Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

*Sirens* Nerd alert, Nerd alert! Secure all exits, we have a N3?D inbound!

Ok, just put the Zweihänder down TB, nice and easy...

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 12-18-2008, 02:47 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
I need help, where did I find this picture?
While I was looking for someone in AF's huge member list, I noticed this:

Same tv channel (canal j), and same program (les soirees..enter ). I sent an e-mail to the member asking him for some info about the pic .
The pic is so small becuase it is his avatar.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:07 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
I need help, where did I find this picture?
wow she looks so amazing!
she is easily one of the most beautiful girls ever
and the avatar pic is great too
Old 12-18-2008, 01:36 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky View Post
I don't understand a word you just said.
Barrett was describing the low-end Fender Squire series of guitars, produced in Taiwan. This particular model is called the "Hello Kitty" model based on a Japanese ani-character (I think).

It has one pickup which is white on this guitar (or can be any other color, usually black, creme colored, a mixture of one of each black and creme referred to as a "zebra", and sometimes in electric colors as offered by different pickup manufacturers, usually DiMarzio Pickups) and is the rectangular object appearing without the pickup cover on the Hello Kitty guitar which exposes the twin bobbins underneath the strings. This is as a microphone is to the human voice for picking up the string vibrations, which are then amplified through a guitar amplifier.

The bridge is the chrome object on the body, where the strings are anchored at the body end of the guitar. This set up is based on the original 1954 body design model Fender Stratocaster using a non-tremolo style bridge, simply referred to as a "hardtail bridge". This type of bridge is the most simple type offered, and is a very basic design.

More advanced bridge designs include the Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo, whereon the strings are locked at both the bridge and the nut, up where the strings are usually tuned on the guitar, for advanced dive-bombing of notes (releasing the string tension momentarily), which allows a guitarist to do many different types of sounds by the notes losing tension while pushing down and pulling up on a metal arm attached to the bridge, then returning to perfect tuning when the arm is released. This is controlled in the back of the guitar by springs to balance against the string tension, and is adjustable for different gauges of strings preferred.

The Hello Kitty guitar in the states sells for $200, which is a very low-end guitar meant to be used by beginners, and most likely girls, who are first starting out on guitar. However, these are sometimes played by advanced players who choose to either leave them as is (stock), or modify them to add a better pickup or maybe one or two additional pickups and possibly a bridge which is more advanced, plus some extra wiring options to allow different tonal options.

My vote for Alizée's guitar would be this:

This guitar is called "The Handle", and is made of one piece total carbon fiber construction in Milan, Italy by hand*. It has won numerous awards and is considered to be the most advanced electric guitar of the 21st century. It is also offered with a locking tremolo. It weighs 4.4 pounds, and is the ideal weight for Alizée.

I have one on order now and should receive it in late January, or early February.

There are only about 120 of them so far that have been made. This year at the American Music Trade Show in Anaheim, CA., the company, XOX Audio Tools, will be getting dealers for sales around the world. I was lucky to have ordered mine early enough to have some special attention paid to it by the designer who is doing a couple of different things to mine which will make it more personal for me.

These sell for 2449 euros at this time. They are made from the same material that is used on Formula One racing cars. It has been found that carbon fiber has a wider harmonic range then wood, will not be affected by temperature changes, humidity, and actually has more sustain then a wood guitar has.

And for Alizée's amp, I recommend a Diezel VH4 or Herbert with 2 4x12 cabinets. These are such fine amps, and made in Germany, so that our angel would have easy access to the company should she ever need or require service to the amp during her busy schedule.
http://diezel.typo3.inpublica.de/

If Alizée wished to get really exotic in her amp choice, there is the Rodenberg Amp shown here:

which uses five independant channels plus an extra stage for each channel making the amp capable of having ten channels! Custom hand built in Germany. And of course, the wattage can be lowered in stages from 100+ watts to only 10 watts for the close intimate gigs she may wish to perform at.

This is what our angel should be playing on. Only the most modern and best for Alizée. Nothing less is good enough for her, imho.

Any questions?

If I were on tour with her, I would chose to use the Handle, a Les Paul Standard R9, a custom Shop Fender Shell Pink Strat, and the Diezel amps as I am using now.
Here is a picture of the Fender Strat:
This is perfect for the Alizée tours and one of her favorite colors as well.

* There are only a few guitar builders/luthiers that are building total carbon fiber guitars that are either acoustic or electric at this time, but the best of these are built in Europe. Where else would they be built with such panasche and style?! Certainly not in the states!

http://www.xoxaudiotools.com/index.php?page=product
http://truefire.com/tftv/index.html?...demo_xoxhandle

Last edited by C-4; 12-18-2008 at 04:47 PM..
Old 12-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Well, i'm not a Fender fan myself.
Seeing as how Psych seems to have a twangy sound though, the single-coiled Strats/Teles are probably the best choice for any guitarist on her tour. Simply for the higher treble sound of course.

When talking MCE and Gour of course, the tone is slightly subtle will a more fuller feel, and I definitely have a feel that the guitars used might have been humbucker guitars. The guy who played guitar in the En Concert dvd seemed to have switched from Les Pauls to Fender Strats throughout songs, I may have to check into that. Personally, any exotic guitar with fine parts will fit our Corsican queen, I highly doubt though that she cares for tone quality and super quality guitars though, considering her songs are more synthesizer and vocal based anyway.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I highly doubt though that she cares for tone quality and super quality guitars though, considering her songs are more synthesizer and vocal based anyway.
Which I've always thought was a bit of a shame, y'know? Because the live versions are always so much-improved by their heavier emphasis on guitar and bass. The solo at the end of Toc De Mac in En Concert kicks ass, as does the funktastic extended opening of Gourmandises. And the bassline on the reorchestration of JPVA--which I wish she'd record--is hawsome.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:12 PM

digitalfie is on a distinguished road

When did this become a guitar site? Isn't it about pictures unidentified? I enjoy the banter between Lovers of Les Paul but Come On, I want pictures of her highness !!
Old 12-18-2008, 08:19 PM
젊은 전사

Paenguin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfie View Post
When did this become a guitar site? Isn't it about pictures unidentified? I enjoy the banter between Lovers of Les Paul but Come On, I want pictures of her highness !!
180 pages of the same pics being recycled not enough?
Or are the new pictures coming in too slow for you?
Old 12-18-2008, 08:51 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paenguin View Post
180 pages of the same pics being recycled not enough?
Or are the new pictures coming in too slow for you?
Well said Paenguin Everytime I see this thread at the top I think, 'Cool and new pic.' Then I go to the last page and it's an old pic and 3 pages of comments.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:53 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

well for some new members they're probably new. you can't expect them to examine all 180 pgs of this thread. actually i take it back, they should go through all the pages and in fact, it should be the pre-requisite to joining the forums.
Closed Thread