Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Merci Alizée

I wasn't able to get into that discussion. But seriously I don't understand what Jung wants to prove here. There has been a lot discussed about the population in which she is popular, the statistics and surveying, gays etc.
Well, there are a lot of thing which we know and accept like her popularity has decreased in France and she is famous in Gay club. Its ok. Getting her base strong again in France is certainly very important for her and she is liked by all kind of people all over world. If her popularity has decreased her home country or her concert seats are not filled then why Jung is so fired up about her? What he wants to say? Is that she is meaningless now and all those fans who love still love her are fooling themselves in doing so?
Old 12-22-2009, 12:32 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Woah, guys and girls,

Take a deep breath, count to ten, whatever you have to do but please calm it down a bit.

This is a fantastic forum. Everyone is more than just friends. We support each other, help each other out and do numerous other things that are not the usual things that happen on other forums.

Yes, we can disagree (and frequently do), but lets keep it civil..eh?
Old 12-22-2009, 01:39 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

i have read this whole thread from beginning to end and have a few things to say.

i agree with jung to the fact that alizee's popularity is waning in france. the proof of this was the lack of ticket sales of her concert at the rex. jung, if i were you, i would stand behind that fact alone.

just because an artist fails in his/her country does not mean that they are not popular anywhere else. alizee is losing popularity in france but gaining it in mexico in a huge way.

shakira was once the hottest artist in her home country of columbia. today she could not fill a bath tub with fans. ha ha. yet her concert in mexico city drew the largest outdoor audience (over 200,000) in the history of mexico city.

when i was a little girl i remember 'where in the world is carmen sandiego?' the group who sang it was rockapella. although they were not that popular in the u.s.a. they were idolized in japan.

there are many other artists who have made thier mark in other countries besides their own.

i believe that instead of concentrating on her lack of popularity in france, we should encourage her popularity in other countries.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Traceur

Fyrel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
i have read this whole thread from beginning to end and have a few things to say.

i agree with jung to the fact that alizee's popularity is waning in france. the proof of this was the lack of ticket sales of her concert at the rex. jung, if i were you, i would stand behind that fact alone.

just because an artist fails in his/her country does not mean that they are not popular anywhere else. alizee is losing popularity in france but gaining it in mexico in a huge way.

shakira was once the hottest artist in her home country of columbia. today she could not fill a bath tub with fans. ha ha. yet her concert in mexico city drew the largest outdoor audience (over 200,000) in the history of mexico city.

when i was a little girl i remember 'where in the world is carmen sandiego?' the group who sang it was rockapella. although they were not that popular in the u.s.a. they were idolized in japan.

there are many other artists who have made thier mark in other countries besides their own.

i believe that instead of concentrating on her lack of popularity in france, we should encourage her popularity in other countries.
Agreed; personally I'm of the opinion that Alizée will have a very hard time getting a foothold in France again, if she can do it at all. The problem IMO is that her established image there is a cute young girl, and not many people have heard of her past that, so when she does try to come back they just see someone who's trying to capitalize on her success when she was young. She'll need something very, VERY good to capture their attention again.

Alizée has a decent chance in other countries though. As long as this album appeals to the general public, anyway. She's got a pretty face that can help move albums but it's still up to the music.

Être et durer.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I agree with Karla too. A music career is not easy to maintain for anyone, and Alizée isn't the only artist who has had to deal with canceled concerts and weak sales. There is no simple formula for success, other than just keep going for it and working hard. The public is too fickle to predict.

Ironically for Alizée, the road to France may have to pass through other countries first.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post

Alizée ,continuing to sing in French ,I tihnk, is probably the biggest reason why she should try to strengthen her base in France. I agree that her musical career can still be going on with other countries, but with her current situation France would be better place to do so
Old 12-23-2009, 12:54 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Ahh Karla,

The woman who shows reason here.

Seems to me that you've cooled us all off! At least, we're now all agreeing on it! (Me included of course)

Old 12-23-2009, 02:31 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I think, it's not that hard to gain a following, just promote.
You know, the people are sheep, they are mindless little saps waiting for a direction.

The music fits in with "what's hot" for this generation of shee... I mean, "intelligent, lovely human beings!", so all there needs to be added are promotions, decent promotions at that, and the shee... "I mean the reasonable entities of Carbon and Water!" will follow.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:53 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I think, it's not that hard to gain a following, just promote.
You know, the people are sheep, they are mindless little saps waiting for a direction.

The music fits in with "what's hot" for this generation of shee... I mean, "intelligent, lovely human beings!", so all there needs to be added are promotions, decent promotions at that, and the shee... "I mean the reasonable entities of Carbon and Water!" will follow.
That's quite right and one of the most important factor, once the album is out. Performance of Psych in France can be attributed to poor promotions too. So they will have to look out this aspect this time.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Alizee started as a child star. Child stars very rarely stay hugely popular into adulthood. Dosen't matter whether you act, sing, dance or whatever else. Once you group up, it usually tends to be the end of the line. At least in your home country. Luckily for Alizee, Mexico caught on big time so unless she can make a comeback in France, where shes considered old hat i suppose, i think she has enough for a stronghold in Mexico to establish a lengthy career.