Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I know what you mean by the 'mumbling'. I love that too! But I. Just thought it would be interesting to try to learn French different than Parisian. I was told by my teacher in sixth grade that my pronunciation was 'surprisingly accurate'. And it has been perfected by parroting Alizée. I just wish I could speak to a native French speaker in person. Just to try it out! That is one thing I have always been good at: mimicking languages.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:02 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
...I could hear Corsican ( or South) accent when Alizée was talking, at her debuts. But now, i would say she's practically lost it.

What she didn't lost is her way to prononce the words. It's her own way. Like Vanessa Paradis has a very recognizable one.
Could you speak more about this please?
Old 05-04-2010, 03:14 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
I know what you mean by the 'mumbling'. I love that too! But I. Just thought it would be interesting to try to learn French different than Parisian. I was told by my teacher in sixth grade that my pronunciation was 'surprisingly accurate'. And it has been perfected by parroting Alizée. I just wish I could speak to a native French speaker in person. Just to try it out! That is one thing I have always been good at: mimicking languages.
Well, again, get a fricking computer! And then look up groups in your area. Here, there is a French meet-up group at meetup.com. Or use the old-fashioned way to look things up. You might just find a group interested in speaking French with a couple "natives" hanging out there as well.
Or, when you magically get a few thousand dollars, rent an apartment in Paris for a couple months and go to the Alliance Française.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-04-2010, 05:55 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Could you speak more about this please?

It's just the fact that some artists get a very particular way of saying some words, that make you wish who's speaking, even with closed eyes...
I thought to Vanessa, cause she have a very special way of speaking, and a very sensual way of singing...

But i think you have to be french to really feel that...
Old 05-04-2010, 07:46 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
It's just the fact that some artists get a very particular way of saying some words, that make you wish who's speaking, even with closed eyes...
I thought to Vanessa, cause she have a very special way of speaking, and a very sensual way of singing...

But i think you have to be french to really feel that...
Well, Alizée had a very sensual way of singing JEAM and I heard that the first time I ever saw her. I started learning French two weeks later.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-04-2010, 09:11 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Lol roman. I have already been provided a list of French meetup groups. I think there is a public library in Petersburg with internet. I will have trouble getting there, my dad would kill me were he to know I went to the library. Because I have been (unsuccessfully) been searching for a job, and if I took time instead to do anything about France, French, Alizée, or even French fries, he would kill me.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:49 PM

Orion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniCom View Post
I'm going to say this real simple.... c'est l'accent Corse. It's her Corsican accent that you are probably hearing. Everybody loves it.
I don't remember exactly when, maybe in 2003-04 I remember there was a discussion about her French accent, and this was in the French media, I think. It was that Corsican accent that, with her popularity, got the subject going. Over at AF we have a thread on this from WAY back when. I'll try to find it and update you guys on the past discussion, since it was the media that asked the question about her accent/dialect. . .

Later, dudes and dudettes.