Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-30-2008, 04:42 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road
Default I am back from France!

I was over there for almost two months. First I worked and earned some money, then I went to Paris. The country is incredibly beautiful and the people are very friendly. I even got to improve a bit on my french. I still can't speak it properly but I understand a little better now what they're saying.

Now here is something that might interest you: I might have found the street where Alizee lives in Paris. I have seen the pictures in the Voici issue and by pure coincidence I found a front door that looked very similar in the 9th arrondissement/Opera (that's where she lives if I remember correctly). I didn't have the pictures on hand to compare them directly but it looked really similar. And here is the thing: Someone had scratched "ALIZ" on the door, in large letters. Probably some fanatic Alizee fan.
Anyway, I won't tell what street it was (for obvious reasons) but I think it was really cool.

Paris is a beautiful city, well worth a visit, even in the the unlikely case that you'll not meet *her* in person.

BTW: I just watched the JEAM video again after a two month abstinence. Almost gave me a heart attack.

Can someone bring me up to speed about recent developments around here?
Old 07-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I was over there for almost two months. First I worked and earned some money, then I went to Paris. The country is incredibly beautiful and the people are very friendly. I even got to improve a bit on my french. I still can't speak it properly but I understand a little better now what they're saying.

Now here is something that might interest you: I might have found the street where Alizee lives in Paris. I have seen the pictures in the Voici issue and by pure coincidence I found a front door that looked very similar in the 9th arrondissement/Opera (that's where she lives if I remember correctly). I didn't have the pictures on hand to compare them directly but it looked really similar. And here is the thing: Someone had scratched "ALIZ" on the door, in large letters. Probably some fanatic Alizee fan.
Anyway, I won't tell what street it was (for obvious reasons) but I think it was really cool.

Paris is a beautiful city, well worth a visit, even in the the unlikely case that you'll not meet *her* in person.

BTW: I just watched the JEAM video again after a two month abstinence. Almost gave me a heart attack.

Can someone bring me up to speed about recent developments around here?
Well, there's been some changes to the User Profiles thing.
There are LOTS of pictures from the Mexico concerts.
Alizée was in a Telenovella.
There's been a split in the Alizée Forum section, now it is Alizée News and Alizée Discussion.
Well, this has been for a while, i'm sure you know of it, but check out the PODCASTS.

There are tons of threads that you would probably die if you look through all the new posts/threads and stuff, i'm sure I would be out of breath if I was absent for two months and there are 2 pages of new stuff to read per forum, etc. etc.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Hah, wow! That little story leaves you something wonder about...

I'm glad you had such a great time!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Just out of curiosity, what did it cost you, dreamer?
Old 07-31-2008, 01:10 AM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
No kidding, I know exactly how it feels. I was starved of Alizée for the first time this past week due to a trip to California without internet access. Random things I saw or heard sent flashes of her through my mind most unexpectedly. It wasn't long before I found myself in a barnes and noble scouring the international CD rack (too bad I didn't find her stuff there )
Old 07-31-2008, 01:13 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
No kidding, I know exactly how it feels. I was starved of Alizée for the first time this past week due to a trip to California without internet access. Random things I saw or heard sent flashes of her through my mind most unexpectedly. It wasn't long before I found myself in a barnes and noble scouring the international CD rack (too bad I didn't find her stuff there )
Heh, i've been to California several times (from England ), if you want Alizée stuff, Amoeba Records in Hollywood and San Francisco orders her albums weekly.

In the Hollywood one (which I visited in hopes of getting a Psychédélices from) they said they sell them out almost every week, rock on Alizée!

I've never been Lilly-starved though.
I always bring a laptop with me everywhere.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:58 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what did it cost you, dreamer?
Not that much. I spent maybe 150 euros in Paris (I stayed at a campsite. The Louvre was free the day I visited it, most of the other stuff I just looked at from the outside. I had a bike so I spent most of my time just driving around. I also payed for the catacombs and the Eiffel Tower.

One more thing: The posts on the sidewalk you can see in the pictures in the Voici are exactly like those I saw in that area.

Edit: I forgot to mention this: When I was in a bar the 50/60 music video started playing on TV. It was a very cool moment when I heard the first chords and I immediately said to myself "Hey, I know this song!". Most of the other songs playing on the radio in France are crap.

Last edited by dreamer; 07-31-2008 at 08:11 PM..