Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-24-2007, 08:01 PM

josh982 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 7 minutes without energy

well i received an e-mail with a really good proposal about the global warming
ill write the main idea because as you can see im not really good with my english:
this proposal reborns from caracas

ON SATURDAY, THE 11TH OF AUGUST of 2007, from 19:53 to 20:HRSwe have to turn off the lights of or homes,to give a breath to our planet the earth.if theres a worlwide response energy savings must be really amazing.they are just 7 minutes please we have to take concience about the global warming.we all know that Internet has a lot of power and we can make something big. THANK YOU... DONT FORGET IT! " The World is in the hands of those that have the courage of dreaming and taking the risk of living their dreams
Old 07-24-2007, 08:13 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

seems like a good idea, but i dont think it would help out much

the lights would come back on and it would just go back to how it is now. however, alot of countries are taking steps to conserve energy, and bring down C02 levels. these are just baby steps in slowing down global warming before it hits the "tipping point" where there's nothing more we can do.

eh, just let the kids deal with it 50 years from now
Old 07-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh982 View Post
well i received an e-mail with a really good proposal about the global warming
ill write the main idea because as you can see im not really good with my english:
this proposal reborns from caracas

ON SATURDAY, THE 11TH OF AUGUST of 2007, from 19:53 to 20:HRSwe have to turn off the lights of or homes,to give a breath to our planet the earth.if theres a worlwide response energy savings must be really amazing.they are just 7 minutes please we have to take concience about the global warming.we all know that Internet has a lot of power and we can make something big. THANK YOU... DONT FORGET IT! " The World is in the hands of those that have the courage of dreaming and taking the risk of living their dreams
That's like the worst idea ever... It would consume more energy to turn on all the lights again. So, no that's a bad idea.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:02 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

well i disagree, see at least were letting it breath i mean that is the most we can do right, i mean like honestly we are the ones suffocating it in the first place besides i won't be turning my lights back on.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhehe View Post
well i disagree, see at least were letting it breath i mean that is the most we can do right, i mean like honestly we are the ones suffocating it in the first place besides i won't be turning my lights back on.
You'll last 30 minutes at the most .

But, in all honestly, this isn't a great idea at all. I mean the air has been polluted since the 1800's and the industrial revolution in Britain. Do you think seven minutes could make that big a difference. It could help, but not in any drastic way. Slow down Global Warming for seven minutes, wow, what a difference .

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:57 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
You'll last 30 minutes at the most .

But, in all honestly, this isn't a great idea at all. I mean the air has been polluted since the 1800's and the industrial revolution in Britain. Do you think seven minutes could make that big a difference. It could help, but not in any drastic way. Slow down Global Warming for seven minutes, wow, what a difference .
you kidding i practically live in the dark, i prefer to go hunting with my rifle in the dark just to get some fresh air. it's just i have no one to actually take me hunting most of the time so i go on the computer. besides even if i am on the computer most of the lights in my hosue are off.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Banned

thats amazazazing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post
That's like the worst idea ever... It would consume more energy to turn on all the lights again. So, no that's a bad idea.
I don't see what you mean there, but it still is a bad idea lol, won't even put a dent in it :/
Old 07-25-2007, 01:09 AM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

If fighting Global Warming makes you feel good then have at it, but I am more worried about what is going on with America's political system right now. America is going to destroy itself long before global warming burns all the trees. How about we fix the country then fix the world. A country is a lot easier to fix than an entire world. Global Warming has been going on since the 1800's and it is going to take giving up energy for 200 or more years probably to fix it. we have gone past the point of fixing it. Does this mean we shouldn't improve how live from now on, no. But we can't we can't fix what has been done. We are just going to have to live with it, and make the best of what we have left.

Last edited by Tye; 07-25-2007 at 01:20 AM..
Old 07-25-2007, 01:13 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

I know I may look evil or something for saying this, but global warming is pretty much a myth. Why do I say this? I have two reasons.

1) The main reason it supposedly exists? The fact that as temperature has "risen" the usage of energy has also risen? Moot. Just because two things follow the same general line does NOT mean that they are related. Here's one of my favourite examples:

Quote:
Did you know that eating ice cream is directly related to shark attacks?

Researchers have proven that consumption of ice cream has a direct effect on how likely you are to be eaten by sharks the same day. They noticed a direct relation between the two things happening. Whenever the quantity of ice cream purchased in a month goes up, so does the number of shark attacks!
Now wait a second, ice cream does not make you more likely to be victim of a shark. So how is there such a relation? Because when it's hot outside, people buy ice cream. When it's hot outside, people also go swimming, many of them in waters that have sharks. So obviously, there is not a direct relation between the two. The same thing goes for global warming. Just because the temperatures have gone up at the same time that we have increased our energy consumption does not mean that our energy consumption is the cause.

2) We as humans have not had the technology to accurately record average yearly temperatures since something like the 1950s. And guess what? There were days just as hot, if not hotter, than today's hot days in the 1950s as well! The huge increase in temperature we can "clearly" see is only about a degree at the most, and we can't be sure that it is even that much.

I'm sorry, but I just don't think that we're all going to die because the earth will heat up so much that the ice caps will melt and we'll all drown. Sure, we'll eventually die from the pollution we've created (I'm sure our Mexican members can tell us how clean the air is in a place like Mexico City), but we will NOT die because of global warming.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:21 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Default Actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post
I've seen an episode of Myth Busters on the discovery channel - and they proved conclusivly that turning on lights only uses energy equal to about 3 seconds of use - more for some lights - incandescent and down to about 1/3 of a second for LED lights. . . . I would say everyone shut them off for about 10 mins - kick back and close your eyes for 10 mins.... shit, stress relief and planet relief!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience