Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
If you count voice overs as live performances yes if not then none of them are .

Oh, you didn't know?
And you said you weren't the douchebag in the Frat Pack?
Old 12-14-2009, 07:36 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
And you said you weren't the douchebag in the Frat Pack?
nah I just said we weren't all mean .

Old 12-14-2009, 08:56 PM
RE ou bien CHIPE

rehochipe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
While we were in Mexico, we had a great time with the energy and furvor over Alizée. There was much press concerning Alizée. So, even though we didn't know Spanish, being hard core fans, we collected as many newspapers mentioning anything about Alizée as we could.

For whoever is interested, I scanned them. I'm not so sure I even want to know what they are saying. I'm sure there were some complimentary comments, but I think they talk alot about how Alizée's performance was not like her image publicized in Mexico - not like the sexy scantily-clad fish-dance Alizée.

You can click on the photo, then on full size when ImageShack comes up to get the original.

Set 1:

There are more. I'll come back to this later.
Don't worry mister, newspapers don't say nothing that we don't know already, even after the concerts

althought pics are amazing, thanks, direct to the collection

greets

y si caminas por espinas... y si caminas por el sol... sere tu protector... y te cuidare....
Old 12-15-2009, 02:29 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Jung, Barrett, alright enough already guys, we get it. You're welcome to stick around here socially, but it's still a fan site. Constant negativity isn't appreciated. We all know Alizée lip-syncs on TV, and that her live performances aren't perfect, but many of us still enjoy both. The Mexico concerts being a perfect example. Thanks for the scans Roman! The papers may be cynical and stuck on her old image, but the euphoria of the fans at those shows is something I'll never forget.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:16 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

It wasn't all negative, I have at least one positive comment in there.

Just stating the truth anyway.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Yeah but sometimes the truth hurts lol. I personally love both I could realy care less if she lip singed or whatever its still enjoyable.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:56 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default more newspapers

I personally thought the use of furniture and other props was a nice touch. It made the staging of the performances more interesting. And the arliquins/clowns, I don't know who's idea that was, but it seemed like an Alizée type of thing to do if you look at her performances throughout 2008. She thought it was interesting I'll guess. Some of it was. I liked when they were in the big hamster balls, ok bubbles. Alizée attempted to work off of what she learned from doing her previous concerts in 2003 I think. Other people would not have a concert like that. Alizée had a lot of energy and she did what she could to make a good concert and that helped a lot.

And yes, so many people knew nothing about Alizée except the sexy dance they saw on tv, apparently. For anyone paying any attention to Alizée, it was no surprise at all that she did not do the dance from 2003 or with the black fishy outfit. Probably most people didn't even know that all that had happened 5 years before. This is what happens going from one country to another. Oh well, it allowed us fans to have that experience.

My interest since then has faded. I used to have a sense of urgency about seeing Alizée and capturing the moment that would soon be gone. Sure enough, it was gone too soon and I really couldn't maintain that feeling forever, especially without Alizée's presence. But, as an adoring fan, going to those concerts was the greatest thing. Frankly, it was probably being in love with Alizée and going where everyone could share the same enthusiasm and meeting with people I kind of knew, like Ben and others, and people I didn't know, that made it such a great time beyond the quality of the concert, though it was good too. It's just that such an experience is much more than the music.

And even after a year (or almost) watching the video of the concerts once again, I'm sure I shed a tear reminiscing about how great I felt to be near Alizée, how cool it was to fight through the crowd and touch her hand, and how overwhelmed when she was leaving. Most of the pain I get from Alizée is being reminded of how much I wanted that Alizée magic and how it has left and been gone so long. It's true that Alizée does not maintain her prescence and it has been frustrating to see her fans go away because she didn't keep up her side of the relationship. You have to decide if that will make you leave or you'll keep coming back anyway. I've learned to accept it, even if I don't like it. I don't think I'll ever return to how I felt, but each time I really start thinking maybe the new album is coming, the ears sort of perk up, you know?

If you get a chance to go to an Alizée concert and you are feeling like the kind of fan I was, take whatever chance you get to go see her and meet someone from the forums. It might be a really great experience that you can't match elsewhere. You probably won't be a fan forever and there will be an album which is the last album even if it isn't this next one, but so what? Enjoy the times that you can.

And... I scanned them; so, here they are, the rest of the newspapers:
Set 3:
2008-06-18 Gente (newspaper)

2008-06-18 Récord

2008-06-18 Metro - Mexico, D.F.

2008-06-19 Excelsior - Mexico, D.F.

2008-06-20 El Informador - Guadalajara

And I have to explain about this one. There was an autograph signing in March 2008 in Mexico City. I went and hung out with Sir Wood while I was there. Just before going in after waiting a full day in line (some people much longer) it was canceled because Alizée attracted so much attention that the entire mall was mobbed and a near riot broke out causing Lili to literally flee the building. I was rather heartbroken as you might imagine. The next day we went back to the music store because some people said that we might be able to at least pick up a signed copy of Psychédélices. Alizée did eventually sign 500 copies, but it took a couple days before one could go pick one up and we had to leave before then. Anyway, while we were waiting around, a reporter came and talked to us and we agreed to do a photograph holding our copies of the album. I don't know if it was a good idea or not, but there it is. I don't remember what it says, but we did check it and I guess it was ok.
Sadly, the day before we had had tv guys and radio people walk along the line and talk to us. Everyone was quite happy that day. I don't think that ever made the air in the wake of this "disaster". Fortunately, the concerts happened and swept all that away as far as I was concerned. And before it went bad, it was really cool to meet Josh and Rehochipe and all the other great Mexican fans that were there. Thanks again guys, for your help.
2008-03-07 Reforma - Mexico, D.F.

And here's one with RCS. That reminds me of the thing RCS noted with amusement which you will see... the newspapers do tend to have covers with color graphics of dead bodies strewn about... and Alizée. All the juicy stuff goes on the cover eh?
2008-03-06 Milenio - Mexico, D.F.

This one is missing the interior page. Not sure what happened there.
2008-03-06 Metro - Mexico, D.F.

2008-03-06 El Centro - Mexico, D.F.

2008-03-06 El Universal - Mexico, D.F.

Link to the other sets.

By the way, if you want to know, I created these using a regular flat bed scanner, Microsoft ICE to stitch images together (some of these single pages are 6 scans stitched together), and maybe GIMP for some rotation and cropping if necessary.

Merci Fanny
Old 12-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Bienvenue à Lilly Town Valley.

Maquis is on a distinguished road

Wow Roman, that's awesome thanks for sharing.
Yeah that's pretty weird seeing random infos, with Alizée between the sad news, murders and such.

So you guys made it to the newspaper, you're famous now.

Man I see why she had to cancel the autograph signing, this one especially:

Resident Evil in Mexico.
Brainnnssss!

Seemed like a really nice try anyway, too bad there was no way I could go there, maybe next time I hope.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:29 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquis View Post
Wow Roman, that's awesome thanks for sharing.
Yeah that's pretty weird seeing random infos, with Alizée between the sad news, murders and such.

So you guys made it to the newspaper, you're famous now.

Man I see why she had to cancel the autograph signing, this one especially:

Resident Evil in Mexico.
Brainnnssss!

Seemed like a really nice try anyway, too bad there was no way I could go there, maybe next time I hope.
hehe, I was actually in Le Parisien before that, a much happier occasion/reason. Alizée took me off of her MySpace along with everything else. Maybe I'll have to get another Lili tattoo.

Merci Fanny
Old 12-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Bienvenue à Lilly Town Valley.

Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
hehe, I was actually in Le Parisien before that, a much happier occasion/reason. Alizée took me off of her MySpace along with everything else. Maybe I'll have to get another Lili tattoo.
Waaaaaiiit.

I didn't even notice that your avatar was the back of your shoulder with a tatoo on it.

Now I know I saw you somewhere.