Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-22-2007, 07:05 AM

Capn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piblokto View Post
Killian, originally Cocaine is a J.J.Cale's song.

Now who is J.J.Cale ???
this is true but you fail to mention how Clapton made it a famous song along with After Midnight

Old 09-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piblokto View Post
Killian, originally Cocaine is a J.J.Cale's song.

Now who is J.J.Cale ???
I know, but Clapton made many songs famous, and made them his own. Look at Will & the Hand Jive, Nobody Knows when You're Down and Out, Cocaine, I Shot the Sheriff, Over the Rainbow... The list is endless.

Cocaine is one of the most widely known songs he played, and as such I used it to try and jog Rocket's memory.

This is the same argument as in the other thread about LIB and Alizée.

Oh and J.J. Cale is a friend of Clapton's who collaborated with him on the 2006 album The Road to Escondido. he is also a very well known, and highly acclaimed recording artist in his own right. Infact both Clapton and Knopfler have said he influenced them, particularly Clapton. HE has been around since the 60's and if I didn't know him, I couldn't call myself a music fan, now could I?

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:31 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

My dad let me borrow some of his Clapton vinyls. Never heard of any of the songs. To be honest, I didn't care for any of songs I heard.

As far as the Beatles, I've heard of them, just don't know any of their songs.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
My dad let me borrow some of his Clapton vinyls. Never heard of any of the songs. To be honest, I didn't care for any of songs I heard.

As far as the Beatles, I've heard of them, just don't know any of their songs.
Every time someone doesn't like Clapton, God kills a puppy.

As the old saying goes, "Clapton is God, Alizée is the female equivalent of Jesus".

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VRsJlAJvOSM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VRsJlAJvOSM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

No one in the world doesn't like Tears in Heaven , do they?

Just kidding, Rocket, to each his/her own. I just need to go lie down for a minute.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:00 AM

didn't care for any of it........I need a drink of water I can't breath. Those songs are awesome. And how could you not know at least one Beatles song are you for real this is a sad sad day God just killed a whole litter of puppies.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:21 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Help! Do you want to know a secret? I'm sorry I don't know any. Maybe I need somebody to hold my hand. I feel like I want to twist and shout. Please please me by forgiving me. I should have known better than to try and remember any of their songs. Hey, it's been a hard days night from working eight days a week. Yesterday I bought a ticket to ride to go see some Norwegian wood, but I wound up nowhere man. Tomorrow I'm going to drive my car to go see my friend, Michelle. Last week, me and Eleanor Rigby took her yellow submarine and went here, there and everywhere. Oh well, maybe with a little help from my friends I might remember some Beatle songs. Maybe when I'm sixty-four. Ha ha! I called my friend Julia back in the U.S.S.R. but she was no help. I even wrote to 'Dear Prudence'...No Reply. Once again, I'm sorry that I don't know any Beatle songs.

Rocket

P.S. I love you!
Old 09-22-2007, 05:58 PM

Um that was one hell of a compilation into a letter I forgive you