Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-07-2006, 07:01 PM

Azereus is on a distinguished road
Default Do any of you guys feel weird listening to Alizee?

I've always felt a little embarrassed that I listened to Alizee. I usually have her her songs stuck in my head and at many times whistle the tune to a few of her songs when I'm walking to school or work. I'm not really the type who would ever listen to Christina Aguilara or any other pop singers. I mostly listen to rap, rock, hip-hop and r&b. So finally my question to the guys out there. you ever feel weird listening to a female pop singer who sings in french? I knowit's a weird question but really I would never reveal to anyone that I actually like many of her tunes.

Back to writng my 10 page essay!
Old 12-07-2006, 07:12 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

i think most of us here dont seem like the types who would ever listen to french pop music. i was never embarassed however, but i did say to myself "wtf why am i listening to french pop music". id try to play some nirvana or some LP, but i would always come back to this site and soak up some Alizee
Old 12-07-2006, 07:17 PM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road

i only felt weird when i first started listening to her. i used to listen to only rap/hiphop/rnb. now i rarely listen to that type of music and alizee is all i listen to. although no one really knows about my alizee-obsession, just you guys.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Yes and no depending on which friends I'm around. As for if it's just me, I personally have never felt weird listening to her. I used to get weirded out listening to foreign artists before (although not spanish). I guess I've gotten used to the French, and I don't really listen to it as French or "not English"--it's just Alizée. As for the pop(yness) of Lili's music. I'll admit that I get into pop. I like other music too--I'm not a TRL freak, lol, but I like catchy music, so shoot me.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Gone to Alaska

guldebrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
I've always felt a little embarrassed that I listened to Alizee. I usually have her her songs stuck in my head and at many times whistle the tune to a few of her songs when I'm walking to school or work. I'm not really the type who would ever listen to Christina Aguilara or any other pop singers. I mostly listen to rap, rock, hip-hop and r&b. So finally my question to the guys out there. you ever feel weird listening to a female pop singer who sings in french? I knowit's a weird question but really I would never reveal to anyone that I actually like many of her tunes.
No, I have never felt embarrassed about listening to Alizee at any time or any place. I'm new to Alizee but most of my friends are older than me and like her music too, when they hear it. If they ask about her I send them to this website. After all, one of my friends introduced me to Alizee in the same manner; he sent me an MP3 and then a video and I then begged for more! He then told me about this website. So, If you're someone who likes beautiful music, Alizee will definitely be on your list.

I think Alizee is very pretty, sexy, nice, and a great singer and dancer. I'm glad I was introduced to her music and videos and try to pass this favor on to others by spreading the word. I'm very proud of Alizee and what she has accomplished! Are you? Does that answer your question?
Old 12-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

If by "weird" you mean the wonderful warm feeling in your heart, then yeah I do feel weird.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:05 PM

lobowolf14 is on a distinguished road

I'm mixed. Honestly I like to turn up my Alizee to let other people get a few enlightening seconds of an awesome artist they never heard of, then I realize that they'd probably think I'm weird... or gay, so I turn it down.

Now, with my friends and people I am with every day it is a different matter. I generally feel weird at first, then after I show them the J'en Ai Marre video for them and then I play the songs a few other times for myself I generally don't mind. Why the video? Mainly because after the video they say that she's really hot, so I am allowed to listen to her. LOL
Old 12-07-2006, 08:10 PM

Azereus is on a distinguished road

Interesting comments guys. I guess that if I understood french or at least was french, I could enjoy Alizee and not feel a little threatened of my masculinity. But if It were revealed to my friends that I listened to Alizee, I'd probably show them the J'en Ai Marre video and they'd be fixated on her.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:19 PM

lobowolf14 is on a distinguished road

Exactly.. I believe that J'en ai Marre should be the initiation to discover Alizee. That video was the first I ever heard of her, then then after doing some minor research and finding more music I became absolutely addicted. For the average American, listening to French Pop may be awkward and they may never give her a real chance.. Now that video is the persuading argument. Lol. It's the attention grabber.

And that's what I love about her... she's naturally beautiful and sexy, she doesn't need to loose the clothes to be sexy like most American artists. Actually, I still think Britney Spears was hotter during her first album before she went all slutty looking. [off topic]
Old 12-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

I've never been embarrassed about it, but then again, I've very rarely cared what other people think of my tastes in anything. I know I've certainly surprised several people (I had one guy show me an add for a rock concert the other night, and was amazed when I told him I listen to French pop, not recent rock). I pretty much listen to whatever I like at a given time, which can be a blend of everything from classical opera to bubblegum to alternative to thrash metal. I've got Alizée dominating everything right now, and I kinda like it :-)