Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-16-2012, 02:13 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Question What 'roots' will she favor more?

After listening to Alizée for the first time in a few weeks, I flipped it over to A Quoi Re Ville Un Fille (im tired, i know i mispelled). And it made me wonder...what parts of her past songs will she embrace the most with this new album?

She is obviously using real string and brass instruments with this new album so I think we can expect some slow ballads like those on Gourmandises...but what else do you think she will put a new spin on?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I'm hoping she records more songs like ACC. That song has beautiful, soaring instrumentals and with the instruments we saw it would sound amazing

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 05-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I'm hoping she records more songs like ACC. That song has beautiful, soaring instrumentals and with the instruments we saw it would sound amazing
Indeed, ACC just has an amazing rich chocolate coating of awesomeness lathered all over it. But really, the tone is so rich and I agree the strings and brass, plus her matured vocals would bring that style to life once again.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:13 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

ACC is still my favorite.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:28 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

This is just wishful thinking but I'm hoping for a mega-hit like "Moi Lolita". I still remember how I felt when I first heard it. It was the 2nd song I've ever heard of hers, with the 1st one being a cover of Madonna's "La Isla Bonita." I put "Moi Lolita" on repeat for over an hour. I couldn't stop. And then...well, we all know what happened next: under the Alizée spell permanently.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Indeed, ACC just has an amazing rich chocolate coating of awesomeness lathered all over it. But really, the tone is so rich and I agree the strings and brass, plus her matured vocals would bring that style to life once again.
Aaron I had to read what you wrote 4 times because my eyes kept wandering off to your new Alizée picture in the sig. God. I'm drawn to her like a mouse to cheese.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q

Last edited by Rictor; 05-16-2012 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-20-2012, 04:58 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

You cannot imagine how happy I was when I saw the pictures of them recording live strings...

As far as what roots she will embrace, it might lean to a more classic Alizée sound with the presence of strings, but the songwriting strength will probably not be anything similar. UEDS is possibly the only album by any artist I enjoy that was marred so tremendously by a bad sound. I don't think that will be a problem this time, so if that's the case the songwriting will be more in the forefront of the judging than it was for UEDS, for me anyway.

I still hope there will be a day when we see her name in the writing credits for even just one song, even if it sucks.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:33 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
I still hope there will be a day when we see her name in the writing credits for even just one song, even if it sucks.
I was hoping for this also. At least we'll get to know how she really thinks/feels. Instead of some random songwriters who "put words in her mouth."
Although, I have to add she really interprets most songs very well!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:09 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I'm interested in how good the people composing this new album will be. In a word LB's music was very, very "charming". The music complimented Alizee's capabilities as a singer very well.

I wish she could hook up with producer/songwriter Calvin Harris for this album, he has worked magic with other artists. He was behind Rihanna's "We Found Love" and Cheryl Cole's new single (skip to 1:05) :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IYT6rbxNn30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd love to see Alizee sing something like this. Cheryl Cole is not even a strong singer by any means and this works great for her.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 06-11-2012, 03:09 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

I am hoping she sticks to her slow romantic melodies such as ACC, Tempete, L'Mail, and a few styles from her 4th album although nit many liked that album. Alizee to me is a Soft Comtemporary singer nit a Hard Contemporary singer. I love her voice above all. She nees to romance her fans to death.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:27 PM

texasguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
I am hoping she sticks to her slow romantic melodies such as ACC, Tempete, L'Mail, and a few styles from her 4th album although nit many liked that album. Alizee to me is a Soft Comtemporary singer nit a Hard Contemporary singer. I love her voice above all. She nees to romance her fans to death.
Agree with MZ. I could listen to Lui ou toi, Tempête, Cœur déjà pris, Eden Eden all day, some of my favorite Alizée songs. All bring a tear to my eye.