Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaner360 View Post
I recently found this site:

http://alizee-reflections.net/

any clue as to who it is?
docdtv can answer that.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:38 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

Just got my copy of Alizée's new CD from Amazon.fr. Awesome!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Congrats DannyMac!

And does anyone have any finished translations of any of her songs on UEDS?

Cause I wanna see some final ones since I am anxious to see what she is saying. But no rush and thanks for translating
Old 04-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaner360 View Post
I recently found this site:

http://alizee-reflections.net/

any clue as to who it is?
I've never known who it is but I've used it for lyrics since my early Alizée days for very accessible translations side by side with the actual lyrics. I highly recommend it.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:03 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default Who-iz alizee-reflections.net?

A quick "whois" lookup reveals that alizee-reflections.net is registered to a Michael D____ in Dublin. That's in Ireland!

And I agree with Rawdg - that site is a treasure trove! Early on, I tried to do translations of Alizée's songs myself. What a chore! Then I discovered alizee-reflections and this site, and the rest is history.

Aaronius, for finished translations, you'll just have to scroll up this thread until you get to the last versions posted for each of the songs. That may all you can do, I don't know if any of the other translators are coming back to work here or not. Personally, there's still only one or two things I might want to change or add to the trans`s of "Grand Central" and/or "14 Décembre". But no guarantee how soon I'd be back to do that - I'm planning to ask some French pen-pals.

Therefore, I recommend you do that, go ahead and start putting these onto your other thread. If anything else comes up later, we can just message you with whatever specific edits we still might feel compelled to get in there.

I mean - the good people of the forum want and need what you're trying to provide! But if you wait until all the translators involved say they're all completely done with all ten songs*, you'll be as old as me!
_________
*Ben, dammit, when are you ever gonna get that "Limelight" done and up here?
Old 04-12-2010, 12:12 AM

Oh hey don't worry about it. I was expecting you guys to get it done in maybe a couple of months, cause I heard the Psych translations took a while to perfect. So yah no rush.

And I was going to try and wait until all the UEDS trans were done so I can update the file so one could download every trans in existence of her songs...but I will see whats in here and decide if I want to post 'em one by one or whatever. I was hoping maybe AF would do the translations so I could just cite 'emCause they seem to get it done at the speed of light, those darn AF'rs
Old 04-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Wow, rereading the lyrics of Grand Central I can't believe we didn't understand earlier: "Tout le monde descend." = "Everybody gets off." It is a train station after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
(*1) (Toc, apologies! Lemme 'splain: I admit, "peu" usually means "few", but sometimes "little". I personally think Etienne may have chosen "peu" instead of "petit" for the lyrical flow. To me, saying "we are so few" just couldn't have made sense in this song.
Okay, I was just thinking of Grand Central being full to the brim with people, and, after getting off the train, Alizée and co. (or whoever is speaking) realize how few they are in comparison to the crowd.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:14 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
Wow, rereading the lyrics of Grand Central I can't believe we didn't understand earlier: "Tout le monde descend." = "Everybody gets off." It is a train station after all.
Okay, I was just thinking of Grand Central being full to the brim with people, and, after getting off the train, Alizée and co. (or whoever is speaking) realize how few they are in comparison to the crowd.
Oh my god. Now I feel like a real idiot. Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh, and I just noticed that unfortunately they changed from the original lyrics a bit I guess because at the end there was 'everyone gets off' and then followed by 'no one waits for her' and having that together we can understand what is being said there. Interestingly, the original followed those with ,mais ('but'), leaving me of course to wonder "but what?". I wonder if some tiny nuance of the story was lost there.

Hey, I seem to recall in my talk with Rob a few months ago that he said he'd do translations. I wonder if I could get a hold of him again. Hmmm.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 04-13-2010 at 01:22 AM..
Old 04-13-2010, 01:18 AM

Since when did you talk to Rob?!?! That is so Awesome! And yah if you could hook us up with tranny's from him that'd be amazing That would speed stuff up faster then the LHC