Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road
Default The Alizée America Birthday Fan Art Contest!

Contest FAQ

Q: I'm an Alizée fan, but I'm not from America. Can I still enter/vote?

A: Of course! Even though the site is called Alizée America, ours is an international community consisting of fans from all over the world! (In fact, I'm actually Canadian myself, eh! :P)

Q: I'm a new Alizée fan (or I'm an Alizée fan who's new to Alizée America). Can I still enter/vote?

A: Anybody who's a member here at Alizée America is welcome to vote or submit an entry...but remember that the contest is being voted on my the members of the community. Hopefully the cream will rise to the top, and people won't be averse to voting for a really great project from a newcomer...but it still wouldn't hurt to get to know people here, and let them get to know you, before posting your magnum opus.

(Caveat to the above: Like I said, I will be monitoring the contest threads for shenanigans. This includes looking for multiple accounts created by the same person. Let's keep it honest, OK? Keep your sock puppets in your sock drawer, please. )

Q: How many times can I enter?

A: Community members are limited to one entry apiece in each of the four categories. This means you can submit both a video and a song, or a poem and drawing, but you can't submit both a poem and a short story, since they're both in the 'Writing' category. (You can develop as many different ideas from the same category in the forum as you want up until the deadline, though. So don't hesitate to "test drive" your ideas with the community on the forum before you settle on the one you want to submit!)

Q: Are we allowed to collaborate with other members?

A: Absolutely! In fact, we encourage it! Just keep in mind that you're restricted by the 'one entry per category' rule. If you and a friend are co-writing a story, that means you can't submit a poem of your own, too.

Q: My project doesn't fit into any of your narrowly defined categories!

A: Actually, I've tried to keep the categories as broad as possible, but if you're not sure where it fits, PM me and we'll figure it out together.

Q: What do I get if I win?

A: Bragging rights, mainly. You get to see your creation immortalized on the front page of Alizée America on Alizée's birthday, and the warm, satisfactory glow of a job well done.

Q: No seriously, what do I get if I win?

A: Well OK...it's top secret, so don't go telling everybody...but the winners will also receive a free, very exclusive piece of custom Alizée America swag. We don't want to reveal what it is just yet, but it's something that the community has been asking for, for a long time. Stay tuned for details!

Q: What happens if two projects get the same number of votes?

A: In the event of a tie, the winner in that category will be chozen by the staff of Alizée America.

Q: My concept is a little "edgy"/"controversial"/"adult in nature". Is that OK?

A: Contest entries will be held to the same standards as any other forum post on Alizée America, so the same rules apply: no politics, no religion, and nothing that would offend Alizée. I'd also prefer we err on the side of caution, and avoid any strong language. If you feel your project pushes the envelope on this, PM me and we'll discuss it. (But, uh, do keep in mind the whole "Happy Birthday" theme, huh?)

Q: Why do we have to stick to the "Happy Birthday" theme?

A: Um, because that's kind of the whole point of the contest? If you have an unrelated Alizée project you'd like the world to see, we have this whole other section for that!

Tags
birthday, contest, fan art, faq