Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I'm not sure how reliable physical sales are as a benchmark anymore. But in France, the download numbers have not been too great either. Here again, it shows that in the music world today, one must cast their nets much wider to catch the same amount of fish. And that is where the USA could be a factor if she could increase sales here. You have to increase your number of fans, or find ways to sell more stuff to your current fans, or preferably do both. That may be why she did the deluxe set. We are in a transisional period right now and I think it's still important to provide both digital downloads and physical media. You can't just write off one facet of the buying public right now.

From what I read on the French sites, the turnout was smaller for the UEDS autograph session than it was for Psych, but they also said this one was much better. As far as I can see, Alizée is doing things right this time. Again, she needs to maintain enough sales off of an album to sustain her for a few years in order to put out the next album. As she said, she is licensed to the record company and they are not producing her albums. she is apparently doing that out of pocket.

So as fans, I guess we should continue to support her as we can, and help to spread the word about her. We have kind of adopted her as our artist of choice and I suppose it is in our interests as well to contribute to her artistic endeavors. It's like an investment in the future.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:04 AM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
We are in a transisional period right now and I think it's still important to provide both digital downloads and physical media. You can't just write off one facet of the buying public right now. ...
As she said, she is licensed to the record company and they are not producing her albums. she is apparently doing that out of pocket.
Did not know that. In such a case, it is extremely important that the album gives them enough profit so that we can get a next album.

Quote:
So as fans, I guess we should continue to support her as we can, and help to spread the word about her. We have kind of adopted her as our artist of choice and I suppose it is in our interests as well to contribute to her artistic endeavors. It's like an investment in the future.
Yes, I totally agree. She needs our support and she can rely on us for that. After all, it is for our own good. We all want to enjoy her work
Old 04-04-2010, 11:04 AM

AfriqueDuSud is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Words of wisdom. As I have said to others many times before, to me it doesn't matter so much what they sales figures are as long as she achieves what she sets out to do. Trust me, she knows what her potential is, and she knows what realistic sales targets are. If she keeps making it, I will keep buying and rooting for her. And Lefty you are correct in assuming that a lot of this is out of pocket, it kinda dawned on me when I saw her on the train to belgium.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:10 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

To quote a quote... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion (AF)
Thanks to Psychealizee for posting this. . . . not sure if posted before
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychealizee (AF)
Wallpapers oficiales de UEDS aquí: http://bfmvmexicosonymusic.blogspot....allpapers.html
2 wallpapers as well as 2 avatars and 2 banners in the style of said wallpapers.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 04-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
To quote a quote... LOL

2 wallpapers as well as 2 avatars and 2 banners in the style of said wallpapers.
Ooh those are lovely
Thanks for posting them Sir Wood!! Very much appreciated!
Old 04-08-2010, 02:46 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

That video from earlier, she was saying that she would work with Jay-Z and saying, hey, Jay-Z if you're interested call me (essentially). As I recall she's actually said that on tv before too. Yeah, I guess she knows what's up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
Hmm...Triple A day (AAA). Most Americans would be thinking American Automobile Association; and we would be laughing at them.
My dad works on the AAA web site. Maybe I can get him to sneak in something about Alizée.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Found another video!...
hell, I don't know any Spanish, but I understood some of what they said. I guess knowing English and French helps that (and knowing the universe of Alizée). (I don't think my four years of Spanish in high school count for anything anymore. )

This O-Zap article probably doesn't say anything that other articles I've translated say, but since there's interest, I'll put it on my short list.

As far as translations go, there is no such thing as "pop up". In the past we got some translations of videos and translations eventually of most things, but now no one who used to do translations is around. Well, BackinBlack has done a few. There are only a few of us who bother and while I can do a pretty decent job with text, speech is much more difficult. I can only understand when it's really easy. And, I may post here or in Alizee-forum.com, but not necessarily both because as usual it's already past my bed time. It would help to have someone else at least copy translations from one place to another if not everyone will go to both sites. Feel free to copy any translation I create between Alizée America and Alizee-forum (AAm and AF).

And I will reiterate, I'd like to go on a long rave about it, but I'll try to be brief. Let's try not to fret about stuff. We did that before and all it got us was more miserable. Yeah, it sucks when Alizée is not around, but this promotion will only last a few months; so, just enjoy what you get (and maybe promote Alizée if you want her to do more--it has made an undeniable, if not huge, difference in the past)(actually in Mexico it was undeniably huge).

Merci Fanny
Old 01-22-2021, 07:43 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée's style for Une enfant du Siècle

Do you know this performance?

What do you think of this "atmosphere"?
I rarely listen to UEDS songs, but I have always been fascinated by her style in this specific "era". It isn't my absolute favourite one but, I don't know, there's something that I like about it, something that makes it so different and maybe even iconic. If the songs had been more accessible, perhaps now we would be talking about another successful album for Alizée.
Or maybe it is exactly the fact that UEDS is a niche product to make it so captivating and mysterious...
So, back to the video above, this performance is simple and yet so charming. What surprises me more is that "Je m'appelle Alizée": it sounds so intimate and true, as saying "this is just me and my music, nothing else". Unfortunately we can't see how large is the room and how many people are inside, but it seems small and it would be a coherent choice in this sense.
An exhibition like this seems more interesting than En concert to me in some ways. Obviously they are two completely different things and probably, if I could choose, I would buy a ticket for En concert, but this one is nice too, if you get what I mean.

What do you think? Do you like this kind of performances?
Some photos should help:

Complete album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/alizee...57678702544982

Ps: you'll notice there were some problems with the music during "Grand central", but I wanted to show that video first anyway. Here is the other one:

Last edited by Aragorn97; 01-22-2021 at 07:47 PM..
Old 04-04-2021, 02:24 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Do you know this performance?

What do you think of this "atmosphere"?
I rarely listen to UEDS songs, but I have always been fascinated by her style in this specific "era". It isn't my absolute favourite one but, I don't know, there's something that I like about it, something that makes it so different and maybe even iconic. If the songs had been more accessible, perhaps now we would be talking about another successful album for Alizée.
Or maybe it is exactly the fact that UEDS is a niche product to make it so captivating and mysterious...
So, back to the video above, this performance is simple and yet so charming. What surprises me more is that "Je m'appelle Alizée": it sounds so intimate and true, as saying "this is just me and my music, nothing else". Unfortunately we can't see how large is the room and how many people are inside, but it seems small and it would be a coherent choice in this sense.
An exhibition like this seems more interesting than En concert to me in some ways. Obviously they are two completely different things and probably, if I could choose, I would buy a ticket for En concert, but this one is nice too, if you get what I mean.

What do you think? Do you like this kind of performances?
I love this!

And I am a person who does not practically never go willingly to such a concert.

...Except Alizée!

It’s really different from the En concert, and if I were forced to choose, I would go “of course” to the En concert, but this one is also incredibly good!

And I didn’t even realize that Grand Central is so good when I was just listening to the album version!

It’s a shame again that there aren’t many live performances of later songs.

UEDS is so awesome that it is a massive crime that not enough attention has been paid to it!

Alizée 💜

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont