Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-18-2008, 09:20 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Alizee's Stalingrad!

So Alizee has started her world tour. She looks like a house wife now. She sounds like a house wife now. It's just a question if she'll be able to sell off a bunch of her origionnal fans on her new "re-orchestrated music". You'd have better odds betting on the U.S. economy. Enjoy her while you can. I wish her the best, but I fear the worst. Tick, tick, tick.....

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-19-2008 at 07:41 AM..
Old 05-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Why are you even here scruffy? All you do is create negative threads or hijack other ones so you can bash on Alizée. It would be one thing if she had already done her tour, but you keep saying the same things over and over as if you are hoping she has no success just because you don't like her style.

Not only have you repeated the same point you flamed other threads with, but you once again put in the extra effort to be as rude as you can with a point you could have made in one short sentence.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:35 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road

This is an odd thread, and I'm not sure what you're trying to say... But I agree, she is styling herself like a housewife these days, and I'm none too fond of it.

And before someone says one of the following:

- She can't always be a Lolita.
- She's being true to herself and doing what makes her happy.
- Artists change.

...let me say that I like her for the product she produces -- the stellar blending of image, music and performance art -- and lately that product has been lackluster where image and performance art is concerned, and quite frankly that's what pays the bills and that's what matters if you want to see her around in the foreseeable future. I don't care about her as a person -- and I think anyone here who does is phony, because we don't even know her as a person, she could be a bitch for all we know -- but I do care for the entertainment she brings us. And where choreography, stage presence and image are concerned, she's dead in the water...

Unless.

Unless something has drastically changed behind the scenes, and we'll see the fruits of said change in full bloom at the concerts. Here's hoping. I've been listening to her music everyday for several years now, and I'd hate to see her fade into obscurity because she couldn't get her act together in the other two-thirds of the pop package.

(But my god her music is so good).
Old 05-18-2008, 09:48 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
she could be a bitch for all we know
No, she could not.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Housewife?

Old 05-18-2008, 09:53 PM
You must recover!

For a starlet like her, half the act is how you conduct yourself in public. It's a facade, and chances are the personality behind the "mask" is equally charming, but there's always the chance it is not. I guess unless one of us gets to know her personally, we'll never know.

It's funny, because while we slam the paparazzi for invading her privacy, the few shots they've brought us are our only glimpse of the authentic Lili.

Either way, it's nothing to get bent out of shape over. Appreciate her for her art. She doesn't know us, and we don't know her (and by "know" I mean really know).

But I know this much: her music is fantastic, and that's what matters.

EDIT: Snatcher, yes, she does look like a housewife in that pic. I think it has a lot to do with the old-fashioned haircut and how she's always wearing those loose slips now. She has a great body; she should take advantage of it with the more form-fitting outfits she used to wear. Something updated for her maturity, but still sleek.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

I'd like to meet a housewife who looks like that. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio View Post
She has a great body
Mmm, we don't really know if she still does. And I wouldn't change that haircut for the world, I love it!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:04 PM

mibir is on a distinguished road

I'm having a hard time calling that dressing as a house wife. To me it seems to be something I'd expect her to wear. Something that shows off some of her body, usually legs, but doesn't go too far. Besides, how many times has your friend's mom worn something like that?

As far as sounds like a house-wife goes, I'm not entirely sure what this means. I think she is singing as beautifully as ever and I can only assume you are attacking this. Why? I don't know.

And Neiteio, you're right we don't know her. Be this as it may, I have a very hard time believing she's a bitch. She'd be putting up quite the facade for around 8 years now. I would think by now something would have gotten out.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:08 PM
You must recover!

I could show you my cousin, who looks exactly like her in those pics with the black outfit (the new ones, not the JEAM ones). You don't have to believe me, nor would I expect you to, and I'm not going to violate my cousin's privacy by posting pics of her to the Internet. I guess the point I'm making is, it's something of a roadblock to me finding her new look attractive.

That being said, Snatcher, I think she still has a good body, at least in terms of her silhouette. She could still wear something tight, I think, because she's thin enough for it. And it's not about wearing tight clothes for the sake of sexiness, people -- it simply looks sleek and cool. I loved the JEAM outfit in particular for that aspect. The JEAM sailor outfit was like a ninja -- FROM THE FUTURE.

It really feels like there's no planning going on here. It's like they're winging everything they're doing. Improv on a grand scale! What's next, they'll have clowns rolling around in giant clear plastic balls?

Oh wait.

EDIT: I don't have a problem with her voice. I think her third album is better than ever. It's Scruffy who complained about the singing.

Last edited by Neiteio; 05-18-2008 at 10:11 PM..
Old 05-18-2008, 10:15 PM

mibir is on a distinguished road

The singing part was directed at Scruffy, I guess I should have made that more clear. And the clowns rolling around, yes, a little odd.

I guess it comes down to personal opinion in the end. I love the hair and have no problems with the dress. It's crucial to keep in mind as well, this is only one performance and we have no idea what the future may hold. If you enjoy what you see already, good for you. If not, I wouldn't give up on things yet.