Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like or dislike Une Enfant Du Siecle?
Like 49 79.03%
Dislike 13 20.97%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2011, 03:49 PM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Hahaa, okay, I kind of misunderstood you there.

But hey, I'm in the same boat. She could release a screamo, heavy metal, or a capella album, and I'd still go out and buy it.
Heavy metal Alizee. Dude, that would kill! On a more realistic note, this album has grown tremendously on me in recent months. 14 Decembre, Grand Central, Factory Girl... the composer, forget his name, is pretty good.

Just discovered that each of those songs I listed have different composers. Interesting.

Last edited by SaintÀlizee; 08-19-2011 at 03:55 PM..
Old 08-19-2011, 07:16 PM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintÀlizee View Post
It's the best stoner music. The techno sounds and all, along with her voice, puts you in a psychedelic trance. And me, I could care less what's mainstream or not. I like this album a lot.
If Alizée did the vocals on a dubstep track I would have to buy it. She can sing on electronic music tracks and it would be great to hear her voice in stuff like this track for instance:

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FDYIdBZUl2Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

or maybe even on dirtier dubstep, but i'm not sure her voice would really suit this sort of style:

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VZMfhtKa-wo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." Henry David Thoreau
Old 08-21-2011, 11:28 AM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipshodDread View Post
If Alizée did the vocals on a dubstep track I would have to buy it. She can sing on electronic music tracks and it would be great to hear her voice in stuff like this track for instance:

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FDYIdBZUl2Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

or maybe even on dirtier dubstep, but i'm not sure her voice would really suit this sort of style:

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VZMfhtKa-wo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Yup! I'm fans of both Skrillex and Mt Eden. I think her voice goes along very good with it, but yeah, Skrillex is HEAVY dubstep, so I don't know about that, haha. If the rumors are true, it seems she's "going back to her roots." I really would like to see her do more in this genre, but that's probably just me and a few select others. Avid/original fans I'm sure enjoyed the album, but it's not their style. It's a shame for me :/
Old 08-26-2011, 10:56 AM

Paul is on a distinguished road

So, I used to lurk these forums but hadn't checked them since shortly after Psych (which I loved); hadn't even realized a new album has come and apparently gone quietly while I was away. Oh well, guess you can't expect U.S. marketing for Alizee sadly.

Checking iTunes US version I see Factory Girl album available; nothing called UEDS is there. I'm assuming it's just an English album name, but before I purchase could anyone verify for me that the songs are the same as the French version? If not I'll just have to get a proper CD mailed out again.

I don't want to end up with something like the (imo) terrible English songs I got on my version of MCE. At least both the French and English were on there, but even though they were "bonus" tracks just having to skip the English all the time annoyed me.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Welcome, Pauly.

There was a thread about the Factory Girl album iTunes. (cliquez)

We never got to the bottom of anything, but it seems like it might be an illegal distribution of the album. And as Azhiri pointed out, the preview for the song Grand Central is actually Limelight (and they're listed as having the same total runtime); so if you purchase the album from iTunes you may very well end up with two copies of Limelight and no Grand Central.

You should definitely buy the actual CD, IMO.

Tags
alizee, approve, dislike, poll, ueds