Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Ray's random thoughts and conclusions.

1 - They (Sony) just throw release dates out there to get the Twitter world to ease off.
2 - They really did intend to release Oct 1, as they ordered the pocket mirrors. They had a good enough estimate of how many they'd need, got some extras in case more boxes were pre-ordered, and got some to give away and to sell individually later. These look similar:
http://www.usimprints.com/store/cust...xy-photo-dome/
3 - Sony runs her Facebook page and website, and she refers us to it when they add to it.
4 - ACDLA wasn't intended to be a test but it turned out that way. The video may never be released.
5 - They are reviewing and reworking the songs for the album.
6 - Alizée wishes it could have been delivered as promised but it's not in her hands.
7 - Alizée is wonderful and everything she does is great.

Once again, just random thoughts with no basis behind them.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:19 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Or perhaps Sony doesn't like the album and Alizée have to re-do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
Maybe they know something you don't know? .... perhaps... they know when they will release the album they are making?
*sigh* As I said above the date doesn't make any sense - because it's neither a Monday nor it's good timing because of the Enfoirés but if you don't want to believe these facts... it's definitely not something I would make up. So unless the deluxe box will be released earlier than the standard edition of the album (which wouldn't make a lot of sense either) the date on the page is utter nonsense like the "release date" 1st December 2012...

if the above sounds rude I apologise in advance.
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 09-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

We will never know, so dont let your mind assume negative reasons!
Old 09-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
Or perhaps Sony doesn't like the album and Alizée have to re-do it?

*sigh* As I said above the date doesn't make any sense - because it's neither a Monday nor it's good timing because of the Enfoirés but if you don't want to believe these facts... it's definitely not something I would make up. So unless the deluxe box will be released earlier than the standard edition of the album (which wouldn't make a lot of sense either) the date on the page is utter nonsense like the "release date" 1st December 2012...

if the above sounds rude I apologise in advance.
I don't mean to sound rude either... I just think that we should be giving them the benefit of the doubt since they are making the album... that's all.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:41 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Ray's random thoughts and conclusions.
4 - ACDLA wasn't intended to be a test but it turned out that way. The video may never be released.....
Or, more likely, it will be released after the album is released (my guess would be a month or 2 later).
Old 09-18-2012, 06:19 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I don't believe that the album wasn't ready or should I say wasn't done. I think they'd like to convey the thought that it wasn't done yet and they need more time, but I think it was done and Sony looked at it, didn't like it, knew it wouldn't sell and decided to redo it.

Now it could be that this album was in serious jeapordy at some recent point and there's a small chance that it's still in jeapordy but I think it's gone past that stage. As I said, I think Sony didn't like what they had a few weeks ago and gave some serious consideration as what to do at that point. Now if they saw little hope, they would have thrown in the towel, but I think they saw that the album shows a lot of promise and they will do what ever it takes to make this work.

I think there are probably more people who are involved with it now which is a great thing. I was disappointed that they released the first song when it still needed a lot of work. I think they probably brought in more people with more expertise and they will see this through.

I don't think we've heard anything that definitively casts in concrete that Sony has decided to move on with this and I think the only positive proof we will get is when we see Alizee back in the studio. This could take a while because I think they will want to replace some of the songs they have in place. I'd say that would be about another month. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:57 PM
devotée d'Alizée

stephenfalken is on a distinguished road
Cool

Holy crap Scruffy, that's the most speculative extrapolation I've ever seen in a single post. I guess I could understand it if you worked in the studio for Sony France on the record. But if you're here in the states, and if you're just another Alizée fan like the rest of us, and if you don't have some special inside information, then man that's some wild, wild reaching.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:49 AM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
big shit they are working hard... what they did the whole summer and last days? they promissed videoclip month ago - nothing, now waiting half year and maybe more for album... if it will come out...

I thought Sony is really taking this album to their hands in the best form, started with mail newsletter, message videos, video live chat... but now, they showed us how INCOMPETENT they are! And Im not the only one who thinks the same way
I thought you were the most level-headed Alizee fan here. I felt the same as you when I heard the news, so I don't blame you. That's why I purposely stayed away from here until I calmed down.

After reading the latest posts here, I conclude that something did come up that changed the deadline so dramatically. Although Alizee didn't seem to be in the studio enough (maybe 3 or 4 trips to Paris?), and she had more photos of her out drinking and on the beach than in the studio, she seemed to be content and gave us no indication that there would be a delay in the release until the beginning of the month. I think Sony is calling the shots.

TV networks cancel shows in the middle of a season if it isn't performing well, so they aren't thinking about the fans. It's possible Sony can entirely shelve the whole album. This sudden news might not even be about Alizee. It may be due to problems with Sony.

The only problem I see is that Alizee/Sony took orders for the album already, collected the cash, and now expect people to wait another 3 to 6 months for it. Sony should have to refund the money or offer a "I'm sorry" gift. Maybe have Alizee personally call all 1000+ people who ordered and apologize and tell them to hold on. Of course, she'll be speaking in French and no one will know what she's saying, but they'll recognize the voice and be happy anyway.

Okay, I just thought of the perfect consolation gift for the fans with special orders: let them have what Alizee did so far and release it as an Alizee 'demos' CD to be included with the final release.

Last edited by JoeNY; 09-22-2012 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: update
Old 09-22-2012, 01:56 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Well IF there is a new album and IF JJ Goldman is credited anywhere on it, we'll at least know where the blame lies.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:34 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenfalken View Post
Holy crap Scruffy, that's the most speculative extrapolation I've ever seen in a single post. I guess I could understand it if you worked in the studio for Sony France on the record. But if you're here in the states, and if you're just another Alizée fan like the rest of us, and if you don't have some special inside information, then man that's some wild, wild reaching.
Well it is exactly speculation but I see a lot of people here who see the album being put off as a sign of the end of the world or at least the potential end of the album, probably because just like me they find it depressing when they've been told the release would be on a certain date and suddenly it's put off for almost 3 months.

I do find it discouraging but I try to look at it matter of factly.
They had set up a release date.
It didn't make that date.
Who ever was in charge of producing it I'm sure had to answer to someone higher up as to why it didn't make that date and whoever they had to answer to, I'm sure would have wanted to have seen what they had up to this point, and if they didn't like it, they would have deep sixed it.
It wasn't canceled, so they must of seen promise for it and let the project continue and I think the longer it continues the more refining will be done and the better it will be.

It's speculation, but I don't think it's wild speculation. It's based on how I think a lot of companies work such as Boeing, Intel or Genereal Electric. When one department sets the completion date for a new airlplane, a new engine or a new chip and it doesn't meet that dead line, that department has to answer to someone else. Now there's a lot more money on the line with cases like this. There are airlines who have contracts to have new aircraft delivered by a certain date or there is a company like Boeing that has a contract with G.E. to have engines delivered by a certain date, but do you think a company like Sony runs things much differently?

I don't. They have profits to worry about. They have competition to worry about so I'm sure they use a very similar business model. Dead lines have to be met and if they're not, there better be a good reason.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-22-2012 at 04:40 PM..

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...