Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 11-09-2015, 08:38 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I ran across this today and I didn't know where to post it. I thought it was interesting so I will post it here for the time being. It is about Paris.

The Avenue de l'Opéra, one of the new boulevards created by Napoleon III. The new buildings on the boulevards were required to be all of the same height and same basic facade design, and all faced with cream coloured stone, giving the city center its distinctive harmony.

I remember reading too and I'm not sure in what part of their history it was written, but I read one reason was they built such wide, broad avenues in Paris was so if the they revolted again, the army would have nice wide fields of fire to direct against the populace.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-09-2015 at 08:44 PM..
Old 11-09-2015, 10:19 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

In addition to being fashionable, the wide boulevards made it difficult for rebellious people to build barricades. For both these reasons the Germans copied the Parisian practice in the construction of Berlin. During WWII the Allied bombers were able to create firestorms in the cities with narrow streets, but couldn't firestorm Berlin because the boulevards acted as firebreaks.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
In addition to being fashionable, the wide boulevards made it difficult for rebellious people to build barricades. For both these reasons the Germans copied the Parisian practice in the construction of Berlin. During WWII the Allied bombers were able to create firestorms in the cities with narrow streets, but couldn't firestorm Berlin because the boulevards acted as firebreaks.
That's very interesting Shepherd. I hadn't heard that before. I'm tremendously interested in the history of Europe, especially of the WW1 and 2 period. I've visited so many places concerning that time period; the Somme, Verdun, Berlin, Potsdam, Prague, Oradour-sur-Glane, Lidice, Majdenek, St Nazaire, Dieppe, Krakow, but I hadn't heard that before. Thanks for telling us about that.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:47 PM

Synthetic498 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by comjoz View Post
Here, finally 74 Matrix Alizee fan videos plus a text file with video description, altogether 1.42 GB, from my collection that I collected during the period from 2009 to 2013 from Matrix's youtube channel
Thank you very much Comjoz! This is very useful for new members like me
Old 12-22-2015, 11:15 AM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Here's one for the Memory Lane, it's Olly Murs talks about Alizée and the song "Dear Darlin":
It seems that Olly was very pleased with how it turned out this version of his song. Just listen to him ...

Clip:

Last edited by comjoz; 12-22-2015 at 12:50 PM..
Old 12-22-2015, 05:50 PM

Thanks for posting that comjoz..I hadn't seen it before and enjoyed watching it. I did make the trip over, just for this one song and it was well worth it.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Thanks for posting that comjoz..I hadn't seen it before and enjoyed watching it. I did make the trip over, just for this one song and it was well worth it.
Although my English is not so good I think I've managed to figure out what he said. Olly said that the version of the song with Alizee turned out better and that his earnings would be higher if it was made as such at first.

Yeah, I remember you were there and made a video:

Old 01-02-2016, 09:19 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Here's one for the Memory Lane, it's Olly Murs talks about Alizée and the song "Dear Darlin":
It seems that Olly was very pleased with how it turned out this version of his song. Just listen to him ...

Clip:

Comjoz, Thanks for posting these two videos. I have seen the version made in the night club by Scuffydog, but this is the first I've seen these two. Watching Olly on the stage with Alizee, it appears he was really taken by Alizee.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:43 PM

I remember a couple of years ago there was ongoing project (at the time) to translate ActuAlizée magazine in english: http://www.alizee-international-fan-...d-magazines.ws

Was it discontinued?
How much of it were translated?
Does anybody has links to the translated material?
Old 01-18-2016, 08:48 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I remember a couple of years ago there was ongoing project (at the time) to translate ActuAlizée magazine in english:
Was it discontinued?
How much of it were translated?
Does anybody has links to the translated material?
There might be some things here...

http://www.english-actualizee.com/