08zVpA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1dmVU08zVpA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
I can't believe you just posted that. I was just sent this clip in an e-mail at work today. What are the odds?
Old 12-22-2006, 01:02 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd716 View Post
I can't claim that the Air Force is as tough as the Marines, but everything except the slamming his head into the board is right on about basic! The Sergeants did make up some of the funniest shit to yell at you, OMG it was good. Man, I miss those days
yeah..lol. no doubt that the marine corps is more tough than air force! their bootcamp is twice as long, 3 months, and obviously alot more physical.

The Petty Officers(equal to Staff Sergeants) did make up some of the most funniest shit ive ever heard just to yell at you. I was laughing through half of boot, just at the stuff they said. not in front of them of course, cause you would be dead. If those guys weren't drill intructors, they would be freakin comedians..lol. i hate to say it, but i miss those days too
Old 12-22-2006, 01:09 AM
Platinum Member

Intense, shocking, crazy, love! But at first, yeah, there were no words. I don't know if I could ever do that.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:18 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Am I the only one who sees this video as a modern interpretation of Romeo and Juliet? Obviously without the whole forbiden love aspect, but especially with the nature of the tragedy.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:18 AM
Platinum Member

I found it funny though when I was in tech school. My base trained all branches. The Marines thought they were so hard core, yet they were taking the excact same classes as me and had the same job as me, just for the Marines instead of the Air Force. Lol, I'm doing the same thing as them, yet they gotta put up w/ all of the "Marineyness" --Good Game!
Old 12-22-2006, 01:22 AM
Platinum Member

I'm gonna admit that I've somehow never actually read it. One would assume you'd have had to read it in school, but I don't remember getting that assignment, lol.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:24 AM

lobowolf14 is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry, I believe I completely viewed the entire thread on my 56k modem and I can't find the message about that radio show. I do remember seeing the message a week or two ago. Would someone mind sending me the info on that show or link me to the message?
PLease... ?
Old 12-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobowolf14 View Post
I'm sorry, I believe I completely viewed the entire thread on my 56k modem and I can't find the message about that radio show. I do remember seeing the message a week or two ago. Would someone mind sending me the info on that show or link me to the message?
PLease... ?
56k FTW!
Old 12-22-2006, 01:26 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

my 'A' school was in Great Lakes Illinois, so we didnt have to deal with marines..yet. it was until we went to camp lejuene NC, a HUGE marine base where the shit really hit the fan. we got yelled at again, got intentive training again, and PT marine corps style. it was like bootcamp all over again. and even worse, we went on 10 mile hikes, or 'humps', with 60 pounds on our backs. doesnt sound like much, but by the 6th or so mile, it feels like it weighs a ton