Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Quite frankly , I never liked the choreographies of the Psyché era... : /

I prefer being honest, but I just think none of them had the grace of the rest of her career.

It was just very excentric without any meaning to it.
I agree with that.

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 07-07-2013, 04:27 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

well... when we look more into the problem like Ray did, yea... she didn't dance a lot... just JEAM, JPVA in TVs MAAAAAAANY times... in En Concert, yea there was some dance... but example like Scruffy mentioned by ML, Mon Maquis and other... for me she just moved little more, but I wouldn't call it "dance" . Everyone sometimes move with music, but you cant name yourself a dancer then...

and like in one thread last days... the problem if she dance or not... how it was great before... maybe, but when I look how sometimes she looked BORED to make it again and agaaaain...

Old 07-07-2013, 04:45 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I'm guessing the stories of her great dancing came from here. I remember reading that the reason she tried out for Star Academy was she read there was an opening for dancers. When she arrived, she found out that they were looking for group dancers and not a single. However (and there's always a however in life), she noted on her resume that she took singing lessons. And so, she tried out for the singing position and got the job. The rest is history.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:59 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
How could I forget Toc de mac and that incredible spin move and the moments that followed?
That is my favourite part of the whole En concert DVD. She just looks so happy there and it always brings a tear to my eye.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I've spent some time this afternoon looking through some of the old videos I have to try to sort them out. One was an .iso for a fan made DVD so I burned it to see what it was. It's an AV biography and has a lot of the footage from her early performances at the Empire in Ajaccio. Nothing that isn't on YouTube but it was all in one place. She had learned many of the movements she'd use later already by then, and she could execute them effortlessly. I suppose she has a natural talent for movement, or something like that. Or perhaps I just see what I want to see.

Maybe I don't think of all the moving around she does as dancing. But I'm also thinking about how there are so many old videos that most have seen many, many times. Then there are the handful of performances from "5" where she's basically still. The JVB 'dancing' is certainly welcome! When compared to the archives, she's not really dancing much.

I also went and watched Toc Du mac from En Concert again. It really showed how much it seems that she likes to perform and gets energized from the crowd. I wish she'd get the chance to do that some more.

Well, for me, I'd go see her sitting at a table signing things. I'd really love to see her performing like she was able to in En Concert sometime. Whether I call it dancing or not.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 07-07-2013 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: adding some pictures
Old 07-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

The comment was Alizee does not dance like she used too. I know when I have said Alizee does not dance like she used to, the comment is more directed at "WE" like to see Alizee dance. Don't you enjoy watching Alizee dance in her live performances ? Dont forget all the dancing she did in all the Les Enfoires. She used to take photos in the dance studio a while back with Dancerman...

We know Alizee likes to dance...so why is she not dancing in her recent videos ? I think we would all enjoy that a lot more then her not dancing. I really hope if she does a concert for the new album that she does not just stand there like she did in the Russian concert.

Plus is she is doing play back for a lot of live performances, then she can dance since she wont be out of breath. That would not bother me as much if there was play back. But...if you do play back and not even dance.......
Old 07-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Sorry MM, I didn't mean to direct the thread at you. In my year here I've heard the same thing over and over, that she doesn't dance like she used to. I just didn't see that she had that many different routines. And PTB was always playback and she never even stood up for that. But I've been thinking about it since last Monday's Village Depart performance, and I guess I finally wrote something. Thanks for joining in!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:39 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

I guess there are two factors which contributed in this "Alizee doesn't dance like she used to"

1. JEAM and JPVA image. Moi... Lolita may be her most popular song overall, but I believe JEAM is the one which brought people from all over the world to her. Many of her have seen her first dancing in JEAM dress and then we have JPVA. Most of the stage performances of JPVA are beautiful and online fans remember her as beautiful dancing girl. However she rarely danced for her other songs. Moi... Lolita performaces, PTB performances in which she just sat at one place for entire song. A contre courant performances in which she didn't move from her place before half of the song was already over.

2. Her MJ performances. She did lot of MJ performances just after her comeback. 2nd Dec, 7th Dec, 12th Dec.Using couch in those performances didn't help at all. At least they shouldn't have used in concerts.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

The JEAM dance is just pure brilliance imo.. I mean she danced like no one else ever could there it was like she was dancing on air/ water. Nonetheless those little kicks she did in the ML and Gourmandises performances were so cute I love them even more.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 07-07-2013 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: nothing groundbreaking
Old 07-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
How can one forget about the amazing dance moves of JBG ? It still remains my favorite choregraphy ever... (too bad they censored it so much during the editing of the DVD... )

A man after my own heart. I may have discovered Zée through JEAM but I've been saying it for years : JBG dance > JEAM dance.

Tags
dance, dances, performing