Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-07-2010, 11:34 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
I dont know which pics that are from fb or not. I can take it away if that's the case.
well, that pic and some others were taken from her facebook gallery. But yeah, since not everyone can access her fb gallery, how are we supposed to know?.

Quote:
what rules apply for posting pictures of private character?
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...&postcount=726
Old 01-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

i think things have calmed down? i've posted them on a few sites tonight and they don't seem to mind it!

---------------------------------------------------

Old 01-08-2010, 01:54 AM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OndrejSc View Post
Okay, I'm gonna play the child who sees the emperor naked: those pics a dreadful and had I seen nothing else of Alizee but those, I'd think, what a... (self-censorship).
I agree, looks a bit slutty indeed. But I still like it, haha
Old 01-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Slutty? I don't find that picture slutty in any way.

To be sexually seductive and slutty are different. At least, I think so.
For one, slutty is basically the trashy version of being seductive. I don't see anything trashy about this picture.

I don't see any thongs, boobs, ass, or anything else usually associated with being slutty. (well, ok, a bit of the cleavage, but nothing dramatic)

The only thing that comes to mind is maybe the "boytoy" belt thingy?

Old 01-08-2010, 06:27 AM

OndrejSc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
To be sexually seductive and slutty are different. At least, I think so.
Agreed. But I think the only person towards whom she should behave or dress seductively now is her husband. I'm not saying she shant dress nicely, just not seductively since she is married. But the dress in those photographs is not seductive, it is so over the top that it does nothing for me, it is more a parody on seductiveness than seductive. And that is what I call slutty. ;-) Don'r get me wrong, I still like her much, just not this facet of her. :-)
Old 01-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Agreed. But I think the only person towards whom she should behave or dress seductively now is her husband.
I totally, totally, TOTALLY disagree, as regards performance on stage. Private behavior is a different subject. But a performer on stage is like a person acting a role. What you're saying is the equivalent of saying that a married actress should never have a love scene with a male actor other than her husband. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Alizée's greatest strength as a performer is her ability to connect intimately with the audience. On a subtle level, part of that is seductive. It isn't the main part of what she does, unlike some, but the undercurrent is always there. If she tries to squelch that, she'll kill her talent. That's exactly what she did in the first performances after her return in 2007, up through the Moscow concert.

You have to separate art from private life. What she does e.g. in the Madonna-esque photos is not an invitation to dalliance. It's art. There's a line, true, beyond which seductiveness becomes vulgarity, and she should not cross that line and I'm sure never will. But that has nothing to do with her marriage. The same line would exist, in exactly the same place, if she were single.

Reallly, there is only one way that Alizée could be unfaithful to her husband, and she's certainly not going to do that in front of a live audience of thousands.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-08-2010, 10:45 AM

OndrejSc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Private behavior is a different subject. But a performer on stage is like a person acting a role. What you're saying is the equivalent of saying that a married actress should never have a love scene with a male actor other than her husband.
Acting is pretending. True, an actress in a movie pretends that she is someone else for the sake of art. But a singer doesn't need to pretend to be someone else. Ergo, what a singer does is not pretending, it is for real.

Quote:
Alizée's greatest strength as a performer is her ability to connect intimately with the audience. On a subtle level, part of that is seductive.
I agree. But we differ on what is subtle. She is very attractive and there is nothing wrong with that or with being attracted to her. But I see a line between nice clothes and seductive clothes. The first get a response from me: what a beauty, the second: I'd hit that. And I just don't think Alizee is in need of that second reaction since the day she said yes to Jeremy. :-)
Old 01-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Acting is pretending. True, an actress in a movie pretends that she is someone else for the sake of art. But a singer doesn't need to pretend to be someone else. Ergo, what a singer does is not pretending, it is for real.
I'm sure that may be true for some singers, but it doesn't apply to all. A singer on stage has to "pretend" for the sake of entertainment as well.

Alizée is no exception. The best example being how she always says she is a shy person, yet, she still enjoys getting up on stage and performing.

Edit:

Quote:

Alizée's greatest strength as a performer is her ability to connect intimately with the audience. On a subtle level, part of that is seductive. It isn't the main part of what she does, unlike some, but the undercurrent is always there. If she tries to squelch that, she'll kill her talent. That's exactly what she did in the first performances after her return in 2007, up through the Moscow concert.

I completely agree. I'm thinking of the part in Amélie M'a Dit.

Last edited by wasabi622; 01-08-2010 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Ondrejsc:

Your response doesn't touch on where we disagree. Where we disagree is over whether Alizée's (or anyone else's) performance should be restricted in any way, shape or form by the fact that she is married.

I say, that it should not. I say that the only considerations impacting what she should not do as a performer are aesthetic and in terms of artistic integrity, and her marriage has absolutely nothing to do with it. Those same restrictions should apply 100% if she were single, and she should be the one to decide where they lie.

This is true in ALL art. My own is very different from hers, but I have a minor character in my novel (which will be e-published within the next month (yes, that was a shameless plug )) who is a sorcerer who has a hidden palace staffed by pretty young girls that he keeps enslaved by spells. Do you think that comports with my own personal moral code? Do you think I would ever do something like that? Of course I wouldn't, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't write about it.

Look at the pictures from the recent interview photoshoot: a revealing outfit, seductive poses, a belt that says "Boy Toy." Is she saying she's really a "Boy Toy"? Is that an invitation for you to meet up with her for a secret passionate rendezvous? No. It's art, that's all. The suggestion is there as part of the art, but everyone knows it's not real. And the same is true for anything she does on stage.

She doesn't want to go the slutty route, and has said that, and I think she's right, but it has nothing to do with the fact that she's married. If she DID become an on-stage sleaze, that would not be in any way a betrayal of her marriage or her husband. It would however be a betrayal of her artistic self-respect. That -- not her marriage -- is why she doesn't want to do it.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-08-2010, 12:52 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
well, that pic and some others were taken from her facebook gallery. But yeah, since not everyone can access her fb gallery, how are we supposed to know?.
Okej, but that was like, 2009 or something, I don't even remember it was so long ago. It's time to move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
If there's a problem, she can contact you herself to settle it.
Yea right, and Neil Armstrong acctually was on the moon...

<3