Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Sad Story

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_9804666
Why do bad things always have to happen to good people?
My Prayers are with him and his family!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Sad, I have cousins and family members who have served in the war, this one as well as the Gulf War, and they came home completely different people. Abusive to their wives, cheating and using drugs. Although these individuals fought bravely, their families were torn apart. I guess you would have to see what they saw to understand the psychological effect it had on them.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Sad, I have cousins and family members who have served in the war, this one as well as the Gulf War, and they came home completely different people. Abusive to their wives, cheating and using drugs. Although these individuals fought bravely, their families were torn apart. I guess you would have to see what they saw to understand the psychological effect it had on them.

Sort of like Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now?
We don't know in what ways violence brings you to your breaking point, you can see the darkest of mortal horrors in war that no one can possibly comprehend, bonds broken, friendships destroyed, hope lost, faith thrown in the dust, that's War.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
believe me bro I know how you feel. Some of my friends are just not same anymore after they come back. They seem like they instantly become antisocial! Its a sad thing.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

That is so sad.

I was eating in this little diner today, and I could see the cook and I noticed he was real quite and was sorta in this daze state. Sorta like he wasn't all there. He stayed like this and it was just him and one waitress in there cause its a little place. She would talk to him to tell him things and he would just do them, but not really acknowledge he heard anything. I wondered what was up. I didnt see him smile or open his mouth one time. He was doing everything with total concentration and focus, and considering how young he looked his seriousness just seemed off. He turned around and it finally caught my attention. He had dog tags on. It is an odd thing what war does to people. You can just see it in their eyes. It's like they never stopped fighting, and almost like they are still in the service. But as the marines will say: once a marine, always a marine.

Last edited by Tye; 07-07-2008 at 11:38 PM..
Old 07-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
That is so sad.

I was eating in this little diner today, and I could see the cook and I noticed he was real quite and was sorta in this daze state. Sorta like he wasn't all there. He stayed like this and it was just him and one waitress in there cause its a little place. She would talk to him to tell him things and he would just do them, but not really acknowledge he heard anything. I wondered what was up. I didnt see him smile or open his mouth one time. He was doing everything with total concentration and focus, and considering how young he looked his seriousness just seemed off. He turned around and it finally caught my attention. He had dog tags on. It is an odd thing what war does to people. You can just see it in their eyes. It's like they never stopped fighting, and almost like they are still in the service. But as the marines will say: once a marine, always a marine.
Yeah that's sad. When ever I see a veteran I make an effort to talk to them and show my appreciation. Some you can tell are messed up from what happened, its really sad.
My Gunnery Sergeant (My rotc instructor) who was in the Gulf War and almost got shipped to Iraq last year; would sometimes just go into a daze. We called it his death stare. You could literally go up to him and scream in his face and he wont as so much as flinch. Than out of no where he would just snap out of it. Hes usually sad and its such a shame because he is such a good guy. Also my moms a teacher and at her school one of the teachers is a Marine Captain. During the middle of the year last year he was shipped out to Iraq. He was a loved teacher who everyone liked. Now when he came back, he picks fights with everyone for no reason. Even his students he will start with and just totally bug out on them for the littlest things. Its obvious hes going through post dramatic stress. Once again its just a sad, sad thing!

Old 07-08-2008, 02:05 AM
Banned

muttonchops80 is on a distinguished road

It's just another number according to the government. Bush and his oil buddies are probably grateful they don't have to pay another pension. It's just Vietnam...in the sand.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:13 AM
Mr. Mike

ehh lets try to avoid politics please, it never ends up going in a good way on forums.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:24 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
That is so sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
...Its obvious hes going through post dramatic stress. Once again its just a sad, sad thing!
A friend of mine fought in Vietnam in special forces. He would spend long stretches of time in the field, alone (often living off the land).

When he came home he was totally different. His wife would wake up in the middle of the night and find him behind the chair in the bedroom holdling a knife.

It took him MANY years, and a lot of counseling, to get past it.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:28 AM
Mr. Mike

Wow, I feel bad for him and his wife. That must have been scary.