Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road
Default Other sites...

I found this one, a Farmer site with a forum on Lilly..

http://www.mf-international.com/viewforum.php?f=1

I havent seen this vid:

http://www.mf-international.com/viewtopic.php?t=4241

link to vid:
http://rapidshare.com/files/97006545....2008.MPG.html

this one also had dls of her vids...

http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbth...rmances_240_Ca

hey can anyone translate this video?

Last edited by wildfire; 09-21-2009 at 01:32 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-21-2009, 04:35 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default I can, but you're probly not gonna like it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
hey can anyone translate this video?

This is what you want translated? Who sent you???!!

Basically, the vid in question was posted by someone who loves Mylene and doesn't care at all for Alizee. Apparently, a lot of Mylene fans feel that way, even some that had been Alizee fans once, too.

I'm skipping the first 60 seconds, it's all intro saying "tonight on '100% Mag' we're looking at - famous pygmalions!"

(By pygmalions, they mean stars created by other stars. That's what it says on the bottom of the screen before you hit 'play': "People: Stars who make Stars".)

_________

Announcer: "...and it was on the 'Graines de Stars' that Mylene discovered her little girl. She saw her 'future star' before the world."

Laurent Boyer, presenter: "Never could one have imagined [such talent], but she was already just about ready. (...) She just needed work. The work came from Mylene Farmer"

(Lolita clip plays)

Announcer: "There's Alizee, in front of friends and acquaintances. And then look - the spectacular transformation (still showing the lolita clip btw), followed by success! She sells millions of records and the rest, all made by Mylene Farmer."

Fat Guy: "Mylene wanted to have Alizee become, a little bit, her thing... uhh... [She said] if there's anything I can do, she will do it in my place."

Announcer: "One day, she decided to pick up her things, and told her mentors that their contract with their pygmalion was over."

(50/60 clip plays)

Announcer: "She waited 4 years to return, but now it wasn't easy. Success did not come to meet her. Deprived of the Farmer machine, her reign goes no more."

Fat Guy: "In the reality of the moment for Alizee, it's difficult to still try and continue, hanging on a thread with her people, and without the support of Mylene Farmer it is difficult."

Announcer: "4 million discs sold with Farmer, only 50,000 alone, the artist (Alizee) further jeopardized herself when she put several shows on the fire in France."

(fin.)
_________

It's kinda sick, and not in a good way. It's just a piece of "puff journalism" to fill some airtime, so they took a couple quotes from another announcer and the nameless Fat Guy, then they tried to prove that Alizee screwed up by striking out on her own. Unfortunately, a lot of French folks do seem to see it that way. Helped by this kind of garbage. Two people of the same mindset rated this clip, both gave 5 stars.

And this was just aired in June! Sad. Go away now, wildfire, you've ruined my evening. Wait! Bring me beer.

Last edited by Chuck; 09-26-2009 at 02:29 AM..
Old 09-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Century old child!

I thought it was something to that extent...

Thank you for the translation.. well. as you know, they must be right because the press is never wrong...

To make up for it, I found this little gem on the internet... its a video shot rom the front of the stage in mexico I believe... quality not so good, but she still sparkles!

http://rapidshare.com/files/12638856...rre_by-RMJ.rar
Old 09-21-2009, 01:27 PM
amateur phlebotomist

You're very welcome, wildfire. Actually, it didn't really ruin my eve, it was good practice. And I'm only claiming about 94% accuracy, the two "talking heads" were kinda mushmouthed in parts.

But I'm still waiting for that beer! loq.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Century old child!

I hope its not too much a case of hubris on Alizee's part: much of what made her successful was the polish and guidance that Mylene gave her. However I think it was foolish for Mylene to think that she would stay with her forever. We all know how business like this work and there will be people who want Alizee to fail.. thats too bad.. because its one less unique artist out there. I like her new rock stuff, I do miss the syrupy syth stuff from before. I also miss the quieter stuff which featured her voice more like "Cœur déjà pris","Lui ou Toi", "À quoi rêve une jeune fille", "Tempête"... I think the softer stuff works with her breathy voice (which french was OBVIOUSLY designed for ).. the hard rock stuff strains her a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
You're very welcome, wildfire. Actually, it didn't really ruin my eve, it was good practice. And I'm only claiming about 94% accuracy, the two "talking heads" were kinda mushmouthed in parts.

But I'm still waiting for that beer! loq.

How about "Beer you an Hear with your Ear!"

Last edited by wildfire; 09-21-2009 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-21-2009, 02:35 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Thumbs up Paid in full!

Dam#, wildfire, yes, this is awesome. Awesome bière, bien sûr! Gracias!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-FlV6H8kxNA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-FlV6H8kxNA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
True, Mylène gave Alizée "polish and guidance" as you say. But what if Mylène was a bit of a "jealous stepmother", who didn't expect to be so upstaged by Lilly's first hits. So from then on she helped Alizée succeed, but only to a certain point, and then proceeded to make her protégée look more and more foolish for the next few years?....

Just a theory, s'all.

btw, the first "head" in the top clip, Laurent Boyer, was indeed the host on Graines de Star in 2000. I'd thought so, wasn't sure, checked, and now it doesn't even seem all that helpful. Never mind.

Last edited by Chuck; 09-21-2009 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: blahblah
Old 09-24-2009, 04:36 AM
Century old child!

Default Vive le Lilly!

hey I heard Mylene's peeps made 10 million euro or so off of all of that, so I don't think they could have been to upset. And lets face it, Mylene offered not only her expertise and her partner's song writing, but the inheritance of her fan base. I just think the Student finally left the teacher. Also a theory...

here's a version in high quality... I wanted to post the one with the translation first since I think the words are great...
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rFMtlCfsroY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rFMtlCfsroY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x94 61ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

BTW, we may not know the exact address of Lilly-town, but we know the addressof Alizee!

Alizée
12 Central Square -
PO Box 2770 -
Mashpee, MA 02649

http://alizee.com/

Last edited by wildfire; 09-24-2009 at 04:42 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-24-2009, 10:47 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Dam#, wildfire, yes, this is awesome. Awesome bière, bien sûr! Gracias!!

<object height="344" width="425">

</object>True, Mylène gave Alizée "polish and guidance" as you say. But what if Mylène was a bit of a "jealous stepmother", who didn't expect to be so upstaged by Lilly's first hits. So from then on she helped Alizée succeed, but only to a certain point, and then proceeded to make her protégée look more and more foolish for the next few years?....

Just a theory, s'all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
hey I heard Mylene's peeps made 10 million euro or so off of all of that, so I don't think they could have been to upset. And lets face it, Mylene offered not only her expertise and her partner's song writing, but the inheritance of her fan base. I just think the Student finally left the teacher. Also a theory...
Well since we're submitting theories, here's mine:

First of all there was never any kind of misunderstanding or disagreement between Alizée and Mylene, until Jérémy came to the picture. Me being a romantic kind of guy, I believe Alizée made her decisions based on love and passion and not based on her career or any disagreement with Mylene. She was very much in love, took 3 years off to start a family and have a baby. Sure she had her career in the back burner, but it was not her priority then at that particular moment in time. I think it's a little funny how some who are eager to point out how much more mature she is now and how less mature she was before (don't make me post quotes), feel that she was making a mature decision then based on what's best for her career. She was a teenager going thru different changes physically and mentally. She had a few tattoos and piercing, had her pants below her waist in the same fashion as her lover, got married and then got pregnant. That's pretty normal for a teenager in love.

As far as Mylene, I've developed a new sense of respect for her and Laurent. Never have they complained publicly or mentioned anything in regards to this matter, they've always maintain a very respectful and professional way about their affairs. It's the media and the fans who have tried to paint a negative picture of this departure. To me it's hilarious how some think that they have a better professional sense of the whole lolita image then they did. What makes anyone think that they wanted to maintain Alizée's lolita image forever is beyond any common sense to me. Anyone who's a little observant can see that they absolutely were building the character up along with the music. I definitely saw a difference between "Gourmandises" & "Mes Courants Electriques". I think it would have been very interesting to see her image evolve and eventually I think they would have let her go with their blessing to be on her own.

She obviously made a pre-mature decision, probably influenced by her new found glory Jeremy. That said, she doesn't need to go back to Mylene to become a good artist. Also, she would not have to go back to the Lolita image if she did, lol. Regardless of why she left Mylene & Laurent I don't hold it against her. First of all it's her life to live, and if she did it for love, well that by far is the most honorable thing to do, to sacrifice everything for love !! Les choses, que la passion fait faire, paraissent ridicules à ceux qui n'en ont jamais senti ♥

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 09-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

I can't pretend to know anything beyond speculation about Aliée's motivations at the time she separated from M&L so I won't go there, but one thing I do know is that there is no friction or bad feelings between the two women today. Alizée sent Mylène a pre-release copy of Psychédélices. Mylène protected Alizée's professional name and "sold" it back to her for one Euro. Alizée has repeatedly said that she is grateful to Mylène for jump-starting her career in music, and that she parted ways because she wanted to take her art in her own direction. This is perfectly plausible. Why add unnecessary complications? Why compose these dramatic scenarios of Alizée wanting to escape the evil puppet-mistress, or a struggle for possession of Alizée's soul between Mylène and Jérémy? We have no need for such explanations nor any evidence at all that any such thing ever happened.

Regardless of how Mylène's fans may feel about Alizée, there is no evidence whatever that Mylène herself shares their opinion. Nor do we have any reason to suspect that there was "any kind of misunderstanding or disagreement" between the two of them at any time.

One of the drawbacks to both of those women being such private people is that the gaps are sometimes filled with a lot more drama than was probably really there.

Edit: I want to add that we can't blame Alizée's tattoos and piercings on the J-man or on any sort of girlish infatuation. She did briefly imitate his [shudder] fashion sense, but thankfully this phase passed. He has never been as much into either piercings or tattoos as she, unless he has them where they don't show, and she continues to acquire tattoos although she no longer dresses the way he does. That's her, not him.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 09-24-2009 at 05:57 PM..
Old 09-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

@Deep, I totally agree.

@Jess, I am so glad to see someone else who believes that the Lolita period was over, even if Alizée stayed with Mylene. Mylene was certainly smart enough to know that Alizée's image would have to continue to evolve, just as it did in the MCE era.