Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Articles and Blog

Old 06-09-2018, 11:32 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road
Default My Daily Blog :)

Well... I wanted to start this personal blog cause i feel free to talk whatever i want to.... So lets start! (Sorry for the typos i'm not english native)

Today was a good day actually, i started the second level of my french courses (2 out of 17 lol), i'm used to listen to Toc de Mac before i start with the day officially and it really motivates me. Talking about the french class, during the mean time i talked with my new teacher and she asked me "What do you do to learn french?" and answered "well... I always listen to a French singer called Alizée" and then i showed her one Alizée's song because i wanted to know if she recognize her and my teacher's expression was like "i know who's her and i'm impressed that you listen to her music!" but i don't really know if she knows Alizée or not. The class finished okay but i still prefer my first level teacher haha.

By the way, today i friend asked me how can i always listen to Alizée without getting tired and i didn't know how to answer, the reason is probably Alizée is the kind of singer i always wanted to listen to, her music is my musical taste in a nutshell, Mes Courants Electriques for me is the best album i've ever listened to because it's energizing and combines a lot of instruments at the same time (the case of Toc de Mac), every song is completely different to the other, coeur deja pris is magic and its video clips are awesome (i prefer A contre courant video cause it's like the typical musical video of those times performed in a abandoned building and i love that! <3) so... Maybe the answer is that i ALWAYS listen to Alizée cause her music match with me and she as a person seems kind and sweet! (i write this lines cause i read jessica's letters and i really loved how she described Alizée's personality <3)

finally i want to say that i love this place, it lets me connect with Alizée (the person) even though i don't contribute a lot compared to other members, but i'm okay : D

à bientôt!

(Btw i love this piano cover of Toc de Mac http://soundcloud.com/velectrody/ali...e-megalizeecom) bye bye!

Story 1 (6/9/18)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, i want to tell you guys about a story that have happened to me like 3 month ago:

first of all this is my actual collection of Alizée: http://www.dropbox.com/s/6uj9h9oluxq...24028.jpg?dl=0 (i know is pretty petit compared to other members collections)

I have a petit story with Mes courants electriques. When i bought Gourmandises my parents couldn't understand why a teenager would want a disk in 2018, back then every day before gourmandises arrived at my house my parents asked me the same thing, yeah it was pretty annoying, then they stopped days after the disc arrived but with Mes courants electriques was a bit different because when i bought it on Amazon my father didn't notice that he bought 2 copies instead one and he was suppeeeeer mad hahah, we couldn't return the second copy bought by mistake, the times passed and both arrived, i remember that day cause when i opened the box with the albums one of them was supeeeeeeeeeeeeer broken:

1.-http://www.dropbox.com/s/8r53erqzsdv...24145.jpg?dl=0

2.-http://www.dropbox.com/s/6o95x6apzql...24153.jpg?dl=0

But the other one was in pretty good conditions (the one you can see in the first link) this would sound rude but i'm happy that we bought a second copy by mistake because if the broken one arrives i would cry a lot, haha my father wants to return the broken MCE but maybe he will never do it.

this is my petit story (if my father doesn't return it by the time i'm gonna move to USA i'll grab the disk as mine haha, that's the only thing valuable there)

Last edited by Edsel Di Meo; 06-09-2018 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-12-2019, 10:00 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Like CleverCowboy said, Gourmandises cd, but in an MCE case.

I believe I have an unopened MCE cd, still in the wrapper, but the case has a crack in it. I could post a picture. You could always replace the case. I also have an autographed 5 cd. I sell mine at cost, plus shipping. If you're interested, let me know. I might also have something else.
Wow, that's really interesting, but I'm afraid that I must decline for now: I'm in the middle of an exam session, so I don't have a lot of spare time. I'll be very happy to contact you as soon as I'm free, if you have still something. Thank you very much for your interest!
Old 10-06-2019, 12:30 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road
Default :))))))

Hiiii guys, how is it going?It's been a while since the last time I posted in this thread, but it's alright

I have to admit that I've been checking up on this forum even though I didn't post anything haha.

Okay, let's catch up with what I've been doing so far haha

I finally started university! It's been a month and a half of that . I've also been working out and three days ago my career course coordinator invited me, along with 9 other people to a three day long event like a hackathon. If you guys don't know what that is, it's basically an event where you have to choose a project from a list and build it in three days without rest. The event finished yesterday but the experience was amazing. I learned a lot about mechanics, electronics and programming and I even finished in third place!

Regarding the topic of this forum, I listened to the last song released by Julia last friday and I liked it , what are your thoughts on it though?

And that's basically it, I'm tired and I have two tests this week so I gotta get prepared for them so see you soon and I hope everything is going well for you!

Last edited by Edsel Di Meo; 10-06-2019 at 12:34 PM..
Old 10-06-2019, 03:52 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Hey Edsel.....It's great to hear from you. We miss your posts. Having some electronics, mechanical and programming training was key to me having a career in something I really enjoy and it is such a tremendous help in life at home.

As far as Julia, I really enjoyed her recent song. I was starting to doubt whether she would have success, but I think the great talents of MF/LB are starting to emerge and I'd be very surprised if Julia does not do well.

Please keep in touch with us. We always enjoy your posts!
Old 10-07-2019, 08:00 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Hi Edsel!

Great to hear from you as always. Glad things are moving ahead in your education. The hackathon sounds like the real world in many ways, like working three days without rest. That's the price you pay for being in IT

I have more of a neutral response to Julia's new song, and I posted in the Julia thread about it. It is a nice song, but not a great song in my opinion. She is somehow not connecting with her age group, something that Alizee did with ease.

Have a great semester this fall, and hope to hear from you again.

CC